Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:56:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Halloween event question  (Read 5523 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2018, 12:03:21 am »

It's almost that time of year and since progression has been stagnant at the T10 level of progression for a couple years now, this is the ONE time end gamers can really get excited about farming hard and trying to get some gear upgrades.  I'm not asking for any definite dates of when the event is going to run or for how long, my primary concern is if we are going to be limited to the 4 public zones.  I've never really understood the point of doing this Halloween event in 4 basically public zones since it really offers no benefit at all to people farming it.  Having multiple people farming it doesn't really collectively help anyone, and up until this point there probably weren't enough active end game geared people in UA farming it to really warrant more than the 4 instances of the zone.  But since we've been spinning wheels farming T10 and more and more people are getting their UA armor on at the very least their main tanks, I'm guessing we're going to have some crowding issues.  Without making this a long and drawn out post emphasizing the benefits and downfalls of making the Halloween zone truly instanced, I just wanted to get the conversation started in hopes of getting a little feedback both from players and Rent/Akka about what we can expect this go round.
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:43:27 am »

Yes please to instanced Halloween. I agree, with only 4 open zones and all the T10 UA geared folks now, there will be crowding issues. The biggest bottleneck will probably be the area that drops the necklace parts.

Also, pulling the whole zone is FUN but the side effect is no one else can play in that realm.

Denzig <STONE>
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:58:14 am »

I agree with Dimur and Denzig. I think it would definitely be a crowd pleaser to allow instancing of the Halloween zone.

The most important thing is that everyone has a chance to really enjoy this awesome event. Be it that you focus on specific camp(s), zone pull or however you like to play.

So hmm.. options..

1: Make the HW zone truly instanced.
2: Make more realms.
3: Update NPCs or zone mechanics to make it impossible to zone pull.

I would go for option 1 or 2, whichever is easiest to program for Rent/Akka.

Even though option #3 would leave more mobs up for all the new T10 geared people, it still would become very crowded with everyone that is now able to fight in the zone. Another part is that a few camps are very sought after due to the necklace quest. This option would need quite a few tweaks in order to be a good option in my opinion.

Also just wanted to put in here that zone pulling is tricky to figure out, hurts you really bad if you screw up, and takes effort to pull off. It's really challenging and fun to do it. It should never be at the cost of someone else losing the chance to fight in a zone though, that's just retarded.

I for one would be really thankful to have an approx. date on when the event starts, because I have been saving up days off work for this event, and I wouldn't be surprised if others are in the same boat. I don't expect anything, but would be nice to be able to plan ahead  Smiley

GebbonEQ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:37:38 pm »

Halloween Event is public now?  Ive been gone for a bit but Im in the same boat - I would not be interested in a public-only Halloween Event.   Please allow instances.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 10:38:49 pm »

During the Halloween event, the special item drops are global so wherever you decide to farm will let you get the loot.  The concern that this thread is addressing is the T10+ Halloween zone that is only open during this event. Just to clarify, outside of that particular zone, you can instance zones and get the global loot.
GebbonEQ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 11:47:18 am »

Oh so its no longer a single zone like before?  Ok then, that makes sense.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:00 pm »

You have the older instance-able zone but the last year or two (I forget how long now) is a new-er halloween zone.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
blastfamy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 09:00:22 pm »

I would also love a advanced notice of the days the event will be running for I need to book my hotel room with good wifi service.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:06 am »

We definitely need instances this year or it will likely become a big poop throwing contest. Best way to cause drama on this server is to have a public only or limited instances zone. Advance notice would also be nice, hopefully this runs late as usual as I had to put my time off in early and earliest I could get was the week of Nov. 4th.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 09:17:12 pm »

I would also love a advanced notice of the days the event will be running for I need to book my hotel room with good wifi service.

Thats some serious dedication lol. Here's my take on instances, love the idea, but everything we do on this server is instanced and unfortunately very lonely. Is there a way to have one particular zone that opens to all tiers that require group participation? Hear me out, make a quest that requires tier 1-4 to get the first piece (with mobs that can only be killed by PC's in that tier), second mob tier 4-6, third mob 6-10. After all pieces are gathered, hand them into the NPC and a zonewide alert goes on with different mob bosses from different levels (tiers) that can only be targeted by those in that level. When all mobs are are killed, each are given a godly reward reflecting their given level (tapered). Quests can be done many times, but godly reward given only once, each other time it is completed you get something else valuable like essences, SLS, rainbow shards, plat whatever. Non-instanced. Is this even possible? I would love for the server to join forces for once and it be a EQ live sort of GM event. After you get your godly reward, you can either continue doing the quest or go to the regular halloween zones like normal for your instance solo grind.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:19:13 pm by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
mousebane

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 09:35:49 pm »

RE: "Is there a way to have one particular zone that opens to all tiers that require group participation?"

This is a boxing server...isn't the whole point of wanting to play on a boxing server is that we DON'T want to play on a server that requires grouping up in order to play content?  Nothing is preventing people from grouping up now if you want, but imo it seems you are playing on the wrong server if that's what you expect others to want to do, let alone wanting admins to intentionally design content for a boxing server that requires grouping.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »

RE: "Is there a way to have one particular zone that opens to all tiers that require group participation?"

This is a boxing server...isn't the whole point of wanting to play on a boxing server is that we DON'T want to play on a server that requires grouping up in order to play content?  Nothing is preventing people from grouping up now if you want, but imo it seems you are playing on the wrong server if that's what you expect others to want to do, let alone wanting admins to intentionally design content for a boxing server that requires grouping.

Thanks captain obvious, I know its a boxing server I been here for quite some time now, and everything on this server, as in all content, is boxable. My point was that it would be nice to have a zone during the event that rewarded group participation for once. That doesnt mean no other events, it means in addition to and completely optional. Its just a suggestion, you dont have to like it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:50:25 pm by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 07:35:44 am »

With the new crowd of people able to do the T9+ HW zone, it would be nice to tune the cooldown on spawning the last boss, too Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 172