Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:09:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Epic Effects Revision Thread  (Read 19356 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 10:54:18 am »

Sorry hate. I hijacked it. *kisses*

Keeze
Ashlierayne

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 11:08:21 am »

Can we do something with the ranger epics? I have all 3 4.0s on mine and Well.. tbh I never use the bow, Which is sad cause the epic arrow 2 is pretty nice. She quads for 4k+ each hit crits 12k+ with swords.. 3k avg damage on bow once in a blue moon with max AAs does she get a double damage, triple attack.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:21 am »

Would rather have those % chances of a new plat bag 200 or 250k

It's the same as the value of a SLS but wouldn't tank the market by dramatically increasing the supply and tanking the market.

RE to Hate's post, i only posted about the augs because would a good time to consolidate them at the same time as the other changes.

I'm working on consistent plat gains throughout tiers today. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 11:36:11 am »

Sounds good Hate.  Have had no time to play, musical season.  Look forward to checking out server changes in a week or 2.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 11:45:39 am »

Enchanter
Is Charm so broken or explotable that we cannot have it in the game?  I recall there might have been an issue with it way back when.

I woud love  to see this be viable on their Epic with the duration of the charm effect being dependent on level of Epic,

If that isn't possible, maybe a group Rune spell?

Chanters right now are perhaps the biggest DPS add you can make to a group, once you consider VT, GoA, haste (caster haste for players, melee for pets), their own nukes and dots, wail of tash and their pet especially if the chanter has a mana neck. I'd say we should leave chanters as is....maybe management can find a way to make chanters dupe safe, but why bother? No real need for charm. Was limited use live anyway.

Monk
Since they offer little to no group utility can we add some kind of Group DPS boost to their click via either a resistance lowering effect or via significantly increasing the likelihood of tripping off dual weild and double attack effects for the group.

Fists of Wu disc increases double attack for the group. I use it all the time on my monk...but unsure whether or not is stacks with grudge or Huntmaster, which I also use as much as I can. We already have plenty of ways to increase double attack chance with shammy and ranger.

If I was to see anything added to monks it'd be what became a class defining ability for them live: their aura, which as I recall tremendously reduced chance that mobs would riposte on the group. HUGE help.....though with melee changes here unsure how deep of an impact it'd have here....but similar to what Keeze said. Perhaps added to Wu.

Cleric

I like the group heal proc and would not change it

Agree 100%! Clerics as they are in my opinion are amazing.

Rogue, Warrior, Paladin

I like where they are at.

Agreed, except rogue backstab is still really screwy. I sometimes get as much as 80% of the backstabs in the 300 hp damage range, just with 6.0 epic. I'd also say bard, zerk, cleric, SK epics all fine as is. See my previous post for ideas on bst epic.

Which brings me to rangers. I just now noticed that the click on the ranger blade is gone....which shows you just how much I used that Tongue I'm unsure what the new effect does exactly....looks like a damage mod? But....this wouldnt stack with UC, would it? If not, whats the point? Ranger epic could use a lil something, I think. Maybe a group jolt click? Dunno.

Oh, along those lines.....is it possible to make masked strength spell line group instead of single? Perhaps blocked by Irrational Irritation? Would be great!!

Maybe all priests could get some sort of dps boost, the buffs as is are kinda of moot.

The only priest with dps issues is cleric. Shammy adds a ton of dps to the group with grudge and kraken, and their dots could be better if mobs didnt die so fast. Maybe a better nuke. Also shammy should definitely drop a pet IMO....the dps on the pet isnt stellar, but it can add up with kraken, TB3, huntmaster 2, etc. I dont know that I'd necessarily increase cleric dps....but I wouldnt be adverse to seeing ideas. Oh, and I'd hardly call oak 3 moot Cheesy HP add from that spell is massive compared to any other buff. Along that same line, shammy hp buff is damned nice when oak 3 is added.....shammy buff adds to the scale up. But....I'll admit the epic buff needs more. Maybe make the stat increase go over cap....right now the stat increase is worthless unless its on a naked newbie. Maybe make the buff to stats over cap and add some attack.....would really make it a powerful add.

As for the druid epic....please dont change this. Druids already have amazing regen. Adding it back to the epic is a step back, not forward. Their click is decent dps add.....no idea why people dont like it. If its a matter of hitting yourself, there are 2 easy solutions: moveback in stick to put them at a distance, or do what I did and get druid resists to 1600+. Anyway, I'm getting 144K a tick non crit, 288K crit every round on my target, plus initial damage, with 6.0 epic. This in a heal class. I dont see why you'd remove that.....especially to add a spell that the class already has anyway. Druid are fine, please do not muck with them.

Chanter, necro, mage epic pets are all fine. MORE than fine....they're a ton better since the mana neck change. It'd be nice to get chanter pet DT back, though Cheesy.

Wiz epic IMO needs some work. I dont know what....but it I think it needs something extra. I like the idea of a short term, longish cooldown GoA type ability....but unsure what that'd do to balancing.

Will post more as I think on stuff.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 11:52:12 am »

Can we do something with the ranger epics? I have all 3 4.0s on mine and Well.. tbh I never use the bow, Which is sad cause the epic arrow 2 is pretty nice. She quads for 4k+ each hit crits 12k+ with swords.. 3k avg damage on bow once in a blue moon with max AAs does she get a double damage, triple attack.

My ranger melees, which atm is the best dps....but also clicks the bow all the time. Bow click works....ish. Word is it will be fixed completely eventually Cheesy But....still nice add to damage.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »

Enchanter
Is Charm so broken or explotable that we cannot have it in the game?  I recall there might have been an issue with it way back when.

I woud love  to see this be viable on their Epic with the duration of the charm effect being dependent on level of Epic,

If that isn't possible, maybe a group Rune spell?

Chanters right now are perhaps the biggest DPS add you can make to a group, once you consider VT, GoA, haste (caster haste for players, melee for pets), their own nukes and dots, wail of tash and their pet especially if the chanter has a mana neck. I'd say we should leave chanters as is....maybe management can find a way to make chanters dupe safe, but why bother? No real need for charm. Was limited use live anyway.

Monk
Since they offer little to no group utility can we add some kind of Group DPS boost to their click via either a resistance lowering effect or via significantly increasing the likelihood of tripping off dual weild and double attack effects for the group.

Fists of Wu disc increases double attack for the group. I use it all the time on my monk...but unsure whether or not is stacks with grudge or Huntmaster, which I also use as much as I can. We already have plenty of ways to increase double attack chance with shammy and ranger.

If I was to see anything added to monks it'd be what became a class defining ability for them live: their aura, which as I recall tremendously reduced chance that mobs would riposte on the group. HUGE help.....though with melee changes here unsure how deep of an impact it'd have here....but similar to what Keeze said. Perhaps added to Wu.

Cleric

I like the group heal proc and would not change it

Agree 100%! Clerics as they are in my opinion are amazing.

Rogue, Warrior, Paladin

I like where they are at.

Agreed, except rogue backstab is still really screwy. I sometimes get as much as 80% of the backstabs in the 300 hp damage range, just with 6.0 epic. I'd also say bard, zerk, cleric, SK epics all fine as is. See my previous post for ideas on bst epic.

Which brings me to rangers. I just now noticed that the click on the ranger blade is gone....which shows you just how much I used that Tongue I'm unsure what the new effect does exactly....looks like a damage mod? But....this wouldnt stack with UC, would it? If not, whats the point? Ranger epic could use a lil something, I think. Maybe a group jolt click? Dunno.

Oh, along those lines.....is it possible to make masked strength spell line group instead of single? Perhaps blocked by Irrational Irritation? Would be great!!

Maybe all priests could get some sort of dps boost, the buffs as is are kinda of moot.

The only priest with dps issues is cleric. Shammy adds a ton of dps to the group with grudge and kraken, and their dots could be better if mobs didnt die so fast. Maybe a better nuke. Also shammy should definitely drop a pet IMO....the dps on the pet isnt stellar, but it can add up with kraken, TB3, huntmaster 2, etc. I dont know that I'd necessarily increase cleric dps....but I wouldnt be adverse to seeing ideas. Oh, and I'd hardly call oak 3 moot Cheesy HP add from that spell is massive compared to any other buff. Along that same line, shammy hp buff is damned nice when oak 3 is added.....shammy buff adds to the scale up. But....I'll admit the epic buff needs more. Maybe make the stat increase go over cap....right now the stat increase is worthless unless its on a naked newbie. Maybe make the buff to stats over cap and add some attack.....would really make it a powerful add.

As for the druid epic....please dont change this. Druids already have amazing regen. Adding it back to the epic is a step back, not forward. Their click is decent dps add.....no idea why people dont like it. If its a matter of hitting yourself, there are 2 easy solutions: moveback in stick to put them at a distance, or do what I did and get druid resists to 1600+. Anyway, I'm getting 144K a tick non crit, 288K crit every round on my target, plus initial damage, with 6.0 epic. This in a heal class. I dont see why you'd remove that.....especially to add a spell that the class already has anyway. Druid are fine, please do not muck with them.

Chanter, necro, mage epic pets are all fine. MORE than fine....they're a ton better since the mana neck change. It'd be nice to get chanter pet DT back, though Cheesy.

Wiz epic IMO needs some work. I dont know what....but it I think it needs something extra. I like the idea of a short term, longish cooldown GoA type ability....but unsure what that'd do to balancing.

Will post more as I think on stuff.

I like the group jolt clicky on rangers, that is a cool idea

I still don't have oak 3 yet Chunka Tongue
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »

Maybe add a very low IS/NS proc to early epic melee weapons such as monk.  I remember them being pretty useless until augged..  and when peeps are in T2-T5ish, most of their chars won't be augged out.  When I was farming T4 for the first time, for example, my monk did more damage than the rest of my group combined, because he was the only character with a decent ninja aug. 
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 05:22:58 am »

mage epic pets are all fine. MORE than fine....they're a ton better since the mana neck change.

I have a mage that I never use because the dps is so low.  How are mage pets better (dps wise) with mana neck? I would love to see maxxed epic pets being comparable in dps to melee classes...maybe having mana neck giving pets the comparable ninja strike proc...but not the ninja strike proc (since that is melee) ya know something x caster pet proc........but only with the neck that way peeps cant roll pet classes to counter the expense of melee classes....but that way I could unshelf my mage....and then maybe pet classes could be a more viable option again (post T5)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
vpisu

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 05:34:09 am »

I agree with the kraken-type Bst buff, maybe self/pet until 4.0, group after, just something should change.  I dont have much experience with any of the other classes, im happy with my war/pally/bard/rog/zerkers for the most part
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 09:07:51 am »

How are mage pets better (dps wise) with mana neck? I would love to see maxxed epic pets being comparable in dps to melee classes...maybe having mana neck giving pets the comparable ninja strike proc...but not the ninja strike proc (since that is melee) ya know something x caster pet proc........

With mana neck on, when pet classes cast offensive spells it can proc a buff on the pet that pretty much is Ninjastrike at the same level as the mana neck. No damage bonuses from UC, but it adds to dps....substantially.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64991
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 207