Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:44:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Titanium client overload  (Read 16582 times)
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 04:56:45 pm »

There goes Fugi showing his age again...

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »

It's related to casting but I could never pinpoint the issue.

Use SoD/SoF; It doesn't have the issue in those clients, well I only noticed it going away on SoD.

Plus SoD is better on memory anyways than titanium.
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »

I too have had this problem when using Titanium. I wish I could be of help but had to switch over to SoD because I was fed up with it. It always happened in battles whether it was a boss or mobs. Sometimes I thought it was the battle sounds or maybe the number of mobs. Always happened to my tank's client so of course the tank would go offline and then the rest of the group would wipe. Fun.. fun... fun..
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:03 pm »

The idea of the crashing to desktop being bandwith related is a foolish notion. Each client uses less bandwith than a smartphone or even keying up on vent. way less in fact.

Most likely due to driver issues. Installing a not updated game over a system with the latest video drivers. Trying to render massive amounts of text in a GL enviroment. Or it could be a sound driver but i doubt it as this issue plagues me and i have sound off completely in game.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 07:10:37 pm »

yea im also having this problem with titanium

though it hasnt happened to me yet since i set the filters for everything but chat to 'hide' and also lowered all display options drastically. so like a week or 2 with no crashes
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 02:33:22 am »

graphics were no issue for me but i had to use the filters to hide almost everything but chat .

Gummibear
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 10:49:01 am »

I used filters on my 11 drones to block everything and did the /log off stuff, graphics were not an issue but I still lowered all graphics, my main still has full graphics on and now I hardly get any crashes, maybe once every few days one drops. Around the time I made all the changes one of my 5870's burned up so I'm down to 1 vidcard, not sure if Ati Crossfire had anything to do with the crashes or if the filter/log off fixed it but a new card is in the mail so I'll let you guys know.

I run
Innerspace
Titanium Client
WinEQ 2.0 (helps frame rates better then using Innerspace settings for some reason)
MacroQuest2 (MQEmu_Classic_Titanium)

Settings for boxes
Graphics all lowest settings, Sky off
/log off
/filter all
All sounds, music off (I've always run like this because I listen to death metal while killing wisps)

Since I did all this shit at the same time I can't tell you which 1 thing worked for me.
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 01:10:37 am »

Well if we all post are findings then someday we will find it.
Let's cross fingers

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65014
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 190
  • Online Ever: 8678