Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:08:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Regen and agro-rollover in Temple of Veeshan  (Read 12178 times)
Danish

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »

Just a minor observation...

There has, for as long as T8 has been open - been a bit of an issue with agro rollover. If you wield a beefed out 6 man group, somewhat balanced, in my case its a Tank(war), Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Monk, Bard - its simply impossible to keep agro from rolling over with the new regen on dragons/bosses.

Before the regen was changed, I was able to keep it form happening with Masked Strenght III - but I still think it was a bit anoying, having to get the ENC T8 enabled, only to cast 2 buffs and log off again.

I've been somewhat vocal about this in ooc even before the regen change, since in my optics it should be a somewhat easy fix (lower hp regen, HP, make ninjaPROC buyable or atleast farmable in other places the OT). Even if I were to use ninjaish items, the problem would still persist, since the tank loses agro 100% form one second to another, and dragons eat dps chars in fractions of a second even with SW pet and whatnot.

If this is working as intended, and agro-rollover is simply a part of the "FREE game" as Empti put it, I'd just like it confirmed, so that my wrongful perception on the issue can be corrected :-)

But I hope that something can be done, as of now I am still able to clear the place, its just blows having to mass ress the DPS'ers between each boss.

On a side note, I'd just like to express my deep gratitude for all the work that have been and is being done under the new administration - I really enjoy playing on the server, and the above issue is the only one I have/have had pretty much my entire stay here. Other than T5, that place still suck!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

Thanks Danish for your post.

Hate has been enjoying some off time, but when he has a moment he will be able to respond in regards to the regen changes.

EZ Server GM
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 02:11:58 pm »

I haven't done t8 yet this week, but I'll give it a shot soon. The way I had been dealing with it was by using masked strength, a shoulder Aug, and ice strike x rather than nerds VI in my offhand. But like I said, haven't run the place since the regen add, although I've been working on adding more single target to my roster to help with the new regen.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:52 am »

When I do T8 bosses I have agro rollover like everyone else and this is how I deal with it:

I camped spirit of the ninja click item for 8 characters in ToFS, floor 7 off svartmane. BTW, worst camp ever lol.

I have a "no agro" hotkey set up for all those toons. all of my dps toons have coward stone X or IX in shoulder, I buff masked str 3 on all those dsp, including my pallys, cleric, everyone gets it. At 65% of the named health I hit my hotkey, and then again when it refreshes. I usually end up hitting it three times during the fight, the 3rd being in the last >10% of the fight.

I rarely have any dps die using this method. however, sometimes my bards still take a dirt nap, sometimes my monk does as well.

problem is, and I believe it will be addressed with the upcoming changes, with UW the named and trash's hps were jacked up to unreasonable levels. I would assume that the only way around this would be the mob's health would have to be effectively cut in half. Even with that though, there would still be a turn around problem.

the other solution is the ninga proc reward item which does it automatically during the fight, but that is a $25 fix per character, so in my case would be a $200 fix, not something I am willing to do.

bottom line is even with a hp reduction you will still have to visit Svartmane on floor 7 for several days. Or the pvp mob in OT can drop the item as well, but I have never set foot in that zone lol, I would rather camp Svartmane, as you have to camp him anyway for master essences for UW8+
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:48:34 am by rent » Logged

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 08:05:46 am »

If this is working as intended, and agro-rollover is simply a part of the "FREE game" as Empti put it, I'd just like it confirmed, so that my wrongful perception on the issue can be corrected :-)

You misunderstood what I said...  The "FREE game" comment was because I was frustrated at your complaints because you were not keeping up with current events.  Hate is busting his ass to work on game balance from T7 up.  Game balance including HP on PCs and NPCs, as well as damage output from PCs and NPCs. Changes are coming soon.  Be patient

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:18:05 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:42 am »

have a hotkey to have your pally cast atonement on the mob every once in a while, and when he does, spam the crap out of your scepter of time (even works from inventory). Atonement is a memblur then 125k hate for your pally. Pallies are kinda tanks so they should be fine for that one round they might get. Atonement is on the wisdom vendor in qrg, so there's no excuse not to have it.

This only fails for agro rollover if you don't have a pally, or if your agro rolls over in under a minute or whatever the recast on Atonement is. I use this method when my tank gets charmed on the EoN mobs, and my pally can pick the mob up before any of my other toons even get looked at.

A good solution for this would be to have both warrior and SK get a version of atonement at somepoint so any tank can deal with agro rollover (until we get to such inflated numbers that agro rolls over in a couple rounds, heh.)

PS. I'm only I'm t5 so take my opinion how you will, but this seems like a good solution for a while at least.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 04:08:57 am »

The issue I'm trying to address, is the one where the tank loses agro for no apparent reason other than 'because'.

I think that it's great that you've come up with this solution for yourself Udeni, however the way I see it, it doesn't really apply to T8. Even paladins gets eaten up pretty quickly in there ;-)
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 05:17:29 am »

what about a zone wide debuff that would reduce agro on each target every second by something like 50-75%
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 07:31:51 am »

What about...  wait till Monday

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 11:21:05 am »

The Monday patch shouldn't change much with this, but we can at least post info on the subject now for later speculation. I've dealt with this in 2 different successful ways so far. I never thought about using mem blurr. The issue has always been how much threat the warrior is generating.

The first method I tried was dumping as much threat off my warrior as possible. Absolutely no 250k hate procs in weapons. To my surprise, I still held aggro just fine with UW9. Unfortunately, I was still hitting the aggro cap right at 45% hp on the dragons, and it would chain to the monk. I made a hot key to tell the monk to use earthwalk (high mitigation disc low cd) As soon as the boss flipped, I would swap my offhand for a 6.0 epic with triple anger 4 augs. This method worked very well, buy got annoying quick. This lead me to look for something better.

I decided to try masked strength III on my entire raid, warrior included. This eliminated the aggro rollover entirely, and when the shoulder augs came out I added them in for good measure. Even with the new regen in ToV and very extended durations on boss encounters, I still have not had an aggro roll over after 4 full clears last night.

So, the reduced aggro stuff is amazing, but you need it on the warrior as well as the raid. If anyone is running multiple UWs in the raid, I imagine a simple fade key on the UW box would keep him safe.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 11:23:49 am »

The Monday patch shouldn't change much with this, but we can at least post info on the subject now for later speculation. I've dealt with this in 2 different successful ways so far. I never thought about using mem blurr. The issue has always been how much threat the warrior is generating.

The first method I tried was dumping as much threat off my warrior as possible. Absolutely no 250k hate procs in weapons. To my surprise, I still held aggro just fine with UW9. Unfortunately, I was still hitting the aggro cap right at 45% hp on the dragons, and it would chain to the monk. I made a hot key to tell the monk to use earthwalk (high mitigation disc low cd) As soon as the boss flipped, I would swap my offhand for a 6.0 epic with triple anger 4 augs. This method worked very well, buy got annoying quick. This lead me to look for something better.

I decided to try masked strength III on my entire raid, warrior included. This eliminated the aggro rollover entirely, and when the shoulder augs came out I added them in for good measure. Even with the new regen in ToV and very extended durations on boss encounters, I still have not had an aggro roll over after 4 full clears last night.

So, the reduced aggro stuff is amazing, but you need it on the warrior as well as the raid. If anyone is running multiple UWs in the raid, I imagine a simple fade key on the UW box would keep him safe.

That being said, should we consider removing the aggro bonus on warrior class augs?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 11:30:07 am »

I think that could work, anger 4 x1 was more than enough to hold threat without UW, I'm sure people can balance around it by swapping Aug setup if needed.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 11:54:43 am »

I had the issue pre-change with Nerd V aswell - although I could fix it with Masked Strenght III then.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 01:04:41 pm »

in all honesty I just like the ae on the anger Augs lol

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

I still have anger 5 in my offhand along with ice strike 10 (tserennias whip). I also have one with the new anger 6 in my bag I use for everything outside of t8. Only anger 4 and 6 have the bonus 250k threat proc. 5 does not.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64989
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 243