Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:23:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 72424 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:56:05 am »

This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended. This topic is LOCKED as the discussion ended.
T10 Thoughts/Musings

Hello ladies/gents/trolls,

It's Hate again. Just dropping in a new thread to encourage some dialogue and to prove that I've not expired. I am looking for general conversation, dialogue, discussion, etc about what YOU want to see in tier 10. I'm not looking so much at "I want trolls! SO MANY TROLLS!", but more of what you liked/hated about previous tiers or things that you would like to see.

Quick Ground Rules:
  • DO NOT ATTACK OR START A PISSING MATCH. (You are free to disagree with another, but flaming/pissing/bickering for the sake of being argumentative will get your posts deleted)
  • Do not ask for teasers as Love and I will be tight-lipped.

Outside of that, please let the posts fly!

-Hate
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:19:52 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »

I would like to see armor that doesn't have so many combinations to make ie- t9. I would prefer a mold of some sort ie chest mold, arm mold, leg mold etc. Then maybe 2 or 3 other things to add to the combine. If multiple mini bosses maybe an orb or component from them with a random zone drop for that piece.

More of a tiered system of bosses (Like T6) where they get harder as you go up the chain.

If a tiered system is in place maybe kill boss 1 to get boss 2 to get boss 3. No skipping right to the end. I really like chain events.

Random zone drops of SLS (have to try).

Naked wood elves.

Keeze
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:34:16 pm »

I am a big fan of chain bosses as well, however T7, running for 10mins to get bosses at different corners of the map is a pain in the royal asses of all.

I am also a big fan of the mechanics of T5, however, I am not a fan of spending 2 weeks to try to get the last 4 bosses to spawn

I like the idea of having to turn in an item to get a boss to spawn, ie: T1-4, what I am not a fan of is farming a zone that has no value to get these turn in items. A tier lvl zone for the turn in items is desirable though.

Xp greater than all the other tiers, as well as a greater chance for the aa crystals, gsoa's, SLS's and plat. If you are in the top tier you should be rewarded for such.

Big fan of a last boss, or last few bosses that require more than 1 person to complete, at least at the first.

Big fan of not being able to sell the tier, ie: Twhatever armor for sell pst. Needs to be a farming type armor so that you cant just come in and loot your armor and leave.

UWXII item that is bound to T10, needed to complete the quest for that UW. a quest item within the zone that cant be just come in and loot the item. an item that needs to be "built".

just a few thoughts, basically T10, imo, should be earned, not sold on the market.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:56:46 pm »

Big fan of a last boss, or last few bosses that require more than 1 person to complete, at least at the first.

I really like this --- a Quarm or Kerafyrm type...

Though thinking about it - I can't think of a way to do this without it having a huge amount of drawbacks... i.e. flagging the OTHER 15 members of your crew. Also the boss would either be:
a) too hard in the first place
b) trivialized once you get geared people

I like the idea in principle though, plus I remember Hate saying a bit about his vision for EZ a while back in posts of "OH S&#^, A DRAGON!!" instead of a grind of watching their health go down with zero risk. I can't remember the context of when he said it.

^ On that note - my favorite memories on EZ were NOT being able to kill Dragon Slave in PoTime... and NOT being able to kill Kronos (back when there was only one REAL Kronos, and 2 fake ones )... I haven't not been able to kill a boss upon breaking in since then... White was easy, MCP was easy, OMM was easy, Loping Plains is easy except Pride... which just Drakes himself, Vulak is easy, Hill Giant is a joke (although Black Priest is hard)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:01:07 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:00 pm »

Things I liked about previous tiers :

1.  Outdoors vs dungeons so I don't have toons sticking on corners.
2.  Zones that allow summon vs ToFS (I get why) can't summon.
3.  Linear progression vs random drops.  I actually liked the multiple items required to get upgrades so I didn't have to deal with 30 Ranger/Mage/Bst items per day.
  --  I don't know if it's wise or feasible, but would like to see equal combine requirements for all classes.  In T8 my mage was the first complete set, but was the last in T9. due to short drops on Silk...  or more Obilteration mobs vs Spiders.
4.  Surprise spawns.  Superior wisp in T9 was peachy.

Things I didn't like :

1.  Water.  More specifically, rooted mobs in water.
2.  Not knowing ahead of time (or very early) what combines were required for Epics and armor.  i.e... if faction is required, a zone specific vendor/NPC with the information that actually tells you what the goals and requirements are.
3.  Risk out of balance with reward.  Trash mobs so hard that first timers couldn't survive the encounter.
4.  Narrow-specific-scripts requirements in order to spawn bosses.
5.  Water.
6.  This probably should have been my number one... Tasks in another zone required to complete the new tier.  Specifically, HoH tokens required for T3/T4 and resist stones from ToFS required to compete in Tiered zone.

One last thing... if could suggest it... please don't include T10 essence in the Epic (or UC 4) requirements.  If you do, please increase the drop rate beyond 2 - 3 per clearing.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:01:50 pm »

As I've stated before, I'd like to see use made of later zones. Unsure whether or not you already have the zone picked. I'm hoping for places, if its doable, like:

Sepulcher of Order
Chapterhouse of the Fallen (Befallen revisited)
Breeding Grounds (Dragon Necropolis 2.0)
Chelsith Reborn (THe Grey on Crack)

Just some ideas. I think I'd prefer an indoor zone to an outdoor, overall, but any would do. And agreed, I like the idea of dungeon crawls....but dont make it too rigid. Just set it up so that down the road you cant pull the whole zone and instagib with a group of 1 war, 1 druid and 4 zerkers Tongue

If the above zones dont work, maybe:

Frostcrypt, Throne of the Shade King
Valdeholm
Meldrath's Majestic Mansion (nice sized zone)
Crystallos, Lair of the Awakened

As for the idea of armor being just a mold dropped....I dont like that idea. As much of a pain in the ass as it can be, the way armor is done in T9 is excellent. Its perfect. Its a pain in the ass, and takes time and effort....as it should. And, as Rent stated, you cant just hand someone an SLS and loot a rotting armor piece. You need to FARM.

Wanna make something easy? Fine. Make spells easier to get....perhaps something like a rune drop and use it to buy the spell from a merch (kind of a modified OOW method) or something similar. Also perhaps add clickies for the melee, as we had in T4. With the new client clickies are definitely viable again for any and all. But something for the melee minded would be cool!

Please, PLEASE do not make armor or epics easy. But....please DO add an alternative to a UC upgrade....just as difficult as what you might find in the T10 main zone, if you decide to add UC4, but a second place that allows you some variety. The thing that made T6 and 8 so gawd awful monotonous was the fact that you HAD to stay in and clear scores if not hundreds of times to UC even 1 group. If its doable eventually adding a second option, even if its HARDER, would help a ton.

I like the amount of mobs that cast, and having to work up resists to mitigate that. Maybe jump up the resist check for T10. As it stands most T9 tanks are 4K or better on resists, and the boxes all 3Kish. Maybe its time to force people to start making resist XXs.

Moar UW augs!! And something other than the dailies to get them....unless we KNOW all the issues with those are behind us.

UWXII item that is bound to T10, needed to complete the quest for that UW. a quest item within the zone that cant be just come in and loot the item. an item that needs to be "built".

^This!! As much as I hate to say it, maybe T10 essences need to be no drop.

Just some ideas that have popped into what passes for a brain for me. I'll post more as my caffeine levels approach normal.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:07:02 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:12:07 pm »

I would totally disagree with the resist checks. It's bad enough im getting feared in t9 gear and frankly there is not enough time in the day to rank up to XX unless those also are dropped in the zone. Then i could understand. But enough is enough w/the resist checks. If you get up to 4k I would say that should be good enough for the resists.

Keeze
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 01:13:08 pm »

Oh, I love Rents comment about not selling the zone.  T9 has that mechanic, but I still see it happening.  The only way around it that I can conceive of is to continue with faction requirements and eliminate the faction items and positive faction hits for the toons flopped at zone in.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 01:25:33 pm »

I would totally disagree with the resist checks. It's bad enough im getting feared in t9 gear and frankly there is not enough time in the day to rank up to XX unless those also are dropped in the zone. Then i could understand. But enough is enough w/the resist checks. If you get up to 4k I would say that should be good enough for the resists.

There needs to be another "gut check". We have them all the way through progression, and its time for another. Every few tiers there's something about a zone that weeds out the guy who farmed 200 SLS and is using them to buy his way to the top tier. We havent really had one since T5, and T10 is a great spot for another, IMO....and resists are a great way to do that.

IMO if you want to play in "the big boy zone" you need to do your work.....more than just getting through collecting armor drops and doing an epic, sometimes. The increased resist checks will force people to prioritize aug slots, perhaps force them to replace some of the LP hp augs with resists.....perhaps force them to get UC upgraded to 3, or UW to 10 before they tackle the zone.

My bottom line: we need to slow shit down on EZ....not install 20 item or less lanes. People are hitting max gear too fast, too easily, and it breeds ennui. Making new zones too easy is a great way to make a game boring quickly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:29:07 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

ESPECIALLY at the top ranks. I'd like to see T10 take even the most die hard player months of hard work to conquer, rather than the days or weeks we're seeing now.

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »

I am on the verge of finishing T8, so I still have T9 to go before I even think of T10.  

But here's my thoughts on the previous tiers.  

T6 is by far the way I like the gear/weapons/UC/everything else.  The more you do it, the better your group gets.  It used to take me 2.5+ hours to clear it but now I can mow through that place in 35-40 minutes.  The money is good.  

I loath T8's class specific armor drops.  I am on my 35th to 40th clear and I still have 3 toons that need 3 or more pieces and I am only about 1/3rd through my first UC3.  I almost want to throw my keyboard every time I kill a named and it drops Wizzy or Necro gear, which happens ALOT.   I don't mind the UC collection aspect of this zone, it is going to take some time but will definitely be worth it.  The randomness of the scales is a little lop sided.  I usually get 3x green scales to 2x red scales and I am lucky to get a single silver scale per run.  

T5 and T7 all the running around to gather mobs suck.  In T7 I have to have a toon parked on one side of the zone with the coth clicky, to try an eliminate some of the running around while I farm the other side of the zone.  In T5, the corals are the bane of my existence.  It wouldn't be so bad, if they were able to be mobile.  Even when you are beginning in that zone, if you were able to pull 2 or 3 up out of the water, it would make a world of difference.  The fact that the game doesn't allow the under water movement to work properly, if anyone other than your tank is even a pixel closer it will cause the toon to get aggro and loosing a toon or two when breaking in the zone can cause wipes.  

Tier 3 and 4 sharing the same HOH tokens is kind of a pain.  I would rather not see anything like that again.  LoL
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 01:40:00 pm »

I'd like to see T10 take even the most die hard player months of hard work to conquer, rather than the days or weeks we're seeing now.

Agree

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 01:43:31 pm »

I would also like to see the leaf series extended in T10, make the leafXX available for combines, basically just continue the line to extend to 20 instead of 10

I would like to see the SoT extended in T10 as well, a quest type thing that would net a considerable upgraded SoT, not so much one that starts only if you have SoTX, but one that starts off in T10

Essences no drop in T10 should be a go, farm them yourself, no selling, no nothing, get in there and grind it out for your own. I think this is an excellent idea for T10

MULTIPLE skins for each class, so many so that everyone doesn't end up looking like a cookie cut of each other's crew. and really cool looking ones. Tired of seeing everyone with the same damn weapons for each class.

I would also like to see T10 be a 3 or 4 zone tier, not just one zone done, boom. a variety of scenery. a dungeon component, an outdoor component. Something to please both crowds here. What has been bad about all the other tiers is you go to one zone and stay there grinding until your eyes bleed and you cant take it no more. What would be really cool is a T10 zone for epics, a T10 zone for armor and a T10 zone for your off slot items. What are you doing? T10! Which T10? gonna do armor today for my crew, so T10b (whatever). Next day or so do epics, mix it up.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 01:43:49 pm »

Here's a crazy thought - how to make the final boss REALLY hard... but eliminate the problem of having to get a REALLY hard and time consuming epic 16 times...

Make it some kind of semi-required item to get for, say, your warrior - (so that yout you only have to get it one time)

I.e. the boss is near unkillable without this item on your warrior... and the item is hard to get (old-school epic 1.0 kind of quest) but makes your warrior much more able to kill the super-mega boss... tho he would still be hard.

I don't know if that would be in the form of bane damage, bane mitigation, flat out damage/mitigation... idk

These are extremely flawed thoughts, just throwing them out there. I just like the idea of an extremely hard T10 final boss... but that comes with a lot of baggage
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:46:42 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:14 pm »

I would also like to see T10 be a 3 or 4 zone tier, not just one zone done, boom. a variety of scenery. a dungeon component, an outdoor component.

+++ I like

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054