Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:07:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12/29/2014  (Read 12270 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 11:46:11 am »

I mean you can remove a file but I'm pretty positive there is a way to disable them without messing with files.

The blue.shows up in my naked client as well
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

its just like the effects from the Halloween event, no way to get rid of it from settings.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:43 pm »

Is there anyway to get rid of the blue aura from the XP buff?

when you are in first person you see the blue all over the screen in ROF

in UF that wasn't the case, you never saw it

There should be a setting for it

You also may be able to cast a race illusion if it behaves like a nimbus to get it to leave you.

The cast illusion will work, as a temporary remove

Had a bit of a play, and found one way to remove totally, although I don't know if it will cause any other issue, so test / try at own risk =)
I am running from now, to see if any issue arise

Go into the ActorEffects and SpellEffects folders
Rename the file "blueglobesp501.dds" to something else, DONT DELETE IT, just in case

Load EQ, blue glow gone...  (tested of UF, and RoF)

Enjoy

Red

aye, that worked, thanks homie

Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 11:43:22 am »

I will check out the remove nimbus effect stuff to make sure it is working correctly.  To be clear; is this effect something that only shows up briefly on older clients and then clears, but does not clear on the RoF2 client?  Or, is the issue that the effect stays on you on all clients, but for some reason it is actually visible when playing in 1st person on RoF2 client?  If that is the case, it sounds like it could be something weird with how the client is handling the effects.  I will do some tests and see if I can resolve it.  Would help to know which nimbus effect ID it is that you guys are reporting as a blue spell effect (more of a question for the EZ devs).
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »

On UF client the blue haze when you cast certain buffs (I notice it primarily when I cast exp buff) stayed....where you cast it. Wander and you'd see it, and no settings cleared it for me (even showed on my stick figure client). On the RoF2 client the effect stays, but for me it only stays on the caster. Since I only play first person, thats the only place I notice it. Will check to see if I see it in 3rd.

Hope that was what you were asking for.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »

The exp buff seemed to be using a nimbus-like particle effect that never faded.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 12:41:02 pm »

The exp buff seemed to be using a nimbus-like particle effect that never faded.

-Hate

Many of the nimbus effects don't fade.  It is possible that they changed whatever effect you are using on the spell (or script) to be a permanent one instead of temporary like normal spell effects.  If that is the case, I would suggest either changing the effect, or maybe adding a script to stop the nimbus effect shortly after it is cast.  I would have to do testing to be sure of exactly what is going on though.  Again, if you know the actual effect value for the visual, that would help a lot.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)