Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:40:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CT Rot Bot.  (Read 6009 times)
Ashlierayne

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »

After getting hung in CT last night for 3 hours looking for 1 item.

Maybe a Rot bot like in PoD? turn in 2 for 1? Would help a bit I think when new players hit CT.

I mean dont get me wrong the AAs fly in CT, but just an idea.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »

There are no triggers for CT armor (no crystals from mini named or chests)....armor just drops off trash, and a TON of it drops. Make an instance and start speed pulling....you'll gear a team very quickly. I think I did a full set of 6 man gear in CT last time I did essences in a couple hours. Contrary to what people whine and moan about on this issue unless you were cycling repopped zones in Tacvi every 10 minutes its FAR FAR easier gearing a team in CT than it was in Tacvi. Mobs arent as hard (except for the named) and you typically get an armor drop like 1 in 5 from trash at worst.

I never understood the whining about CT. Even when I ran a qvic geared team through here a month or so ago (back before Hunter listened to the kvetching and upped the drop rate) it took very very little time to gear up a team.....and that was with 2 plate, 2 chain a leather and a silk. Because of how easy it is to get drops, and the fact that you need NO triggers as you do in T1, I really couldnt see Hunter adding a rot bot here. Well, at least I hope he doesnt.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:55:12 am »

really there is a positive flip side to being "stuck" in CT on a piece of armor: you need essences for strike augs, at a min. 8.

frustrating, absolutely, but on the ezgrinding scale, not that frustrating

Qvic, CT, T2, T4 and T8 are all the same type of concept, armor specific drops. while the others are generic drop concepts.

the aa's and the essences are a good pay off for being "stuck" though, look at it in that manner and its not as frustrating

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:26 am »

Heh....and not to scare you away, but if CT is giving you fits T5 will make your head explode.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:52:31 am »

T5 is gonna make him want to climb on a rooftop somewhere with a full auto rifle.

His famous last words will be "What do you mean there's only a 3% chance that a named is gonna spawn off killing an entire species of mob in the zone?"  Then he will realize that he will have to go on a specific mob genocide to get one update. 
Can I buy a ticket to this show?  It's gonna be great.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 02:09:52 pm »

hey at least at that point he'll be whining about wanting to go back to CT drop rates Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64991
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210