Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:07:13 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Annoying Pest quest  (Read 2331 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »

Is it possible to look at changing the kill count on this quest? 4k kills is a little tedious the clicky is nice but when you have all buff classes and the clicky if only T10 and bellow buffs it is just nice to have not to load in all your toons....500xp buff isn't that big a deal as most folks by this level I would assume would be at least 700xp + on the mask.  The 4k kill count just seems excessive and would lead folks to think about botting the content...unless you were to add a crap ton of the mob types instead of having them just scattered lightly around the zone. A kill count of 2k seems sufficient for the risk/reward of the item.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:36:37 pm »

Devil's advocate here, but I think the task is fine as is.  Unlike the UCv4 quest which only one character at a time can complete, your entire raid force gets hits for each kill.  It's super easy to clear down and focus just on the pest mobs, when you get to the last 2 past Abyxcos you just repop and repeat.  As referenced in another thread, people seem to prefer cherrypicking the named and not clearing as they go, possibly contributing to the length of time required to complete the quest.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 04:34:50 pm »

Not cherry picking.  I am concentrating on ONLY the pests and sticking to the first big room, where Mastor of Bators spawns, and the room to the side...is the only area where that mob type is more plentiful (if that even applies) and I am at like 1700 of 4,000 (is actually 4,236 kills or some wierd number like that). It just makes me want to claw my eyes out and has a lot to do with why I havent been logging in that much....I know it is first world problems but I have been plowing away at this off and on since this zone came out and it's just aggravating to me....other's may not have the same opinion as me and that is ok too.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 10:14:31 am »

Yeah, it is mind numbing.  I'm at about 1400.  Had to take a break.  The thing is, when you're focusing on those mobs, you know there is no possibility of anything happening.  It's just a kill numbers game.  I don't mind, will be a long time before i get this reward, which will actually be a pretty huge benefit to my team of six, since i don't have all of the buffs this thing apparently gives.  That said, it would make it more interesting if an Annoying Thing had a 1 in 100 chance of spawning an ancient annoying thing which dropped 4 roses and had a 1 in 15 chance of dropping a GSS or something like that.  Or, if it was a chain spawn like HOS where killing an Annoying had a 1 in 50 chance of spawning a Greater Annoying thing (which drops 2 roses) and had a chance to spawn an ancient annoying thing which dropped 4 roses and a chance for a GSS.

If it stays like it is, it's all good.  Will get around to it eventually.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 04:02:23 pm »

I specifically focused on the fountain room and hallway in front of where Alpha Male spawns, and used the bard invuln and walk-speed carpet and was able to pull 11 at a time plus whatever else is spawned there, then instance hopped, and got through it pretty quickly that way. I do like the previous idea of a chain spawn, if even to give people a different route for more efficient Rose farming, while completing the quest.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 162