Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:36:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hate Generation - Anger Augs vs 3.0 Clicky  (Read 7640 times)
Zaknefein

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:54:36 am »

I was curious what the consensus was regarding these two items for hate generation. I'm at work so I don't have the specifics on the amount of hate generation, but I believe it's something like this:

Anger IV: 125000 Hate
3.0 Clicky (Does 3.5 have Stonewall or hate?): 250000 Hate

So I was thinking, why not replace the Angers with Strike augs. I'll grab a 3.0 and keep it in my inventory and have a macro run to click it while I'm fighting. Since there's no cast time or cooldown, I think this would generate more agro than the Anger augs if run in a looping macro. I haven't tried this out yet so I was wondering what people's opinions were on this.

Regards,
Zak
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:58:12 am »

You can generate tons of threat spamming either, the trade off is the ability to move around other boxes.

If you are using Angers, you will generate a fair amount of unattended threat. If you use strikes, you will generate more dps but need to be more active on tank. Come down to how much time can you afford to divert to your tank?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Zaknefein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:34:57 am »

I can create a macro to spam the click threat on whoever I'm targeting. Since there is no delay on the click it should create a ton of threat quickly. The warrior is my main box, but at least I won't have to spend time right clicking or pressing a button multiple times. This would free up aug slots for IS or AngerV which do more damage than AngerIV.

I also use MQ2 and stick macros from my main to position them directly behind my target, so there is little adjusting I need to do when boxing.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:43:33 am »

The threat value does have a maximum value. Once you break this point, the threat "rolls over". In example, you generate 4,999,950 threat. You hit 125k click again. Assume the (arbitrary, for example only) cap is 5mil. You break the 5mil cap, it resets, and now your tank's threat value is only 124,950. This is likely MUCH less than the rest of your group. Spamming will eventually get you back up to par, but unlikely fast enough before you lose at least one member of your group.

This won't happen unless you are generating huge amounts of threat (angers + spam clicking staff) and/or if the fight lasts too long. Before the threat generation values were drastically cut down, this was a much more prevalent in high durability/low dps groups.

Bit long winded, but I hope it makes sense.

-Hate

Zaknefein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:53 am »

Thanks. That makes sense. Is 5 million the threat cap? That would mean 40 clicks of the 3.0 would make me roll over. I could set a delay on the macro to loop and increase threat in 500k increments every 30 seconds or so - gotta play with the delay based on group dynamics, but I think it would work?

I can also have a panic button to increase by 1.5 mill if something strange happens.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:10:49 pm »

No. The 5mil was an example number (as mentioned in the post). From what I can see from the current trunk of code, it looks to be int32. The max value there is 2,147,483,647 or so (assuming so modifiers come in somewhere). I am tempted to retract my earlier statement as it is unlikely to be easily obtainable at first, but then I remember how long some fights can last with low DPS groups.

It's really going to be a trial and error thing. Before the changes, sceptre was ~500k and angers/knight-aoe were 250k per hit. Somewhere along the lines, gear/stats/AAXP/etc modifiers will send those values a good bit higher.

-Hate

Zaknefein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »

If it's that high then I can set the macro run until 50 million threat has been reached and then increase by 5 million every so often. I have a feeling this method will allow me to get the most DPS possible out of my warrior once I get IS aug ranks up.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 01:11:57 pm »

You will get a little bit more dps but nothing to jump up and down about. I would also keep at least 1 if not more anger 5 augs, (even though they generate no added anger beyond just damage anger) as you want to be able to attract those adds to your warrior. Using anger augs for hate when you start getting around the 30 second mark is when I saw hate roll over.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:52 pm »

around the 30 second mark is when I saw hate roll over.

Did you give him the treat when he completed the roll over or did you make him play dead first?

=D
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:39 pm »

around the 30 second mark is when I saw hate roll over.

Did you give him the treat when he completed the roll over or did you make him play dead first?

=D

Neither, we gave him a corn cob, grabbed a cam and uploaded it to piratesbay.org

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:21:13 pm »

I wouldn't even consider that macro. Just put anger 5 in all your aug slots. I have never had an issue with threat.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:33:42 pm »

Eww, if I don't have a few anger 4's I have to do some clicking to get hate over my monks and pally's.

Zaknefein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 06:50:00 am »

Thanks for all the good info! I'm using 2 IV and 1 V in my 4.0 epics. I'll stick with the augs for now and play around with the # of 4s and 5s I have to see if I can hold agro vs my friend's monk who has 4.5s and NS7.

I'm curious if anyone knows how much DMG Ice Strike does at rank 5 compared to anger 5?

Regards,
Zak
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988