Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:22:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: EZ Update 5-16-2015  (Read 16541 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 01:54:58 pm »

in all fairness the zone trains you with traps its not players so much...the desync is gone.....you should try it...

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 06:34:57 pm »

Guild mates and friends... sure.  Griefers, train conductors and asshats.. no.

T-10 was nothing more than an attempt to pound square pegs into round holes.  This has been a solo/box server since I joined.  It's why I joined.  Not to compete with 700 other boxes in a desync test of the zone code.

This, plus I have to AFK, a lot, at this stage of my life with a kid running around and being a mostly functional adult, so that doesn't play well with others either.

I just finished T10 after about 2 months to get all the armor. Never once got trained by other players. Trained by traps thousands of times. The people that go into that zone know what they're doing. I afk'd in there all the time. I can easily think of 20 different places to afk my toons the whole night or while I'm at work and come back without dying.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 10:33:26 pm »

Kwai and Adydar. I bring you to this thread.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5117.msg66320#msg66320

Desync is gone.

As other said, I don't hear any griefers and trainers in T10 for as long as I've played this server. So I'm not sure where you get that ideas from. Maybe it was problem in past. But it's not a really problem anymore.

Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 03:09:47 am »

no one trains in T10 most of time we groupe even with other guilds and there is no problem if you have to go afk everyone does it from time to time we even share boss kills because we ask who else need the boss so everyone gets the upgrades.
There is really no need for instances there.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »

That can be said about everywhere.

Instances allow us to forget about everyone, kill whatever we want and do whatever we feel like without having to deal with others.  We spent years and years since the 90's playing with others.  Hunter gave us something that really appealed to us.. A way to pretty much play a MMO solo and never have to deal with anyone else unless you want to.   It brought us back into eq.   As we have gotten old, our abilities to play with others has diminished.  lol

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 08:51:23 pm »

If I'm not mistaken the reasoning for no T10 instances has nothing to do with the way the server is set up or run, it has to do with the amount of resources the actual zone consumes. If the zone were to be instances it would consume quite a bit more resources than most know. In simple terms it could be a hindrance to the server and not the salvation you seek.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 09:08:01 pm »

I wish this zone wasnt so resource heavy so it could be instanced......maybe zones created afterward (if any are) will keep this in mind...they need to be instanced.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 09:36:12 pm »

For once I agree with Orthanos.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »

I'm just speculating

Goyuzund

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:26 am »

so take the donations and setup a zone server just for instances of T10? id be willing to bet a real cheap server could run 20+ instances of just T10 all by itself. Seeing as how i setup a server that ran 80 people in the arena all in combat while i was running eq and firefox and whatever else you run on a normal computer with no lag for anyone.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 09:18:27 am »

That's not going to happen, just a guess

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 03:46:57 pm »

so take the donations and setup a zone server just for instances of T10? id be willing to bet a real cheap server could run 20+ instances of just T10 all by itself. Seeing as how i setup a server that ran 80 people in the arena all in combat while i was running eq and firefox and whatever else you run on a normal computer with no lag for anyone.

There's a giant difference between 100 clients in a zone and 20-40 clients in a zone with 700+ NPC's, 200+ objects and 200+ doors with grid and position updates happening at a rapid pace, the amount of packet sends in that zone is incredible. Not to mention all of the spell list overhead.

Since the changes in October, it is far more realistic to instance this zone but I'm not honestly sure that it is necessary at this point.

I'm not opposed to things if they make sense though with sound arguments

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 03:50:56 pm »

That can be said about everywhere.

Instances allow us to forget about everyone, kill whatever we want and do whatever we feel like without having to deal with others.  We spent years and years since the 90's playing with others.  Hunter gave us something that really appealed to us.. A way to pretty much play a MMO solo and never have to deal with anyone else unless you want to.   It brought us back into eq.   As we have gotten old, our abilities to play with others has diminished.  lol

Instances were something I worked on with Hunter ironically way back when we introduced them into EZ

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=930.msg12670#msg12670

Once again my opinion on this is indifferent, I wouldn't be opposed to a few different public instances but I've been reading conflicting arguments from players actually in T10

EZ Server GM
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 03:56:58 pm »

No need to instance the zone, other than that's what people are used to. I've been in T10 since day 1 and have yet to say "damn, wish this was instanced". I've met a few folks I wouldn't have with instances and had a grand ol' time.

Sure, from time to time people don't want to join raids and maybe you lose a kill or two. If people would just join up and stop worrying about "me, me, me", you'd progress much faster in this zone.

Denzig <STONE>
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »

No need to instance the zone, other than that's what people are used to. I've been in T10 since day 1 and have yet to say "damn, wish this was instanced". I've met a few folks I wouldn't have with instances and had a grand ol' time.

Sure, from time to time people don't want to join raids and maybe you lose a kill or two. If people would just join up and stop worrying about "me, me, me", you'd progress much faster in this zone.

Stated very well sir

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053