Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:54:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Fighter and Caster Guild Items be no drop?
YES
NO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: FG/CG Items No Drop?  (Read 44215 times)
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »

I must admit, I haven't done the CG or FG run in quite a while, but 33 hours on an Exe axe in a guild instance?  Wow.  I gotta say that sounds way outside the norm to me too.  That musta sucked bro.

The thing I find most intersting though is this one...

Begurgle (5 people in line, 2 who left, and still waited 15 hours

That kinda bears out what the majority are saying, that making things No Drop probably isn't going to help the issue much.  Bergurgle's Crown is No Drop and there's still that kinda line for it?   Shocked

At this point it looks academic.  The vote is nearly 2:1 against making them No Drop, and that's with a pretty good voter turn out.

I'll reiterate my suggestion of removing the PH's and the RNG from the loot tables.  The bottlenecks seem to form around the uncommon spawn, uncommon drop guys.  Make them a certain pop/certain drop and those lines should go down.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 11:33:30 pm »

Ya that definitely is an instance of very very very very bad luck. I did my own guild instance this weekend and only used it for about 14 hours. In this time i got the following

8 - SSOY (got 4 in a row)
5 - FBSS
6 - Exec Axe
5 - Mith 2 hander (stooped camping these because i hated running back to the camp)
7 - SMRs
7 - LBS

bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 04:25:48 am »

If we really want a way to prevent those long lines, how about a way to turn in ldon points for individual items for each quest. I know for a fact that I'd be willing to pay 1000 ldon points for 1 pair of KDs, I have horrible luck with that camp + I have limited play time, so camping them for 4+ hours is out of the question.

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
Kikinu

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »

Make everything nodrop, farming will inhibit others progression, I cannot afford an instance myself, the farmers probably can and it would be worthit for them to farm an instance there.   

people who dont need it shouldnt be looting it.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2010, 03:49:42 pm »

I just love blanket statements.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2010, 04:56:56 pm »

100k isn't that hard to come by.  Many of the cg/fg items are very easy to get and either sell or trade to get the cash for an instance or the items you need.

From one instance I got all the items I needed for 4 toons plus some extra for the ones we could turn in or give to alts to hold.  It wasn't a bad deal at all considering that buying the items for just one toon is well over 100k.
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2010, 11:43:32 am »

Some things should be hard to get, it give these items value.

I'm all for the lore option but I vote no on the no-drop items.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2010, 07:12:51 pm »

no drop means no trading kits. it would ruin the market lo

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2010, 07:48:54 pm »

I haven't read all the pages on this topic yet, but sounds like I might need to add the Public 1k/2k instances to some of the FG/CG camp zones. And if those zones also get full with line of people, then would just have to suck it up and pay 100kpp which is easy to get. This FG/CG quest line was created when our population peeked at 100-175 players. Already did some adjusting, and will probably do a bit more. Things should stay tradeable now, for the market to trade with each other, farming for alt toons, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2010, 10:01:49 pm »

The only thing I'd say, since nobody uses knuckle dusters as weapons and they don't need two of them, is to make those lore.  I think everything else that's potentially a long camp already is.  No real need to have jade reavers or fighting batons lore, they are so easy to get.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)