Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:38:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plat + EXP sink post AA's  (Read 3598 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:58:29 pm »

So, as some of you know i originally came to EZ Server from another Emu called "Shards of Dalaya" (SoD). There were a lot of things i liked there, a lot i didn't. Mostly the decision to leave was GM corruption (they wanted to have their cake, and eat it too.... and most of yours as well). So kudos Hunter! You're a great GM as far as i've seen so far.
Anywho, compliments aside there was a good system SoD had for the lack of exp use after AAs they called "Tomes". Basically Tomes improved your characters much like AAs only it wasn't limited by the pre-made AA tabs we have. The head person there at the time was Admin-Wiz who iirc made them to begin with.
Balancing in SoD and EZ are much different, but the concept is the same. for SoD AAs were pretty difficult to accumulate unlike EZ, so after you acquired the 1000ish AAs you needed to max yourself you could purchase a Tome vol. 1 for roughly 1k and invest many more hours to make 250ish more AA worth of experience for a minor gain of maybe 5% increase in spell dmg, melee dmg, melee defense, and healing potency.
For EZ the numbers would have to be quite different, but i believe you can see the point i'm making. maybe we could create something similar to invest our EXP after AAs are done. instead of 250AA worth, make it 3000 worth for 10% more melee dmg, or for the classes that are lacking like Paladins and SK's we could make class specific tomes to improve them without over buffing Warriors more. Instead of 1k for the tome, maybe 100k.
The way they worked was, you would open the book and all available exp gained after opening it would go to the tome's exp. so you would turn off AA exp, and the normal inventory exp bar would fill. once you "dinged" the tome was complete and you received the bonus associated.
ideas on what kinda tomes could be made would be a great start if this is something Hunter would like to look in to. I would offer help, but i know how Hunter likes to take this stuff on by his lonesome.

Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:06:12 pm »

Good idea, but would take a ton of time, me thinks, for Hunter to sink time into. I suppose instead of more custom zones for a "next big thing" this could be worth looking into.  Would have to make it fairly tough though. Getting a full level's worth of xp at lvl 70 is very easy. Less than 5 minutes usually.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256