Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:44:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sword n' Board!  (Read 4306 times)
Ponzi

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:37:02 pm »

Any chance we can reduce (or eliminate entirely) the 1h weapon skin drop rate for SK/PAL in t6+?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:45:01 pm »

Any chance we can reduce (or eliminate entirely) the 1h weapon skin drop rate for SK/PAL in t6+?

No, I'm not removing the knight skins. They are equally random. If you are getting more knight weapons, bring a knight along. You won't find a damn one once you do. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:44:28 am »

I just meant the 1h only skins. I roll w/ 2 paladins in main group, neither is ever going to give up proc rate to equip a shield... The question i'm posing is : whats the point of an item no one is ever going to use, even the classes they are designed for. I wouldn't suggest removing them from DB if they weren't complete wastes of space. Smiley

i.e. knights use the 2 hander skins shared w/ zerkers (there are multiple forms of tank/dps 2handers, all viable)..

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:03:20 am »

They probably exist for the fact there are SK tanks on the server. You may not run one, but some people do. I'd assume if Pally mitigation was a bit better people might even run Pally tanks. Hell I'm even considering picking up an SK as an off-tank for my raid if at some point I add more guys to my crew.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 06:16:43 am »

They probably exist for the fact there are SK tanks on the server. You may not run one, but some people do. I'd assume if Pally mitigation was a bit better people might even run Pally tanks. Hell I'm even considering picking up an SK as an off-tank for my raid if at some point I add more guys to my crew.

Who would be viable based on healing procs (self SK, group PAL) to tank, and the minimal AC a vallon zek style shield provides would be meaningless compared to the loss in proc % going to 1-hand, no?

I'm sure there's someone out there in pod/hoh who considers the extra white damage from a 2h caster-only weapon useful, but their delusion doesnt mean caster-only 2hbs are essentially pointless.. Unless i'm missing something..

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:30:35 am »

I just meant the 1h only skins. I roll w/ 2 paladins in main group, neither is ever going to give up proc rate to equip a shield... The question i'm posing is : whats the point of an item no one is ever going to use, even the classes they are designed for. I wouldn't suggest removing them from DB if they weren't complete wastes of space. Smiley

i.e. knights use the 2 hander skins shared w/ zerkers (there are multiple forms of tank/dps 2handers, all viable)..

You have never tried tanking with a paladin or shadowknight then. The 1h aug gives them their stonewall procs/click. The click gives 15-20% Stonewall (class/rank dependent). Max rank is 7.0 which brings both knights to 40% Stonewall from class buffs/augs. Warriors get 50% from class buffs/augs.

See above.

Who would be viable based on healing procs (self SK, group PAL) to tank, and the minimal AC a vallon zek style shield provides would be meaningless compared to the loss in proc % going to 1-hand, no?

I'm sure there's someone out there in pod/hoh who considers the extra white damage from a 2h caster-only weapon useful, but their delusion doesnt mean caster-only 2hbs are essentially pointless.. Unless i'm missing something..

The procs are COMPLETELY different on 1h and 2h. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:33 am »

You have never tried tanking with a paladin or shadowknight then. The 1h aug gives them their stonewall procs/click. The click gives 15-20% Stonewall (class/rank dependent). Max rank is 7.0 which brings both knights to 40% Stonewall from class buffs/augs. Warriors get 50% from class buffs/augs.

Without doubt knight tanking has improved (A TON!!), but they still dont seem to be a pimple on a warrior's ass in terms of tankability (nor should they be....knights get other abilities that set them apart from pure tanks). Mostly this is due to a decreased return from AC compared to warriors, and not as good avoidance (unless these hard numbers were changed by Hunter or hate, but they definitely dont seem to be). You also will see a diff from the unique defensive AA warriors get.

Honestly....if my warrior bites it Brick cant do a much more than my monk or zerker in terms of finishing the fight. Even with sword n board he just cannot take the same level of beating the warrior can (again, nor do I want him to be able to do so). Even with sword n board I have an easier time tanking on the monk.

I recently advanced another pally in case its needed in T8/9. I sincerely doubt he'll bother with 1h epic. But I dont see the need to remove em. Some might prefer the extra challenge of trying to tank with a knight.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210