Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:33:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Jail Suggestions  (Read 11983 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2014, 06:51:46 am »

I brought it up last night a bit in ooc.

If possible I think it should be changed to a "ticket" system, with larger and larger penalities when you exceed it.

Then with that system, if you train without paying your fine you could go to jail, possibly increased duration.

I suggest this, because sometimes it's just fun to see what you can do.  Like now that I am t6 geared, I'd be curious how much I could pull in HoH, mostly for shits and giggles.  Can't do it anymore, but under this system I could do it once pay a fine and move on.  I don't know, part of the fun of gearing up is seeing what you can get away with in older zones, at least for me.

My 2nd point would be to raise the cap to either 55 or 60.  Right now, with a hardcap of 50, the effective playstyle cap is really around 40,.  It's what people are advising in ooc to pull, because if you accidentally hit 51 you are done for.  If your goal was max trains of 50, a hardcap of 55 or 60 would accomplish that.  Sure some might push it a bit, but I think then you would have an effective cap of 50 in playstyle changes.

Also might want to adjust public ToFS to be 20 or 25, because again a hardcap of 10 really means an effective cap of like 7 and that's hard to do in many parts of ToFS, and new players can't make the 600k for the instance cost all the time.

And if there were chronic offenders, you could hand out penalties.

Just my 2 cents,
Dinadas
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:53:27 pm »

How about something like a 1-2 strike per hour rule. Have it reset at some random time instead of the top of the hour so people cant abuse it so much. I'm sure somtimes you like to test and see what your capiable of on occasion. I know when im pulling sometimes i get stunned into a large group of mob that can send me over my limit as well.
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:01:16 pm »

My 2nd point would be to raise the cap to either 55 or 60.  Right now, with a hardcap of 50, the effective playstyle cap is really around 40,.  It's what people are advising in ooc to pull, because if you accidentally hit 51 you are done for.  If your goal was max trains of 50, a hardcap of 55 or 60 would accomplish that.  Sure some might push it a bit, but I think then you would have an effective cap of 50 in playstyle changes.

Think this is something worth looking at, to help people trying to pull Max mobs without jail.
Maybe a warning at 40 mobs and jail at 51-53
Hopefully when you get a 40 warning,you will probably have close to 50
Still won't catch every pull, but may help.
Only reason is, that as pointed out, it only checks once a minute (correct me if I'm wrong)
To stop lag / DB hits
Very easy to go over without the warning, as I and a few have noticed, you only see the warning when in jail (52) in my case.

Anyway just a thought to consider .

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:03:37 pm »

I could give warnings, but that would spam and lag the server.

Although someone could technically make a big train and kill it, nobody knows how much time is left until that next 60 second check, so eventually would get caught and not worth it.

You know what your doing, push the limits and take a risk. Wouldn't have to put this system in if people knew how to follow the rules in the first place.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:40:09 pm »

Fair enough =)
Don't want to cause lag issues, just trying to think of way to help

We will all have to gauge carefully  )

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »

Putting a cap of 10 on public instances is fine, it is a clearly stated rule. I don't see how in private instances you should be capped. If you can handle the mob load then handle it. You're not putting anyone at risk but yourself and your army.

Or if not that,  how about a reward item that agros the 49 mobs closest to you and nothing else. Lol.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »

I do agree, with double loot no longer going on I believe jail for instanced zones should be whatever load you can handle ; only reason I say this is because the population during dbl loot is about 500? During regular play times without it you see maybe 250 ~ the server picks up almost zero lag and instance pulling at that point wouldn't cause any lag unless you pull more then your computer can handle for lag , which is personal lag , not server side per say. If it stays understandable but I think with double loot being off you should consider the idea of taking the jail route off for instanced zones
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:44:20 pm »

Let me start by saying I absolutely hate the new anti train coding. Hate it.

But....I understand the need. It was put in place to reduce lag, and whether you are in an instance or not, hitting the server/database with 100+ mob deaths in one spot inside of a few seconds will lag the thing to hell. This is part of the reason why LDON used to be so laggy, and why HoH often is.....and, I think, why T6 is often that way.

The big question in my mind is whether or not the added lag caused by the anti train code will be less than the lag from the mass kills. Hopefully. So far I'm seeing mixed results....but I know how Hunter and Hate are able to tweak things so eventually there is improvement.

On a side note.....this is definitely a change in policy. Hunter had stated before that you could pretty much pull what you wanted in your own instance. But things change here with need. We can deal with it.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:52:40 pm »

Trains are not allowed over the 10 pub / 50 instance

I think that this is unlikely to change....Hunter has never varied from it..

This is a server that is based around you killing content that can not kill you endlessly ...clearing zones that you can kill all at once...hundred's of times to get the items you need...be them essence, armor, spells, flags or aa.. So people are going to want to pull as many as they can to clear faster .....that is it.... the limit is 10/50

All of this is true....

So.... now what?

This is a dead topic lets just focus on things that can be Fixed and leave this pile of poo alone... I am sure that the people who put all the work in to make this server available to us do not want to repeat themselves for the 100000th time ...

On a side note I don't think that people who occasionally over pull should be fined or punished much beyond the current policy of 5 min time out.... get jailed 5 or 6 times in a couple of days and you might be needing a sterner treatment but..the casual part time over puller is not someone who is looking to cause problems and punishment will not cure them other than adding stress to normal play.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 04:59:51 pm »

Trains are not allowed over the 10 pub / 50 instance

Someone actually mentioned to him to update that rule with the implementation of the jail. It did in fact used to be as long as you were instanced your pull was fine. Not to say I'm arguing against the cap cause I think the cap is fine to reduce lag.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »

Was actually 10 train limit in all zones, but I sort of over looked instances trains cause it didn't bother other players.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 06:56:27 am »

There is already a log of infractions with possible dates I assume.

What about incentivizing good behavior.

For every day or 2 of not going to jail, your train cap goes up 5 mobs
to a new hardcap of 75 after 5 or 10 days of good behavior. Add this to the /stats window.

For every train infraction you lose 5 mobs from your train total until a low of 25 mobs.  Possible jail time out or maybe a succor to zone and your new harsher cap.

For infraction above 75 sends you straight to 50 cap.

Could be excluded or modified for public your call.

Then when people whine about a cap of 50, just say follow the rules for a few days and your cap goes up.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 09:27:30 am »

The reward for not going to jail is continuing to player. That should be enough.

Keeze
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:09 am »

eh, You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 12:24:32 pm »

I believe originally the rule was no more than 10 in custom zones....and Hunter had stated on the forums and in ooc that as long as you were in an instance mass pulling was fine.

But things change. Here they change a ton. If you're gonna play here, need to be flexible, because the rules and the setup of the server can and will do a complete 180 on you without any warning whatsoever. So....dont get married to any one feature of EZ, and read the forums OFTEN to avoid trouble....and hope that either Hate or Hunter have posted the changes before you step into the shit Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 186
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)