Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:22:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12-20-2014 (Rain of Fear 2 Client BETA Launched)  (Read 57278 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:09:27 am »

All, I am happy to present with you the latest server source update with a bunch of goodies.

Notable Changes:
  • Many Server Stability fixes and improvements
  • Guilds no longer spam rank on zone in
  • Expeditions disabled temporarily to observe some stability related issues as well as to address some other mechanics, shouldn't be a big deal and fixed soon

Zone Dropping Issue (Fixed):
  • Issue: Originally, people would witness when zoning clients that not all clients would make it and they would hang and/or the client would go (Not Responding) resulting in having to log those clients back in.
  • Root Cause: What is occurring here is when the zone to zone process occurs, the clients connection is passed to another process for handling. This particular process is called world, when this process gets busy, the following has been occurring. When a client zones, and world is processing the zone to zone request, the client will send what's called a OP_SessionRequest, to essentially establish its session again. What has been occurring is that the client will sometimes get impatient and send OP_SessionRequest twice, which world would drop those connections which result in either client crashes or client hangs.
  • Resolved: This issue has been resolved by our coders group and more specifically a private member who wish not be named. We have tested this working 100% for players running box armies of 12+ zoning simultaneously with no zone drops or crashes, this is now running live with the update.

Rain of Fear (2) Steam F2P Client Now Working & Released:
  • Thanks to in majority work by Trevius from the EQEmulator team, and various others of us. The F2P client from Steam is now available to play/use on EZ and I recommend everyone update to it and start testing it for their own sakes for the performance, memory usage and stability alone. This client is far better than UF. I need everyone to start adopting the mentality of making this client the new normal.
  • http://store.steampowered.com/app/205710/
  • Custom Files: All of the same EZ Custom Server Files apply, simply download them into the new EQ Directory
  • MacroQuest 2: You can get your RoF2 build here: http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php
  • Bugs or Issues: Please report them to this same news thread if you find any issues with this client. Keep your UF client incase you need to fallback to using it because of some issue you ran into. If you are crashing and you have no idea why, send an E-Mail to akkadius@live.com or post on this thread your logs/dbg.txt file from your EQ Directory and what you were doing to crash.
    We currently have a tracker on the community page regarding open issues and what is resolved: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=236218#post236218
(Make sure to just get the Free to Play one, as there is no need to buy the latest expansion on there since they are both the same download.)

You will need to install the Steam application, and download the client through it. You would then move or copy the Everquest folder it downloads to wherever you want to save it (I normally call mine something like Everquest_RoF2). Then, edit the eqhosts.txt file and create a shortcut to the eqgame.exe file with the patchme argument the same as normal. Steam should have stored Everquest in a folder similar to this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\EverQuest

This download is still considered RoF Expansion, but it is a different patch (about 6 months later). If everything goes well, I am hoping for this client version to be the new standard for EQEmu to replace Underfoot. We are calling it the "RoF2" client. Even if you don't switch over to it immediately (while it is still be developed), I highly recommend everyone get in now in case SOE decides to patch the version that has been on Steam since May 10th 2013.

Donations:
  • I've been getting bugged to the earths end about these. I will be doing these until the end of the year.
  • Starting the 25th, I will be doing double credits and will be available for a limited time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:54:23 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 01:15:03 am »

Very cool, thanks again for all the hard work Smiley  Working ROF is all we could ask for Christmas.
dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 03:02:59 am »

Hmm wont lemme get past character select screen not sure what I did wrong, downloaded all the new files etc > Works fine till I get to character select but when I try to log into my character eqclient crashes.
neways here is what I found when I searched dbq not sure if its what u need but /shrug

Here's what I did when setting this up lemme know if I missed something >

1)Downloaded rf2 from steam
2)Moved rf2 eq folder to a place outside of steam (ssd hard drive)
3)Moved EZ server files and EZ spell files into new rf2 everquest file
4)Changed eqhost as per eqemulator's instructions
5)I'm runnin through eqwin so didn't bother to do patchme stuff
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:30:06 am by dopeystuffz » Logged
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 03:39:06 am »

Did you run the optioneditor.exe to set graphics card etc?

Try without eqwin, just do a shortcut with the patchme added, and try again, without eqwin

VERY NICE, thanks  Akka and team, giving it a run now =)))

dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 03:54:12 am »

Yah reset options it helped I could get it to run OUTSIDE of wineq, still not working with wineq tho.  mmm clicky from bag ... /drools

**EDIT** Managed to get wineq to work hadda go into win eq file folder and totally remove old profiles instead of just modifying destination folder for old one >> and made a fresh new profile for tank AND bam it works... >.> don't ask me why but yah
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:02:58 am by dopeystuffz » Logged
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 04:01:52 am »

Just a couple thing I noticed

Guild ranks still shows, no biggy
Item links cut short when linked in chat, again no biggy
--

Here is the EQ Button Without SC Icon displayed - For any that want, no ui error
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:35:31 am by RedDwarf » Logged

dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 04:27:38 am »

Hmm aug's seem a lil messed up wont let you put more than 1 of same in armor (and yes I know how to bypass that, its in top slot) Have anguish boots, with a rank 7 heroic aug in bottom slot, and then 2 rank 6's in top two slots. took out the very top most augment and now it wont go back in cause it says I have 2 of same aug in there.  Tried to do it in old augment sealer then but that doesn't seem to function anymore.

Additionally its not letting me put link from anything in inventory inside hotbars atm.  Armor, top inventory slots, stuff in bags nothing is linkin to hotbar so I can setup clickies.

(and pls don't take all these posts as whining or nothing hate/akka Smiley i'm just excited....  Grin )
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:03 am »

I have been working all night trying to get this resolved. I can get one or two toons in then the rest start crashing at the char select screen. It doesn't matter if they had logged on to the server in this client before or not.
   Some times i can't even get one to load in. I haven't changed the folder at all except to change the host and add the required files. I have also redownloaded the folder to make sure it wasn't my copy. When I am in server it looks and runs well. but getting past the server select is dicey at best.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 07:10:41 am »

Ok, so I got the new client loaded, and the new MQ2. Works awesome! Love the stability and the great features! Any ideas at all on a UI?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 07:37:49 am »

Working on converting my UI, best I can
Prob will be some on EQInterface, I like mine clean, and game window as clear as possible

Done so far
EQ Button, linked above
New Inv window, modified to show plat and HP better
Custom Bank Window, modified again, to work better

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:01:10 am »

very cool, very cool indeed

downloading, setting up, etc, etc!

heres to hoping it goes smooth lol

Lot of hard work went into this I have no doubt and it is a very cool thing, very cool.

thanks much

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 08:04:09 am »

thought of something

is there anyway someone could get this download package, idk, put somewhere else?

DLing from steamwhatever is ehhhh

any possibility someone could take on that project, to streamline it as much as possible, I think it would make this move from one client to the next easier for everyone

just a thought

Ugazel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 10:22:33 am »

crashing everytime I choose a character
dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 12:25:18 pm »

If anyone wants to click items from inside bags Breach showed me how >> just do /useitem 23-32 (bag slot 1-10, though we only have 8 atm) 0-9. ie /useitem 30 0 clicks first clicky in 8th bag for me
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »

My group cure clickie reward item tried zoning me then the client crashed

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats