Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:48:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Regen and agro-rollover in Temple of Veeshan  (Read 12179 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 04:01:33 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've had any issues with rollover, but if I recall correctly when rollover happens it isn't total mob agro rollover...it's specific to the amount of hate a particular PC has accrued.  What I mean is your warrior is constantly building agro, so are the rest of your toons but at a diminished rate.  Once your warrior hits that rollover amount, he's back to zero agro and that's why the mob goes after the next highest agro PC.  Before the ninja click shit was put in, I'd just let my monk be the second highest agro and had a hotkey command to tell him to earthwalk or w/e when the mob would flip on him and spam my scepter and proc my nerds to get agro back.  It was always a pretty effective way, even if it was inefficient, but I'd rarely lose more than one or 2 toons to eating ripostes before the warrior got agro back...usually before the monk disc fell.  If you farm the ninja click off svartmane like Rent said, all you have to do is /bca your toons to click their ninja fade on agro rollover and your warrior is right back to most hated.  If you are too lazy to farm ninja clicks or find them too inconvenient to bother clicking, you can use the de-agro shoulder augs and/or cast mask with your enchanter or hell...as long as the buff duration on it is multiple hours already, bum one off someone else.  I've never seen agro rollover more than once per fight, and maybe I'm wrong, but having to actually worry once per fight on tier bosses should be expected.

tl;dr There are already ways to account for this in game, it isn't that big a deal and if one thing doesn't work for you there are a multitude of things that work well together to minimize the impact of hitting rollover.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

Theoretically when you cross the magic 2.1 billion hate boundary you're actually at negative 2.1 billion hate.  Since you are able to get accro back in a short period of time I assume there's something in the code that catches the negative amount and corrects it to zero.

I know people love huge numbers, but the emu isn't really built for it.  Unless someone is super brave and changes the hate list code to use 64-bit numbers the best solution is to squish the numbers so they are more in the range of what the emu is coded to handle.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »

Theoretically when you cross the magic 2.1 billion hate boundary you're actually at negative 2.1 billion hate.  Since you are able to get accro back in a short period of time I assume there's something in the code that catches the negative amount and corrects it to zero.

I know people love huge numbers, but the emu isn't really built for it.  Unless someone is super brave and changes the hate list code to use 64-bit numbers the best solution is to squish the numbers so they are more in the range of what the emu is coded to handle.

I explained this and corrected this in the past by decimating the hate generation on several things. The only problem is that the damage got crazy high and a lot of my changes were undone. I've yet to have time to fully commit to finding an "elegant" solution to this though. Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

why was this regen thing necessary?  I can't wait till some noob hits omm for the first time and gets dt'd repeatedly and starts qq'ing
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 10:14:42 am »

Can we get mask of strength line set to group spell plz?

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 11:49:00 am »

that would be amazing.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »

yeah, cause the 1-2sec it takes to refresh is killing me...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 02:15:45 pm »

I put it on all toons I got to help and it still doesnt. Just would be a little easier.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 02:57:12 pm »

I put it on all toons I got to help and it still doesnt. Just would be a little easier.

If it doesn't help, why cast it and why do we need a group version to make a useless spell easier?

-Hate

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »

So right now the position on the issue is:

There is no 'elegant' solution to this agro roll problem, and until there is (as you wrote yourself, this has been an issue for a while now) we're left with odd makeshift solutions or booting up a second group for ToV+.

The reason that I brought this up, was to make sure that you were aware of this very annoying thing happening for no reason other than math and mechanics. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't intended as part of the 'challenge', when the zone was built.

Had it been intended that the bosses in this zone would FD your maintank or something like that, I'm sure, I would just have found a workaround for it via. whatever I was able to figure out.

But since my assumption was that it wasn't I was hoping for a more "lets fix this" attitude towards it - but of course I understand that its probably only an issue for 1 or 2 players - who isn't bringing a 12-18 toon-train to ToV. So your time is probably better spent on fixes where most of the playerbase is :-)

In any case, its nothing I'm too upset about - Gets a bit frustrating once in a while, but I think I've gotten what I wanted off my chest, and it should be no problem grinding on, even if it means clicking mass ress often and wasting a lot of the EZ water supply Smiley

Edit: Spelling :-/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:58:42 pm by Danish » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 04:45:43 pm »

Hate- because it gives me some hope that only 1 or 2 will die instead of 5-6 which it does. I was referring to it not fixing the problem completly. Sorry on my phone and texting sucks.

Keeze
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »

Would a source edit help rollover ?
For example... before hate is added to the hatelist reduce it by 90%? :p

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 06:26:14 pm »

So right now the position on the issue is:

There is no 'elegant' solution to this agro roll problem, and until there is (as you wrote yourself, this has been an issue for a while now) we're left with odd makeshift solutions or booting up a second group for ToV+.

I didn't say I was going to come up with a standard operating procedure. I've yet to come up with something on MY END to resolve/improve the situation cleanly/effectively ("elegantly").

Would a source edit help rollover ?
For example... before hate is added to the hatelist reduce it by 90%? :p

I suggested similar to Hunter, only through Perl. Every X seconds, drop Y% of threat for everyone on hate list.

-Hate

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 12:22:55 am »

In regards to the Regen change ~ Did T8 today and had the chance to observe the changes.  Before the change, a full UCv3 single group could take any of the regular bosses in maybe 30ish seconds give or take.  Added another UCv3 toon to the mix (doing T8 After regen change)and the bosses are actually taking much longer; not less time.  Another 50% if not more.  Trash goes down the same but this is due to regen not getting as many ticks.

I can't imagine the head ache this must be for a group just starting to break into T8, let alone keep up with the regen on Vulak.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:32:46 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 01:21:20 am »

tofs floor 7 is pretty fubar with agro right now.  my cleric was just meleeing and pulled agro every 5-10 seconds on tserrina...tserrina also took more than x2 the usual amount of time to kill
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64991
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 207