Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:46:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: EZ Update 5-16-2015  (Read 16540 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2016, 05:03:30 pm »

Hello all,

The forums are back online for now and we have a slew of updates and things to note.

Magelo:
  • Magelo services have been migrated from Hostgator to a new webhost I've spun up in the EZ datacenter, this will make Magelo page responses far faster
  • Having the magelo run on much faster hardware also makes it realistic to build signatures on the Magelo once again

EZ Community Wiki:
  • The EZ Wiki that has been built and maintained by the members of the EZ community is now also hosted in EZ's datacenter and is located at http://wiki.ezserver.online - If you were a contributor to this you will need to re-register

Front/Landing Page:
  • Noot has been kind enough to take on the project of creating us some nice landing page content, more on this to come later.

Exploits/Botters:
  • If you find an exploit, or become aware of an existing exploit, do the community a favor and report them properly. I've always given players proper compensation for exploits that are server threatening, this should be common sense but I'm just making this known again. Same thing goes for botters, if you know someone is botting - report them, they shouldn't be botting in the first place and they will be caught.

Donating:
  • If you plan on donating, make sure you do it soon because I will be shutting them back down again within the next week or so. There will be no double credits and will be 1:1

Changelog:
  • Muramite Proving Grounds Expedition is temporarily disabled until further notice
  • Fixed an issue with the Keeper of the Ages where a bulk upgrade nearing Rank 1,000 with more AA points than what's needed to achieve Rank 1,000 would hit over the cap and recieve no item in return
  • Both forum and in game magelo services have been moved to http://magelo.ezserver.online - this will prove to be far more responsive/faster than before, in game commands and links updated as well
  • The 'Help' window has been visually adjusted as well as added #files and #viewchangelog as custom commands
  • Boards will be available starting the beginning of next week, in the meantime the ezwiki is accessible via /say ezwiki and server files are available via command #files, thanks everyone!
  • The EZ Server Wiki has been updated at /say ezwiki, it is the EZ Server Wiki that is made by the players and hosted by myself. Sign up for a user at the top link, in your bio state what it is that you plan to contribute and I will review the registration and approve as they come through
  • Fixed issues with potential lockout bypassing when issuing expedition invites or expedition group invites. Thanks Tankasaurus for helping with the testing
  • The window offering the initial expedition details has been overhauled and displays more useful information with a cleaner appearance
  • Fixed all of the issues with expeditions and lockouts
  • Fixed an issue where characters would sometimes not get a task assignment on creation of an expedition
  • Fixed an issue where some toons would not get task completion credit during an expedition
  • Introduced new in-game command #character_move <account_name> <character_name> :: This will return specified character to Nexus granted they are offline
  • "Left Behind Baggage" will now drop accessories and sometimes 'Essence of Old Commons' once again as it would not drop anything before
  • Atlantean Harpoon has been changed from 2HPierce to 2HB because of classes lacking Skill mods
  • T5 Platinum drops have been slightly lowered, but should still be higher than before
  • You can now view the EZ Server changelog via #viewchangelog
  • Friends will now receive online/offline notifications when friends log in or out
  • Guild members will now receive notifications when other main (non-alt) members go online or offline
  • T4 bosses had mistakenly been assigned the T3 spell pool versus the T4 spell pool, T4 bosses in Airplane now have a 10&PCT; chance to individually roll from the T3 and T4 spell pool respectively
  • Drop fix :: Alkare in T5 now drops the "Veeshan's Boots Pattern II" once again as it was only dropping Magician Sleeves, this will take a new instance to take affect
  • The accidental item hand-in safety net has been put back in place
  • Jaggedpine pathing should now behave more approriately, the pathing Z plane thresholds have been adjusted and the LOS check frequency has been adjusted
  • Razorback in T5 :: Abyss :: is now dropping both Mage/Wizard Arm/Boot patterns again, this may take a new instance to cycle
  • Spell: Crabtwoshoes Lore is now "T9 Spell: Crabtwoshoes Will Heal You Too!" instead of having T9 and T8
  • Skull Earring Lore tag is now "TOFS Accessory Earring"
  • Fixed an issue where EXP buffs do not correctly get rescaled when a player zones immediately afterwards, this will take affect soon as zones recycle. Thanks to Vegitto for the report

Forum Rules and Reminders
  • Keep posts constructive, if argumentative; do not tear into players otherwise your posts will be removed
  • Be respectful of others, that includes staff members, previous staff members or even EQEmu developers

Staff Changes
  • Hateborne is no longer a staff member of the server. Hateborne has been a huge contributor to the EZ Server community over the years, we appreciate all of his hard work and dedication.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:52:39 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:32:38 pm »

It's alive!

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 06:41:45 pm »

YAY

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

change is change is change

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »

Thank you for all the fixes and updates.

Do you have plans for additional content in the future, near or far?

If so, who will be working on that?
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 09:27:24 am »

Neat !

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:51:55 pm »

Thank you for all the fixes and updates.

Do you have plans for additional content in the future, near or far?

If so, who will be working on that?

Yep, plans in the near future. I will be cranking it out, but there are some things I am going to get lined up first

EZ Server GM
Thos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 07:26:03 pm »

Akkadius remember the intro you did on your last server where the camera moved around to different npcs and told you a bit about them?  That was one of the cooler things I've seen a developer do in emu, I feel like that could have some other cool applications in a raid zone. 
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 07:32:48 pm »

Akkadius remember the intro you did on your last server where the camera moved around to different npcs and told you a bit about them?  That was one of the cooler things I've seen a developer do in emu, I feel like that could have some other cool applications in a raid zone.  

Are you talking about the touring system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta2YzqaEsDg

Also used for cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeLQ2GDQhY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uNT9VeL_iM
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:12:38 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Thos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 11:48:29 pm »

Hah, it's rare that a positive memory is outdone by the reality but yea...  Those are amazing.  For those that didn't play on the fun house check out the videos.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 10:37:33 am »

All those fancy spell effects, too bad RoF2 doesn't want to work with spell effects!

They're looking awesome tho.

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 12:54:20 pm »

Akk, thoughts on T10 changes from an instancing perspective?  I know some folks have learned to live with it or even like it, it's still a significant deterrent for me and my guild mate to returning to active play.

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 12:53:46 pm »

Akk, thoughts on T10 changes from an instancing perspective?  I know some folks have learned to live with it or even like it, it's still a significant deterrent for me and my guild mate to returning to active play.
Don't like playing with other people in same zone?

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 01:46:42 pm »

Don't like playing with other people in same zone?

Guild mates and friends... sure.  Griefers, train conductors and asshats.. no.

T-10 was nothing more than an attempt to pound square pegs into round holes.  This has been a solo/box server since I joined.  It's why I joined.  Not to compete with 700 other boxes in a desync test of the zone code.

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:04 pm »

Guild mates and friends... sure.  Griefers, train conductors and asshats.. no.

T-10 was nothing more than an attempt to pound square pegs into round holes.  This has been a solo/box server since I joined.  It's why I joined.  Not to compete with 700 other boxes in a desync test of the zone code.

This, plus I have to AFK, a lot, at this stage of my life with a kid running around and being a mostly functional adult, so that doesn't play well with others either.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232