Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:10:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Brawlers Charm  (Read 22489 times)
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 03:34:55 pm »

Well i agree some classes COULD use it but it shouldn't fall onto the Brawler Charm to fix that, there needs to be a class specific fix to deal with that. Because it wouldn't fix the issue anyway. If you feel a class needs it's dps doubled then there should be a thread (and there is) with ideas to fix that which only those classes can obtain, otherwise the problem is still going to be there because the classes that already have high dps can obtain the same charm with the same bonuses and keep themselves securely better than the other classes.

Alliza i see what you mean but also realize i laid out the percentages WAY back when i made the thread showing what i was doing to the charm and asked like 50 times "If you want any changes you have a day or two to make suggestions before i submit the code to Hunter" and not once did anyone speak up. So that being said my offer stands, if anyone really wants this fixed i will do it one last time but this time people better be 100% positive of what they want before any emails with code gets sent cause i'm only doing it once. I know for a fact Hunter is getting pretty sick of the Brawler's Charm debates because they pop up every week so lets all work together to make sure no one ever has to bring up this charm again, agreed? lol

Blood of the Akkadian
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 03:52:32 pm »

Maybe make the effect on brawlers charm = triple attack or something, or maybe make brawlers charm have a proc on it that has a chance to proc something that maybe makes you attack insanely fast for a few seconds or procs a dmg proc, idk, just seems like out of all the charms brawler's is the least beneficial? Well, IDK what on guardians.
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »

I dont think allizia was around when you brought that up Danyelle and i think the more outspoken people that were testing it are no longer on this server.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 04:16:51 pm »

Danyelle have you tested your fixed brawlers charm on rangers? It appears to have no impact on them as far as raising their DPS even when they are wearing a level 50 brawlers.
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 04:43:31 pm »

I wasn't here then ^.^

I'm a big tester, it's something I like to do, but I'm not trying to track mud on a floor that someone just swept.

Once you get 3.0's and a few select items, dps classes hit a dps cap while bosses and content continue to get harder and increase greatly in HPs. The brawlers charm is a way to allow these classes as a whole to keep up with that increase. T3 bosses have a ballpark figure of 50,000,000 hps.

I think if we can get charms balanced out then we can start working on individual classes.

I imagine the reason brawlers charm does not work with rangers is that I don't believe the haste effects ranged weapons and you already have access to 100% critical hits, so the focus does nothing. A raise to the min/max hit or a general damage increase to all melee damage should allow the effect to reach all dps classes equally
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:47:55 pm by Allizia » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 05:29:08 pm »

Yeah she wasn't here, i'm not mad at her lol i'm not really mad at all Tongue i'm just saying the people that were here at the time never spoke up so i had assumed the percentages were fine.

@Crab Sadly no i neglected to do an archery test initially =/ I have heard archery was either barely affected or not affected at all. The effect i added to the charm is a crit increase (exact same as Champion) and a gradually increasing base damage effect. It seems the crits are working for archery thus barely increasing dps but the base damage effect doesn't work for archery at all. I had assumed that it affected all non-spell damage and it appears that assumption was incorrect. I don't know if it's an Emu bug or it was never meant to affect archery. Either way i'll see what i can do about that as it has been brought to my attention after i released it and i'll be sure to test archery this time.

Like i said guys i'll work on it again but you'll all have to tell me what you guys want so i can work around that. Exact numbers are preferable so there's no distaste there. Also keep in mind while making suggestions that spells can have only 12 effects and some of those effects may be taken up by "restrictions" (I.E. what skills it affects or minimum levels etc etc depending on the other effects. That's why the Champion effect takes up 11 spaces total.)

If you guys want exact numbers on the current set up and/or possible spell effects let me know i'll post those too for reference. Like i said let's try and make this the last time BC is brought up ;P

Blood of the Akkadian
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 05:50:14 pm »

A raise to the min/max hit or a general damage increase to all melee damage should allow the effect to reach all dps classes equally

I like this.

Incidentally I wanted to say that I meant no offense to anyone who has put in so much hard work and effort on this server. I have nothing but respect for anyone how contributes be it on the forums or in development. At risk of outright plagiarism I would like to submit a pic in the same style Danyelle does in hopes it makes you laugh.

Pic somewhat related but certainly not insulting:

Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 06:50:05 pm »

Would this be possible? I may not have the coding right, but I'm sure you will understand:

Worn effect:
* 10% archery damage increase per rank
* 10% melee damage increase per rank
* 10% backstab increase per rank (this may cause issues or reduced effectiveness if it won't stack with daggerfall)
* 50 or 100% flying kick increase per rank (don't monks have some beef about flying kick damage? kill 2 birds with one stone)
* All spell damage excluded

Ranks at 1 / 11 / 21 / 31 / 41 / ultimate or 1 / 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50

This would give a 50% base increase, which would be inflated by the haste included with the charm. I have a feeling the end result would be a 75-125% increase in dps at rank 50 and bring melee dps classes to up to the 7-9k range needed to be useful past PoD.

Lower charm levels will not see extra dps from the haste, since 70% haste is extremely easy to get from almost any class armor starting with qvic or PoTime. This will give it a sloping increase in effectiveness once you have rank 20 or so + which is good

Rangers will get the 50% increase in damage, but will not benefit from the haste (with a bow anyway). Rangers are parsing 500-1k dps higher then monks/rogues so I think this is fine and may bring them more in line
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:26:57 pm by Allizia » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 07:03:20 pm »

I'll see what i can do though i'll let you know right now i'm leaving spell damage out of it, that's what the Sorcerer's Charm is for. If we put spell damage on BC then SC would have no purpose and it would probably end up being removed which would cause people that had been using it to lose the item and be forced to now work on Brawler's. Just pointless really.

Blood of the Akkadian
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:42 pm »

Included the spell damage exclusion which I completely agree with
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 07:41:03 pm »

Another option that may prevent a backstab issue:

Base backstab damage +825 per rank (10% of max non-modified backstab)

This would also give rogues a half decent backstab from the front (it's usually 171 damage or so)
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 06:13:59 pm »

A raise to the min/max hit or a general damage increase to all melee damage should allow the effect to reach all dps classes equally

I like this.

Incidentally I wanted to say that I meant no offense to anyone who has put in so much hard work and effort on this server. I have nothing but respect for anyone how contributes be it on the forums or in development. At risk of outright plagiarism I would like to submit a pic in the same style Danyelle does in hopes it makes you laugh.

Pic somewhat related but certainly not insulting:

HAHA! Photobucket wasn't loading for awhile so i was waiting until i could see the pic to comment ;P

Yeah i think i spent too much time on a particular image-board, the posting style is rubbing off on my every day forum posts Tongue

EDIT: also i've been looking into this for you guys, i'll post what i can when i reach a reasonable result.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:16:02 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 06:50:14 pm »

Awesome, thank you very much for looking into it. Glad you liked my pic too. Don't know why it was not working for a while but even loading photobucket.com was crapping out.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 03:39:00 pm »

Just wondering but does anyone have a parse for a bard with atleast a 25 sorc charm doing 4 DoT's and using Denon's desperate Dirge in between twisting the 4 dots while auto attacking and with full pet buffs since we can get CG pet buff and always have the buffs on?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:41:34 pm by Eliseus » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2010, 04:36:44 pm »

Unless I am mistaken all bard aoe damage songs were changed to single target. I am not sure if sorc charm effects bard songs but I heard they don't. I am going to guess it would not be a lot of dps.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 282