Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:41:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Highpass Hold  (Read 8784 times)
Alchema

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:35 pm »

I'm trying to zone into highpass hold but it always says "unknown zone"  i'm using the underfoot client. ive tried zoning into highpass from EK but still the same and it looks like i have all the files there.. thanks for any help
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »

You can't zone there with SoD or Underfoot.  You can with Titanium, and I don't know about SoF.

If you're looking for the polished granite tomahawk there are several spawn points in East Karana, and it is a better place to farm it even if you could zone into Highpass.  The spawn points are at the bottom of the ramp and the gnoll camp nearby.
Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »

No on SoF. As when Serpents Spine came out HH was revamped, therefore all expansions after will have the newer zone files.

stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 01:59:10 am »

added to basic beginners guide/FAQ

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1943.0

Alchema

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:22:37 pm »

That cleared things up! thank you very much
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 04:46:10 pm »

Curious, could we not just copy the map file over from titanium install to the sod/sof/underfoot/ZOMG install and it work? i imagine it prolly wouldn't hurt to just try it, i mean what's the worst that can happen, oh noez i can't zone into HH still....

=p

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »

The newer clients are completely unaware of that zone.  They will not load the map because as far as they are concerned it does not exist.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 03:40:21 am »

That shouldnt be an issue, since it's possible to make and load custom zones without changing the client code iirc.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 04:20:12 am »

Perhaps.  I am just repeating what was said here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=169171

And the apparent need to hook the client to make it work as noted here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32928

*shrug*
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 05:01:34 am »

Or he could be like everyone else who has SoD+ client and just go to EK if they need the PGT rather than screw around with files that won't fix the issue since A) he doesn't have the #zone command and B) doubt Hunter is going to install Secret's zone injector when he already modified EK for people to be able to get the PGT there.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

Or he could be like everyone else who has SoD+ client and just go to EK if they need the PGT rather than screw around with files that won't fix the issue since A) he doesn't have the #zone command and B) doubt Hunter is going to install Secret's zone injector when he already modified EK for people to be able to get the PGT there.

I was just trying to explain why zoning there doesn't work and providing a source for the information I gave.  The mod in question is a client mod, and has nothing to do with Hunter installing anything.

If you read my initial response I explained that EK is the place to go for the PGT.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 12:39:13 pm »

My zone injector is not serverside, it is completely clientsided, and still works if you compile it and inject it. Hell, I could dig up a MQ2 plugin if it came down to it that did the same thing.

Basically, there's a zone list in the client. It has IDs. Your client doesn't have the ID and the matching zonename? You can't get in there.

This adds the removed SoD/SoF stuff back, and I will see if I can get that source for you guys once more off of my old hard drive. I have all three post-SoF clients and I will update it for each of them.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256