Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:39:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Jail Suggestions  (Read 11924 times)
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 02:54:43 pm »

The Limit on pulls is not a new "punishment", its a means to deal with server lag.

When i first started populations of 120-190 were common for average play times and 300-350 for  peak and we saw 400-450 on dbl loot and at those numbers the game was Unplayable.

I am seeing player numbers in the 400+ quite regulare now it seems and the game is still playable.

Some things change out of need and for good reasons with good results. Sure everyone would like to pull by the hundreds when Back farming for essecenes or kills credits, but its pointless to be able to pull 100 a pop when im desyncing all the time and half my toons are crashing because everyone else in mass pulling too. The New train rules smooth things out..
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 06:13:06 am »

I am seeing player numbers in the 400+ quite regulare now it seems and the game is still playable.

400+ is not a regular now, it's 250-300 almost always , certain days peak differently but rarely do you see 400 outside of double loot unless something is going on or just a peak hour
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 10:58:45 am »

The Limit on pulls is not a new "punishment", its a means to deal with server lag.

When i first started populations of 120-190 were common for average play times and 300-350 for  peak and we saw 400-450 on dbl loot and at those numbers the game was Unplayable.

Some things change out of need and for good reasons with good results. Sure everyone would like to pull by the hundreds when Back farming for essecenes or kills credits, but its pointless to be able to pull 100 a pop when im desyncing all the time and half my toons are crashing because everyone else in mass pulling too. The New train rules smooth things out..

I havent personally desynyd from non zone server side lag since OOM was fixed in anguish. My guess is you have client side issues loot at the sticky section on how to fix this
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »

400+ is not a regular now, it's 250-300 almost always , certain days peak differently but rarely do you see 400 outside of double loot unless something is going on or just a peak hour

Hmm, must just be when im loggin in, seem to have seen alot more then 300 or more  latley..
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 01:40:07 pm »

I havent personally desynyd from non zone server side lag since OOM was fixed in anguish. My guess is you have client side issues loot at the sticky section on how to fix this

Since the train code went in i have had no isues with synce or lag and i have changed nothing on my end. so i guess i attributed my lack of issues to this. If it was not, Guess i was just "lucky" cause this is the first double loot that i had zero issues with lag.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 01:43:07 pm »

Let me start by saying I absolutely hate the new anti train coding. Hate it.

But....I understand the need. It was put in place to reduce lag, and whether you are in an instance or not, hitting the server/database with 100+ mob deaths in one spot inside of a few seconds will lag the thing to hell. This is part of the reason why LDON used to be so laggy, and why HoH often is.....and, I think, why T6 is often that way.

The big question in my mind is whether or not the added lag caused by the anti train code will be less than the lag from the mass kills. Hopefully. So far I'm seeing mixed results....but I know how Hunter and Hate are able to tweak things so eventually there is improvement.

On a side note.....this is definitely a change in policy. Hunter had stated before that you could pretty much pull what you wanted in your own instance. But things change here with need. We can deal with it.

Minor Note: The anti train code was live for 1 week before Hunter announced it. The anti-bot code was live for 2 weeks before Hunter announced it.

Part of the issue is that we need a slightly stronger base connection. This is something that I've been harassing Hunter about weekly. Once he gets back to the states, the is a possibility that this will be resolved. EZ used to be able to safely host for 600+ daily.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 02:04:43 pm »

I have some major issues with mob hp taking forever to update in certain zones.  I've seen it in T6 solo, T7 with one other guildie's group in zone, T8 I see it consistently when running 6 through and when running 12 through a clear.  I can sit in T9 all day and have zero issues but as soon as I hit T8 the lag gets really bad but not to the point of wiping, but when mob hp takes forever to update it increases clear times considerably.  I only started having these issues after the announcement for the new NSA code was made, but that could easily be attributed to somewhat limited playtime over the given timeframe.

red2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 11:27:53 pm »

we all know he want his NSA crap going. FINE. we know the server is at a friends house, with limited bandwidth. Fine, such is life. here is what i know. before Christmas DBL lootfest started, i could clear t6 in20-30 minutes, without breaking a sweat, and not pulling more than 50 at a time. now, it is soooo laggy, i desync so much, took me almost 2 hours to clear. i have just been avoiding it for now. it was almost faster for me to just solo, and kill 1 mob at a time. this is not an option for people going through it for the first few times. i don't want to hear about it is something on my end. it was fine before Christmas, and nothing on my end has changes, except i have added filters, and reduced graphics quality.

So here is hoping once he gets back to the states, he gets it hooked up to Fios or something so we all have more bandwidth to play with.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 11:34:51 pm »

I have some major issues with mob hp taking forever to update in certain zones.  I've seen it in T6 solo, T7 with one other guildie's group in zone, T8 I see it consistently when running 6 through and when running 12 through a clear.  I can sit in T9 all day and have zero issues but as soon as I hit T8 the lag gets really bad but not to the point of wiping, but when mob hp takes forever to update it increases clear times considerably.  I only started having these issues after the announcement for the new NSA code was made, but that could easily be attributed to somewhat limited playtime over the given timeframe.

+1 the lag is pretty horrible
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 01:49:03 am »

I've offered to setup hosting for him so he would not have to worry about bandwidth issues at all.

EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 02:37:46 am »

Anti train code checks the size of your train once every 60 seconds via server side value, shouldn't be lagging anything.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 07:25:57 am »

it is horrible i pull my train get about 45s into killin then its like like i desycn but i dont. I dont have this issue in any other zone really. Maybe a corrupt file on serverside ? its not like 20 people havent complained about this already.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64991
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 207