Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:06:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Waypoints (Merged)  (Read 46492 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »

After reboot the Free Waypoint will only work for the owner, just like getting buffs from your pet does.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
ochocinco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:43 pm »

It looks like free waypoint doesn't work for the owner now.  Hopefully this will be fixed with the reboot.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:40:33 pm »

After reboot the Free Waypoint will only work for the owner, just like getting buffs from your pet does.

So .. what does this accomplish? The waypoint will disappear I hit create whatever and won't be able to get guildmates in the zone at all...... why not just make it respond to "guildmates"

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »

So .. what does this accomplish? The waypoint will disappear I hit create whatever and won't be able to get guildmates in the zone at all...... why not just make it respond to "guildmates"

Pop a reg waypoint for the goons to use after creating the instance.

Main: Bubbin
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:21:50 pm »

Not if he disables "reg waypoints" in certain zones..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:32:47 pm »

Would it be possible to make it so only the owner can Create Instance, and then so that the instance is created without the owner zoning in?  That way my whole raid can /say enter guild instance on my waypoint, but nobody else can make an instance.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »

Interesting concepts.

Regular Waypoint and Free Waypoint are almost the same, basically copy/paste under new npc name, and new price.

So technically yes, you should be able to make your free instance, then your guild mates should technically be able to zone in via regular waypoint.

I found the issue. The Waypoints are made as a swarm x1 for 300 seconds (with no aggro flags though). This is preventing it from having an OwnerID. Going to need to make Free Waypoints into a regular pet. I know this will butthurt some pet classes, but it was never intended for people to pop a Free Waypoint for others to hail. I sort of knew it was going on but had a huge list of other priorities to work on.

Hopefully things will be fixed by reboot. Might have new spell file too by then, cause I'm currently making new (npc) spells for ToFS.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 10:37:20 pm »

Would it be possible to make it so only the owner can Create Instance, and then so that the instance is created without the owner zoning in?  That way my whole raid can /say enter guild instance on my waypoint, but nobody else can make an instance.

Yes, this might be a better idea Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Walls

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 10:51:23 pm »

My wp didn't work at all for me tonight. It claimed I wasn't his master .
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 11:43:53 pm »

Its the type of pet.

You have Pets, Familiars, and Swarms.

Aparently a "Swarm" has no owner ID. Pets and Familiars do though.

I've changed the spell file to reflect it to be a Familiar instead of Swarm x1 300sec.

Its tested and working on the test server. Will go live after reboot. No spell posted yet, but will later.

Waypoints and Free Waypoints will require you to be the owner to "Create" but not "Enter".

I know it'll be some butt hurt but this is how I originally wanted it but had no time to look into it.

I'd rather not spam forums with multiple waypoint topics so I'll use this one...

WAYPOINT CONTEST!

I think we can all agree that the waypoint code is desperately over due for an update. Some times people lose their balance or instance. The players instance id's sometimes get deleted, or even cross over into other peoples instance.

I know several people offered help, and I even have some beta code that isn't complete, but is a good start. Hopefully Akkadius won't blow up at me if he has already something posted that I don't know about yet lol. But I'm looking for something a LOT better than what we have now.

I'd like perl code for Waypoints that doesn't lose a players balance or instance id, basically something not bugged.

I'd also like some new style like custom invite to a raid instance rather than relying on groupID and guildID for instances. A pop up window showing who's been invited and who accepted the invite would be neat-o. Maybe limit the number of players to something like 18 or 24 max, or not if players think that is bad idea.

Would need to be easily copy/paste into a Free Waypoint clone clickie.

Needs that only the owner will be able to create instances as well. Here is sample to help speed things up:

Code:
my $temp_owner = $npc->GetOwnerID();
if ($temp_owner != $userid) { # Deny create instance
   quest::say("Only my real owner can create an instance!");
}
else { } # Allow create instance

Willing to give 100-1000 credits plus 1-5 free waypoint cd keys depending how good the submitted code is. Only the code that gets used would get free credits/clickies.

No limit in time, would prefer 1 month though. Soon as I see something that I want to use, then the contest would be over.

I know several people offered help, and even some beta examples, sorry if I missed it in the spam email inbox, fell welcome to remail me about it.

EZ Server is where it is today cause of players helping with code and content. Its very much appreciated. Thanks to all of you that help! Smiley

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 12:58:25 am »

I had an idea for taking players money directly from them rather than using the current "balance" system. It requires custom code and only works for up to 2billion platinum though.

Not that anyone has 2 billion platinum lol

Then would only have to worry about making sure that they have an instanceID for their group / raid / guild.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 08:07:31 am »

Another option for restricting use of the free waypoint reward would be to make it so the waypoint option to create an instance is only available to those who have the reward item in their inventory.

I would still like to see the instance created without the toon zoning in though, so that all of my toons can use my waypoint to enter the instance once created.  It's kind of annoying to have to create two waypoints to get toons into an instance.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 02:29:54 pm »

Its not like players can't find a way around this either. Can't give someone else a free waypoint? Join their guild, make it, go back to your guild. Also the ability to make a GI of no guild should be removed if possible cuz it could be a leave guild, make instance, join guild after you zone everyone in again. Not that i see this happening that often, it is just a possibility.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:35:29 am »

Why was the same change made to the regular waypoint? My necro has a regular waypoint and I can't summon it without dismissing my pet, entering the instance and resummoning. Incredibly annoying. 

Hulkmad
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 09:13:37 am »

I know it'll be some butt hurt but this is how I originally wanted it but had no time to look into it.

Hunter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 8678