Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:55:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: UW : 1h or 2h?  (Read 13597 times)
Abattoir

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2015, 10:44:49 am »

I'm seeing a pretty high % of 1 hander UWs on warriors standing around in Nexus.  I was under the impression that 2h is the way to go.  Can anyone explain pros / cons?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »

With 1h and tier skin you gain some hps, lose some AC....lose a ton of dps. You also get slots in the offhand for things like nerds, IS augs, 3.0 aug for pulling. I use 2h, and the offhander I used to use with the 3.0 aug clicks from my bag (go go gadget RoF2 client!).

Honestly, if I were to go back to 1h it would only be to use the mace for the heals.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 06:14:28 pm »

i used 1h becouse i can use the T8 offhand whis parry ! Warrior didnt need to make alot of dmg better to avoid then can take same more XD

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:21:59 pm »

Yes, but after rank 8, from 9 and up, the dps from the 2h is truly obscene. I have T9 zerk with UC3 and FSXI, monk with 2 NSXI and UC3 and they do about half the dps Chunka with UC3 and UW 2h rank X does. Drop to a 1h, even the longsword, and Chunka does less than half the DPS. And honestly I see zero diff defensively between UW longsword and T8 parry sword and UW Zweihander. The only better defenses with a UW would be mace.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 09:49:35 pm »

You're making me want to log in with this talk of 2 hand UW  Tongue Someone post a pic I wanna seeeee
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 07:12:59 am »

i have noticed a small drop off from uw8 1h and parry sword.

But the uw 2h is just amazing after 9.

http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Warrior

Has a 2h version there.  I'm kinda meh about the graphic. 
Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 07:37:00 am »

I use the 1hs still because I think the 2hs graphic is lame.
Abattoir

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 11:05:25 am »

So Grogan was telling me that you can change out the 1h for 2h and vice versa at any time.  How does this work?
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 11:40:59 am »

I use the 1hs still because I think the 2hs graphic is lame.

I agree. I'm tempted to use the 1hs solely for the graphic the 2hs is so lame.

I wish the 2hs looked like the 1hs, just a lot bigger.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 12:17:43 pm »

I always liked axe graphics personally.  Would be neat if you could get illusions for items.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »

the UW 2hs graphic is one of the best on server, sure it's a lance but still by far the best looking weapon. Only other that could compete to replace would be the 2HS axe version that comes out of the same tier line from UF raids.
Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 12:45:06 pm »

I wish I could turn my UW 1h into a 2h.
Tereg

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 03:08:10 pm »

I wish I could turn my UW 1h into a 2h.

you can Madthrok....just hand the essence trader your "UNAUGED" uw and he will cycle through the uw's.  Just keep doing it till you get the one you want.  FYI it's the same level as the one you have already.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »

Yes, but after rank 8, from 9 and up, the dps from the 2h is truly obscene. I have T9 zerk with UC3 and FSXI, monk with 2 NSXI and UC3 and they do about half the dps Chunka with UC3 and UW 2h rank X does. Drop to a 1h, even the longsword, and Chunka does less than half the DPS. And honestly I see zero diff defensively between UW longsword and T8 parry sword and UW Zweihander. The only better defenses with a UW would be mace.
I tried the mace, seemed underwhelming to me

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 07:46:38 pm »

The mace heal is substantial. Survivability skyrockets, but dps drops a lot.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190