Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:53:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Looting  (Read 48511 times)
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 07:03:49 am »

I think the 2.5 min timer is fine after that it is free for all.  If you need it so bad and you killed it than loot it.

It doesn't matter what you think. That is against the rules. If you wish to play like that, then don't complain when you get banned.
Demin
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 07:47:33 am »

If I need it, I will very likely loot it within 1 minute.  However, if an alt that isn't logged in needs it, or a guildie needs to zone in and run to the corpse, it's going to take a while.  Thus, the rule....don't loot if it isn't yours or you don't have permission.  The end.
Domeiz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 09:39:36 am »

exactly, I was having a guildie loot a pattern in PoD and some rat came up and looted it while i was turned around, wasn't able to get a screen shot :/.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05:49 am »

I think the 2.5 min timer is fine after that it is free for all.  If you need it so bad and you killed it than loot it.

Guess what, no one gives a fuck what you think. I try to have a little more couth on the forums but I can't stand stupid shit like this. Aside from being a rule set by the guy who runs the server it's is just common decency to not take shit that isn't yours.

If you need something learn to kill things yourself, ask other people if you can loot, or else get the fuck off the server.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Thalia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 10:20:50 am »

Go back and read the post that is in yellow From the person who runs this serve, the post isnt hard to miss go to page one of this post and scroll all the way up and READ.Its people like you that hunter had to make a special post about ninja looking.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 05:27:07 am »

trust me the WOW crowd isnt here when you get someone to run up to you and say plat pls, pls plat then open a trade window with you that is the wow crowd.

Its practically at that point, with the people begging for epic runs, gear runs, etc.
Especially sad when its easy enough to accumulate enough wealth to pay for the same thing, just proves that there are far too many people running around expecting stuff handed to them with absolutely zero effort on their part. Funny thing I noticed....guildless people tend to offer something of value for what they are asking while people in guilds are the ones expecting the free rides. Hope Hunter can find some respectable people to act in Guide capacity to revoke those peoples ability to /tell and /ooc.

Thats one way to look at it..

The other way is this: Not everyone boxes.. and even those that do...

I think we can *all* agree that once you get that *one* toon to a 3.0 / Qvic/T1/etc type gear with some augments, *then* you can really start doing things yourself and gearing out a full box..

Its the natural cycle of things. When i was new, ppl like Sauga and Prinni and Buckler (and many others i'm ashamed to have momentarily forgotten) took me around on their endeavors and helped gear up my monk to the point that i got the l337 gears and could gear up my own paladin, and whatever else lies down the road..

I've gone out of my way to pay it forward, killing countless 1.5epic mobs, Time Clears, LDON clears, MOW kills, etc... for other people new to the server that need that extra boost on Toon 1 to create their own personal armada of a$$-kicking. Pay it forward, it's what this server is built on. For every asshat hording plat and trying to sell incomplete epic 2.0 books, theres a dozen or more people selflessly helping others get started to enjoy this great server.

This server is EZ. This server is *not* easy starting out once you get past BOT. If you are as solo warrior with 1.0s / 1.5s grinidng your way though BOT/POTa, you *are* going to need help, whether in the form of some whacky 4.0 warrior whos bored or a full group of your peers, to progress. Thats what /ooc and /w all is for.

I of course agree  that some people have an inflated sense of entitlement, but that's few and far between.

You wanna help someone sometime.. Instead of laughing at the guy offering his only 10k for a 2.0 run in /ooc, HELP HIM. He obviously needs the 2.0 and someone to show him the ropes. He doesnt know how to farm bags of plat and use quests and camp FG/CG items, and whatever else to get started on his personal empire.. All he knows is what we all knew when we hit that wall on this server:

The stuff i'm supposed to be killing is kicking my tail.

So give him a hand.. Don't just give him a fish, teach 'em to fish. We're all pretty decent human beings behind keyboards playing a game we love. Act like it.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Aname
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 09:28:11 am »

I agree Ponzi.  Terminus and I have help many people on the server for free.  Those who offer to pay, thanks for the plat.  Those who can't afford it, no problem.  People helped us and I have no problem returning the favor.  For those who can't afford to pay, the only thing I ask is that they help someone else down the road.  It's not very difficult to be nice.   Smiley
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 11:18:24 am »

Without evil, there is no good. =)
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 01:00:07 pm »

Easy fix with ninja looting... if you need to get a toon there loot lock it with someone until the toon that needs the loot is there. If ifs something you cant loot or cant sell loot is and destory it Problem solved.... Fix yourself before you cry to Hunter

Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 04:14:52 pm »

How about some Code to turn that ninja looted item in to a lump of Coal and the looter gets flaged KOS, a new title that displays "Ninja Looter" then turns them in to a guttess chicken that a lvl 1 player could touch and kill them but the chicken buff stays on for a few days. I think the "Warhammer" folks did something like this for their game. Well the turning into a guttless chicken part only but still it's a cool concept.

It would probably happen once but then news would spread don't touch stuff that don't belong to you.

Draw back is that if someone killed the mob for someone else then the other person should have to be on group with them to not get branded and chickenized.

That's fantastic.  I had flashbacks to Heretic 2 where you could turn people into chickens... only on occasion you got a chicken with 999HPs and then you were running from the chicken cause one peck and you were dead!!!

Well said Ponzi - couldn't agree more!
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 04:41:50 pm »

Easy fix with ninja looting... if you need to get a toon there loot lock it with someone until the toon that needs the loot is there. If ifs something you cant loot or cant sell loot is and destory it Problem solved.... Fix yourself before you cry to Hunter

So some people ignore obvious morality, and everyone else should "fix" themsleves?

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Rastaman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 05:31:48 pm »

So some people ignore obvious morality, and everyone else should "fix" themsleves?

don't take me wrong, but you just can't go thru life (EVEN less on a online game) expecting that people will follow obvious morality
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 05:43:14 pm »

/shrug

I lock corpses real life all the time..
then the PoPo's try to ninja my stuff...

huwhaa?

/wakes up

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 06:03:14 pm »

It's sucks you have to lock a corpse if it has loot that you want on it. Yeah it takes more time, I should not have to lock it, he ninja looted my stuff blah blah blah.

When it comes down to it what would you rather be doing? Equipping you toons with the gear or pursuing it on this board knowing you're not gonna get the gear back?
Aname
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 04:41:59 am »

Gunther, how much time does it take to stay kneeling on a corpse?  You are already kneeling on it when you look at the loot and decide that you want it for another toon.  It takes a lot longer to farm the drop again if someone ninja's it.

Thyl, not trying to give you a hard time but you lock your house up because of immoral people.  No different in game unfortunately.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)