Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 02:14:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help with UF client  (Read 6535 times)
lillyg

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2013, 06:51:34 pm »

Hey guys. I could really use come help... I just got a new pc (Windows 8 ) and im trying to get EQ on here but having issues.

ive gotten a torrent file copy from here

houseofstrix.com/mike/ufakka.torrent

it downloaded, I have tried to extract it to a file created in my program files but it fails, im seriously computer illiterate and not sure what to do, I extracted it to a file on my desktop and then pasted it to the program file and the EQ exe file shortcut dosent work, it says im missing a dll file...

of anyone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated, its been 11 months since playing my toons and im really sad I cant get this working..

thanks for any help
Moonshyne
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:12:37 pm »

What DLL file?

For anybody wondering what client that is, it's the latest client build from Akka's Fun House. UF with HoT zones enabled.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:14:21 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

Could be that you need Directx 9.0c I know I had to download it when I first setup my computer even though its Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

Take it out of program files. Just put it anywhere else but there.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 02:29:17 am »

Take it out of program files. Just put it anywhere else but there.
windows 8 is even more funny with its permissions. so yeah unzip it and put in maybe c:\eq\ , just about anywhere other than program files.
make sure your user account has appropriate permissions, and folder is not read only.
you may need the directx9.0.
you want to make sure you have latest video card driver, and any chipset, motherboard drivers are up to date.
Windows 8 put of the box does not have .net 3.5, may not be needed by eq, maybe MQ2, and you will likely need it for other things. 
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2785188

also read through this here, someone else with windows 8.
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3506.msg44846#msg44846

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 06:27:38 am »

best spot to put it is in public downloads all users are able to make changes to that folder
Skitzy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »

If you're still having a problem with your underfoot torrent, are you attempting to extract the files using the built in windows tool?

If yes, try to download 7zip (its free) and use that to extract the underfoot files.  I had a very similar issue in the past with my underfoot torrent, and simply using 7zip over the built in windows tool solved the problem.

- Skittzy
lillyg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »

the torrent file is good, it downloaded and extracted just fine.  The issue is when I click to open the login server, I get this error

the instruction at 0x03a30a0e refrenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

I have updated all my video and chipset drivers  and tried changing resoloutions  on the computer and through the properties of the eq shortcut...with no success... just hoping someone can help me... im getting very frustrated Cry
Skitzy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 05:39:07 pm »

the torrent file is good, it downloaded and extracted just fine.  The issue is when I click to open the login server, I get this error

the instruction at 0x03a30a0e refrenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

I'm about 95% sure this is the exact issue I had as well... I don't remember the specifics but I know that for some reason using windows itself to unzip the torrent file (the .rar) was not quite getting everything that it needed, resulting in a dll error. By installing 7zip, and using that to extract the underfoot torrent, the game had no problems at all loading up.

7zip is completely free and easy to use if you're not familiar (http://www.7-zip.org). After installing 7zip when you right click on the uf torrent, you'll see an additional option for 7zip which you can then use to extract the files from the torrent rather than having to use the built in windows extractor.  I suggest giving it a shot, it's a small file, and a quick install, so if you have a few extra minutes, there's not much to lose Smiley.

- Skittzy
lillyg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »

7 zip comes on this computer and I Did use it to unzip the torrent
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 06:03:17 pm »

I had that problem too. I downloaded the newest direct x, and .net framework. Make sure those are both up to date.
lillyg

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:21:54 pm »

it has direct x 11 on it? do I need to put 9c on here too?
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »

Try it real quick, can't hurt. Also, how are you launching it? And where exactly did you extract it?
red2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »

yes EQ has no idea wtf dx11 is. need dx9c.
eq client is what like 8 years old ..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65014
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 190
  • Online Ever: 8678