Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:28:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Looting  (Read 48511 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2010, 12:37:10 pm »

pixels have feelings too..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2010, 07:57:57 pm »

Wow, how hard is it for people to understand that if you loot something that does not belong to you, you are running the risk of being banned? Sure, some areas are more risky than others. You can get banned for looting something that does not belong to you in PoG and you can get banned for looting something that does not belong to in FoB. You are more likely to get reported in PoG, but you are just as likely to get banned if reported. Stealing is a very defined word. Firetoad did not exaggerate the use of stealing.

People asking for justification or using the argument 'my examples aren't hurting anyone' are just simply looking to abuse a black and white rule. I think Hunters own words are best used to address those arguments.

Doesn't matter if you agree with the rule, only that you follow them. Loot something without permission and you will be banned.

But by all means, keep working on that reputation.

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »

This really shouldn't be that hard.

It all boils down to the following things:
Courtesy, respect, communication, and honour.

Say what you want, mean what you say, do what you say, and for the love of all that is holy (or unholy, if you're evil), say "please" and "thank you".

Fuck around, and people will fuck you over and/or you will get banned.
Behave nicely, and people will carry you on their shoulders and make you feel like a giant.

Try it. People get Terrorantula and Quillmane killed for them the entire time without those people even knowing them. Entire 1.5 and even 2.0 runs are being done for free, simply because someone asked nicely and was patient and friendly about it.

You can be lifted all the way to Plane of Dragons level on the wings of kind people, if you manage to get into fighters'/casters' guild yourself. And hey, guess what? Almost any class should be able to get those items by themselves at lvl 70, or make the money for it by hunting wisps and selling two or three superior lightstones.

Just. Don't. Be. A. Stubborn. Asshole.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2010, 05:06:34 am »

^^
Truf.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2010, 09:43:02 pm »

I like that, hopefully I gave credit where credit was do.
Balthor2
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2010, 07:59:18 am »

It all boils down to the following things:
Courtesy, respect, communication, and honour.

Say what you want, mean what you say, do what you say, and for the love of all that is holy (or unholy, if you're evil), say "please" and "thank you".

Fuck around, and people will fuck you over and/or you will get banned.
Behave nicely, and people will carry you on their shoulders and make you feel like a giant.

Try it. People get Terrorantula and Quillmane killed for them the entire time without those people even knowing them. Entire 1.5 and even 2.0 runs are being done for free, simply because someone asked nicely and was patient and friendly about it.

You can be lifted all the way to Plane of Dragons level on the wings of kind people, if you manage to get into fighters'/casters' guild yourself. And hey, guess what? Almost any class should be able to get those items by themselves at lvl 70, or make the money for it by hunting wisps and selling two or three superior lightstones.

Truth
I take the approach of ask nice and be not afraid to be told no. Whats the worst that can happen?
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »

You guys are exactly right.  I just like to question rules and see all sides.
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2010, 08:57:53 am »

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2010, 03:54:25 pm »

Well, I wasn't going to say anything but since someone else did I can't resist it anymore.

You guys are exactly right.  I just like to question rules and see all sides.

Wtf dude. You come here and your all like, loot your stuff or I'll loot it (but but not really me, I mean someone else might jack your stuff... yeah yeah, it's the gnomes that will do it, certainly not me). And then, like a month later your all, I was just joshin you guys, lulz. I just wanted to see all sides. I can not think of how dumb that is. I don't know if it is because I am not smart enough, or that I am not dumb enough to imagine the idiocy.

Ryvva

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2010, 11:26:53 am »

I like the folks who walk up loot and when you ask if you can help them they say it was obviously rotting...

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2010, 12:46:33 pm »

I like them too. I like to dream of a huge karma train visiting them at the birdbath 3 weeks later.

Deadend
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2010, 01:04:48 pm »

Those are just precious memories best captured on fraps. Or camstudios.org. (Shameless advert for a FREE version of fraps with unlimited videos).

Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2010, 05:22:04 am »

This is crazy.  Why have you taken this out of context and tried to cause trouble?

I just cannot get behind wasting resources.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2010, 08:03:24 am »

This is crazy.  Why have you taken this out of context and tried to cause trouble?

It's simple. If you did not kill it, do NOT loot it.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2010, 01:49:58 pm »

Nothing is taken out of context and you know it. You are supporting ninja looting. Myself and the most of the rest are against ninja looting. It is as simple as that. As for causing trouble? It was you who initiated the revisit. It's funny how in one post you said you were just looking to see all sides, suggesting that you weren't really into ninja looting but just the debate of it, (bs) and then you show your true colors by saying you just cant stand waste. You know what's a waste? A waste is a toon(s) you spent months building up but can not use because you got banned for ninja looting. Now that is a waste.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)