Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:23:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 90
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v2.0  (Read 586119 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

Leaderboards seem to be broke ... grr i mean can we get them back plz +p
Peign
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »

Leaderboards seem to be broke ... grr i mean can we get them back plz +p

Yes please
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2014, 05:50:15 pm »

They were disabled because of Magelo by Hate, when simply the Magelo portion can simply be disabled for now.

I plan on staging the upgrade for tonight, maybe I can get this re-enabled
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:00:05 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Peign
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »

They were disabled because of Magelo by Hate, when simply the Magelo portion can simply be disabled for now.

That would be awesome (if not a strain on the server)   LB makes it fun, something to strive for, some friendly competition. 

Thanks!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2014, 07:45:08 pm »

That and whipping out the ol' e-peen and stretching it out to compare lengths can sometimes hurt Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2014, 03:47:12 pm »

Mirror Key checker from 3 to 4 in ToFS is broken....tested it 12 times now will let 6 in then stops working for 3 - 5 mins then will let in antoher 6 pass thru kinda annoying...esp when they are holding keys in hand and its not eltting them thru
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:03 am »

Is that huge I/O problem from the Magelo function still an issue? I know you mentioned bringing it down until server optimization. Since that has occurred, are there plans on bringing it back up? Its a good tool to bring up your toons and update your gear spreadsheets.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2014, 11:22:29 am »

Is that huge I/O problem from the Magelo function still an issue? I know you mentioned bringing it down until server optimization. Since that has occurred, are there plans on bringing it back up? Its a good tool to bring up your toons and update your gear spreadsheets.

It is because of the software and how the Magelo actually queries the database.

This is partially an architectural issue in how we store the character data as well.

Whenever the character table is queried it also pulls a huge binary blob. This binary blob contains a decent amount of data and when the Magelo software improperly queries the table, it will pull the entire table worth of data which will burst our I/O read up to 2-3GB/s (Size of the character table alone).

While pulling an individual character and all of its inventory is not a big deal, this is a particular performance hit that I don't want hitting the production server.

There is some modifications that I can make to avoid this issue but it will take a few hours of my time to get the EZ server indexing character lookups another way and then in turn modify the Magelo code to do this.

Doing this is very realistic and not that hard for me, it just will take some time and will keep it lightweight.

Hopefully that answers your question.

EZ Server GM
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2014, 11:46:40 am »

I understand and concur with you on that. Maybe for the time being we can direct it to pull character data from the test server. While the data may be a few days old, it still gives us the usability that I was highlighting.

This is at the lower end of any priority of course.. and I also appreciate your looking into the fix.
Peign
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2014, 02:03:43 pm »

It appears that with the source update came more frequent stuns.   Usually this is not a major issue and adds a bit more challenge.   However, the run speed of mobs in some zones, specifically T6 and T7 is tuned to be the speed of the fastest travel item (perhaps bard speed).    That being said, we are getting stunned very often as we cannot create any separation from our pulled mobs. 

Would it be possible to either fix the stun issue in source (do not know root cause) and or tone down the run speed of the T6 and T7 mobs?     I'm not sure why the run speed of those mobs were turned way up. 

Danke
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2014, 07:05:56 pm »

Last two runs of t7 i've had to resort to running traps like a chicken with my head cut off to get epic stone 10s because of the sheer number of worgs that get caught under the world that spawn from traps.

I've had worgs spawned from traps under the world in the Eastern Mino caves, the stretch of land that runs above the eastern mino caves, and the side of the mountain SW from the ZI drop off.

Since you can't get a stone dropper via killing the 40 mobs if you spawn extras via traps (until you kill the extra spawns), having these suckers spawn under the world is maddening and forces you to either repop or just start going after the next type of mob.

Perhaps make it so stone droppers spawn like HG in t9 (after every 40 of each category of mob are killed) to counter the trap adds that spawn under the world and eff everything up?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »

Ponzi there is a guide to T7 on the forums. The trap mobs don't even help your kill counter. The kill counters are actually clear mob x40. For some it's just mob X x40. The others it is mob X + Y = 40. Go to this page and read up some.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3822.0
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2014, 08:13:19 pm »

Ponzi there is a guide to T7 on the forums. The trap mobs don't even help your kill counter. The kill counters are actually clear mob x40. For some it's just mob X x40. The others it is mob X + Y = 40. Go to this page and read up some.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3822.0

He is looking for the stonedroppers which spawn from traps and appear to be spawning underground.
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

I misread what he said. My bad.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2014, 11:14:31 pm »

Yeah, not my first rodeo, i'm runnin group 3 thru t7.

The key is, X+Y = 40 won't spawn a stone dropper if there are half a dozen trap-spawned worgs chillin' under the world Sad.

Also lol @ fugi's guide.. To this day the best title for a tier guide post, by far. Smiley had it bookmarked for months.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 90
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994