Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:50:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Epic Effects Revision Thread  (Read 19354 times)
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 07:22:26 pm »

If you really wanted to change cleric click, could bring back the 2.0 click (divine arb, small group heal, cure and threat reduction).  Was always a defining ability on live
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 06:06:26 am »

Currently i am happy with the cleric epic click heal, with my pally and cleric firing off there epics, it's saved my butt countless times during my oh $#!^ moments.  If the heal click is taken away all clerics have left is the word of vivication group heal from level 69, which is 12k group heal, and with uc's V1 or V2 is nice but nothing like the 50k on the cleric 6.0.  Perhaps if the epic click heal were to be removed then we could see more appropriate level group heal spells implemented also?  If these spells are added then it would be nice to have the cleric epic do a combat proc hp buff with small mitigation boost, or divine arbitration returned and or things like marxist suggested.
If you really wanted to change cleric click, could bring back the 2.0 click (divine arb, small group heal, cure and threat reduction).  Was always a defining ability on live

I would also like to see the shaman epic click hp have the wunshi over the stat limit added, as you currently can't have the wunshi focus and shaman epic hp buff up at the same time.  Perhaps the the wunshi effect could be scaled by epic level also, like 2.5 roughly equal to the level 70 wunshi focus, and go up from there. I don't play my shaman much so if this is already the case just disregard.

New pally epics rock! great job there.

The monk epic could maybe be traded for small group melee increase, like extra crits, crit damage and flurry and such if your looking to remove the proc self cure from it, other wise it seems fine to me.

only suggestion for pet class epics is a faster cast time for the pets, but other than that you guys have done good work beefing the pets up with other things implemented recently. However, i still don't play pet classes enough to know much about them.

Bard epics are fine imo i click them when they refresh constantly, usually large pulls or namer mobs.

rogue epics seem fine as well although, i have seen talk that there BS numbers are messed up, like roll over damage?  i really don't know i rarely parse anything i just go by what i see.  I know its a bit lazy but that's my play style, i'm not huge into the numbers.

Zerkers are fine like you said.

I like the fact the warrior epics are the same one handed and two handed makes it less of a grind in the early game for those new and coming up.

Any other class i don't play enough of to really know.  Great job with all the recent updates, keep up the good work!!
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 06:38:04 am »

I think bards are in a pretty good position right now but i just wanted to throw out an idea out there that's been on my mind a bit lately.

Is there a way to increase song duration by like 2-3 seconds through a focus effect or whatever else? that would allow a bard to twist in 1 extra song for each ~3 seconds added to duration. Just seems like something nice people can look forward to outside of typical damage/hp upgrades on the epics.

loving the changes so far Smiley
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 04:24:55 pm »

+1 if the heal was upped on the 2.0 it would actually be more useful than the current click.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:25 pm »

How are T8+ mages doing with epic/new pet stuff/ornate and a high end spell necklace?  good?  still need work?  Would love to take him off the bench (been on it since T6)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:22 pm »

Bumping this as it will become relevant soon.

Please please please post feedback on this.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 01:43:49 am »

Been awhile since I played, but I seem to remember Mage pet, and I assume other pets as well, falling from grace the bigger and badder they were suppose to be. By the time they were T6 or T7 damage was not noticeable.  
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 03:23:27 am »

Added epic resists to pet gear and pets in general helped them survive, and the mana neck changes made them viable(ish) dps again. My mage is a nice add to my group....for now. Pet classes atm imo are pretty solid, with the possible exception of BST. Bst epic pet is meh damage, meh hps, just meh. Only thing that makes bsts ok in group is UC+ and NS augs. But....I think that when you get a BST NS aug'd with UC and add pet to that their dps is pretty respectable. I like the idea of a kraken proc on their epic to bump them up in group desirability.

Will read and post more when I am more awake.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Medic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 03:58:29 am »

I will only comment on the 6 toons I play

Enchanter
Is Charm so broken or explotable that we cannot have it in the game?  I recall there might have been an issue with it way back when.

I woud love  to see this be viable on their Epic with the duration of the charm effect being dependent on level of Epic,

If that isn't possible, maybe a group Rune spell?

Monk
Since they offer little to no group utility can we add some kind of Group DPS boost to their click via either a resistance lowering effect or via significantly increasing the likelihood of tripping off dual weild and double attack effects for the group.

Cleric

I like the group heal proc and would not change it

Rogue, Warrior, Paladin

I like where they are at.

Krunkley, Gimble and Co.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 08:48:07 am »

Could modify the monk ability fists of wu to add another component since its shared per group. Something like a repostle mod or dd effect.

Druid. Plz get rid of that click. How about an 18 sec group buff of regen / HP / mana and frosty feelings?

Rogues. I don't really use the click cuz its a pita. A temp. Buff of DMG mod would make me click that more..

I dunno.

Keeze
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 09:31:50 am »

Maybe all priests could get some sort of dps boost, the buffs as is are kinda of moot.

Maybe cleric click gives group a low level smite proc (18seconds up 45  CD) Maybe amplified on undead, and maybe a future zone could have undead in it.

Maybe druid click is some uber regen / ds (30seconds up 40 CD) still buff ish, maybe goes in song window

Shaman click could be group attack/over stat limit/poison proc(30 up 50 CD)

Just an idea, the shaman buff doesn't really do anything for me at 6.0.

Along with epics maybe augs could be revisited to not balloon at tier 7

Possibly more linear growth

First few the same to not punish new people

But maybe add in an extra metal, SLS, or essence as they grow, and only have 1 slot on all the epics.

Disperse the balloon at the end, and potentially give breaking in players a little more boost.

Same total cost just spread out.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 09:59:55 am »

Less plat spent would make me a happy fella. So like maybe add platinum blue diamonds as a random drop or reward for kill quests. 500 kills in zone x gives you the reward. Even SLS as a random drop on bosses?

Keeze
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:34 am »

i like the idea that SLS are random drops from bosses how about

Tacvi 1-5% per boss
T1 5-8%
T2-8-10 %
T3 10-12%
T4 12-15%
T5 15-20%
T6 - T9 20- 25%

and for lower farmers are Jaggedpine and Karana

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 10:43:12 am »

i like the idea that SLS are random drops from bosses how about

Tacvi 1-5% per boss
T1 5-8%
T2-8-10 %
T3 10-12%
T4 12-15%
T5 15-20%
T6 - T9 20- 25%

and for lower farmers are Jaggedpine and Karana
Less plat spent would make me a happy fella. So like maybe add platinum blue diamonds as a random drop or reward for kill quests. 500 kills in zone x gives you the reward. Even SLS as a random drop on bosses?
But maybe add in an extra metal, SLS, or essence as they grow, and only have 1 slot on all the epics.

Disperse the balloon at the end, and potentially give breaking in players a little more boost.

Same total cost just spread out.

Not to single you three out, but this has nothing to do with the epic effects. Not referring to augs or progression, but the actual effects (click/worn/focus) on the class epic weapons. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 10:47:39 am »

Would rather have those % chances of a new plat bag 200 or 250k

It's the same as the value of a SLS but wouldn't tank the market by dramatically increasing the supply and tanking the market.

RE to Hate's post, i only posted about the augs because would a good time to consolidate them at the same time as the other changes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 207