Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:03:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ** Recent Changes **  (Read 9390 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »

Originally I did not design high end content to require Ultimate Charms, cause I under estimated players ability to get them, but it seems that more and more people are getting them, so yes re-balance is being done from top down. Even with more people having UC's I've made things easier. Trash and Bosses in T3/T4 used to have a LOT more HP, and many bosses were depop'd cause they couldn't be killed in the 1 hour limit. Max DPS classes have gone from 10k/sec to 60k+/sec.

Several classes are still lacking DPS especially in mid-end game such as Qvic thru T2. I plan to add stuff for them as well, such as lower version of the "Spirit of the Kraken" that allows Shamans to give melee a proc buff. Wizards need some new damage spells or maybe give Wizards a "natural" ability similar to Sorcer focus. And Ninjastrike Aug is currently only available in version V from T4 Essence(x4) with Blue Diamond (a 1 million PP component). So I would need to make lower ranks of Ninjastrike Augs for the Monk, Rogue, Bard, and Beastlords that would require Qvic Essences and up, along with cheaper components from Crafters Guilds. Considering making Strike Augs I-III to have higher proc's to help with the Qvic-T1 DPS, as I know they are very weak right now and nothing more than a stepping stone to types IV and V.

These are ideas and need time to put them in. I am trying to complete T5 during my vacation, and T5 has over 100 bosses! I'm on a tropical island with my wife for a few weeks here, and I could be spending time on the beach, but instead I'm in front of the laptop a lot working on EZ Server taking advantage of not having to work 70 hrs a week IRL.

Paladins proc damage AND heal, which needs to be taken into consideration. Don't focus on just the DPS, or just the heals. The combined makes them very powerful and still very useful.

Crabthewall was one of our first multiboxers to do T3/T4 content about 1 year ago, and if I remember correctly, it took him between 12-18 boxes to down stuff that player have recently been doing with only 2 Paladins since I created the new procs on all the Paladin Epic weapons. This (Paladin Procs) are finally fixed.

In the future, if there say 300 people online, and about 150+ of those 300 people are Wizards, then you can expect Wizards to get some attention to find out why its the only class that players want to play and possible get a re-balance, especially if people are able to 2-box content that was designed for 6-12 players to survive. Learn to make friends, and create/join a guild.

I'll continue to read everyones comments and suggestions. There will always be more updates and fixes. New content will always be added. Classes will be balanced as needed.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:25:21 pm »

Hi Hunter and thanks for making things a bit clearer and putting them back into a more global perspective.
One thing though, and not to complain or wine, but reading you piece you talk about a lot of classes to be tweaked ,upgraded/updated. I didn't read anything related to Bards written from your hand for a long time. Do you have plans regarding Bards and briging them back into the the game so they can reclame a status like they have on live? Some ideas are floating around like a proc group buff, reevaluate self DPS would be nice as well as anything you could think about to make the Bard more usefull in the world and more desirable to play and group with, since it is the way you have chosen.
Also the gain in song modifier going from 3.0 to 3.5 and from 3.5 to 4.0 is zero, is this intended? If yes can this be given a second thought?
Again, not bitching, nor wining, just trying to bring your attention to the Bards of EZ, they need your love.
This being said, enjoy your vacation!
Medic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 06:34:30 pm »

Wow.  Put down the laptop and enjoy the tropics man!

Enjoy your vacation I hope you recharge your batteries.

Gimble

Krunkley, Gimble and Co.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:51:33 pm »

Very well said as usual, love your style.  Really like hearing about mid level stuff, keep up the good work and GO WORK ON YOUR TAN! Wink

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:36 pm »

I believe in you boss, and get out there on that damned beautiful beach with your wife!  I remember how awesome it was where you live and how you have family all around you, enjoy it and dont worry about us man.  Its a game after all.  Thanks so much for your time invested, and try to relax k.

Poop
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »

New spell file available for download (spells_us_021011.zip). Updates take effect after server reboots at 6am.

Added to the Paladin's Heal and Damage but not original values. This should help with the changes for now. I guess I'll have to boil the water a little more slowly on here so players don't notice or freak out as much. Paladins will very likely be adjusted in the future again.

As for Bards (and Monks, Rogues, and Beastlords), they get the Ninjastrike V aug that has 6500 base dd which is more than any other class gets. I'll work to get Ninjastrike I - IV going for Qvic and up that could be obtainable by mid level players.

The bard instrument mod might have a cap in the code, I dunno. Their epics are already many times more mod than what live ever had.

I added Double Attack to Bards as well, but its not showing in the skill trainer, or in the stats window. Might need to train it at the Fighters Guild for now until I figure out how to add skills to other classes correctly. Already had to modify 2 different tables to get Double Attack on Bards so far.

Ranger updates coming when I get around to it.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Glennsi

I love my life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:28 pm »

appreciate the hard work and whatever are the changes im looking forward to raiding again;)
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:50 pm »

I being a pally myself, enjoyed the new changes to paladins, and i'm sad to see them adjusted.  I don't have a UC and i'm still content with how it was working.  I guess i like a challenge though.

Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 11:43:38 pm »

Thank you Hunter, i am looking forward to the Ninjastrike I-IVs.
Domeiz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:43 am »

you're doing some killer work Hunter and it's always appreciated. It's nice to see the dps classes being what they're suppose to be...dps. I know you have a lot on your list of things to do but i'm wondering is there anything for mages or no? They weren't bad before but now with all other classes having increase in the deeps by a lot they're pretty low in comparison. no rush tho!
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 03:26:53 am »

Was wondering about the whole UC thing lately, so good to hear what the stand is now from the man himself. =p

Soooo if the ninjastrikes eventually get lower ranks to them, does this mean that then the current combine for rankV will be changed from 4 gods majors to like 1 gods minor like the rest of the augs?
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:26 am »

(Holy wall of text. Tl;dr: Casters hard to balance, lots of opinion, kthxbye)

Casters are going to be a different bowl of fish to get balanced, as it wont be as easy - there are no augs that provide dps for us, all we get are t3/t4 spells at higher end - which other classes get too. Charms also don't make a (big) difference for us except for wizards, as most caster dps comes from pets and not nukes/dots/etc. Even Enchanter's Arm, which is a group DPS boost spell, doesnt boost dps that much (especially at high end), because 75% of dps is procs, so EA only adds 15% of the remaining 25% - or less than 4% of total dps.

The doppelganger idea for enchanters is really good, but having them poof after 60 seconds make them all but useless in long fights (where it's a pain to keep them up for marginal dps increase), or short fights (where the 60 second recast isn't worth using on a 20 second fight), so imho they could do with a tweak too (removing the time limit, for instance, or making the recast faster so it's worth also using on shorter fights and is worth more on longer fights)

Other pet classes pet dps could be tweaked to fall more in line with top dps atm - they're currently stuck anywhere between 8k dps (enchanter) to 17k dps (beastlord). I'd probably leave beastlord pet as is, as the beastlord has the option of enhancing their own dps with augs. Necro's could get a lifetap spell that has a group heal recourse, provide some group healing that way (also, focus of healing spell does not affect the heals of their pets, which is a shame - I havent gotten an oracle on my necro yet, but if that doesnt affect pet procs either I'll be very disappointed). Mages could get a straight out boost to pet DPS, maybe a major burnout spell where the pet does 300% more damage and then explodes (like a necro LifeBurn, after which it poofs).

3.5 and 4.0 epic pets could be changed to look different! I'd keep the look for the enchanter pet, but mage and necro pets could get elemental/undead looks again. Maybe have the necro one look like Alucard?

Plenty of thoughts to go around, and I'm sure some of them are unacceptable/not viable/already in the works, but this is just my opinionated two units of smallest local currency.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 05:23:02 am »

I cant understand why you would be posting this here when you could be with ya missus Smiley thats dedication
Thanks for an insight to the bigger picture .
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 05:30:33 am »

The solution for Casters might just be a second "epic" item; a shield item or something. Or maybe just a caster only item that drops in high end content somewhere to go in the shield slot that has a focus effect. I don't know, but Necros definitely need a big boost in DoTs; the DoT focus buff that druids and shamans get would do a lot for necros; their dots currently hit for 1500, 900, 600, 1100, and that's it for the ones worth anything. No reason to even cast those and sorcer charm doesn't improve their DPS. 4.0 Necro and Beastlord pets have no problems with staying alive right now, so the HP is fine for doing DPS, but the pet itself doesn't do much DPS. The biggest issue with casters is there isn't a "one size fits all" fix to them, because each one has a different role, unlike melee dps where an augment can solve their woes.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 07:22:34 am »

For anyone curious it looks like the pally 3.0 proc started at 4k then nerfed to 1k and now is sitting at 1.5k without mods.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 172