Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:29:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 2 More Instances  (Read 14474 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:20:57 am »

Added two more Guild Instance Zones for 100k pp each which last for 24 hrs:

gukbottom
hohonora

Enjoy!

Hunter

Edit: I still need to fix same-zone teleports like potimea and airplane, so I can get instances in those zones.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:23:57 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Micah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:10:58 am »

First I wanna say thanks for all the hard work Hunter, the server has come a long way since I played about a year ago.

While the instancing helps alleviate some of the FG/CG congestion, I was wondering if you've considered just making all of the items no drop. As a newer character doing FG/CG quests for the first time, a 100k guild instance isn't much help. The problem I've run into is that almost every item is camped 5 times over, with some of those people camping it purely for monetary gain. Since the quest is absolutely necessary for progression once you hit 70, I think it really sucks for newer characters that they have to wait in line behind people that are just going to sell the items since it's stopping them from progressing.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:07:05 pm »

Good point.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:30:21 pm »

So make them no drop and see all the noobs complain even more that they cant get epics or qvic run done. There are some nice people that will do for free but the majority will not. FG/CG items can be easier for people to get than plat.  So making these no drop will halt peoples progression.

Why is it a bad thing that people want to camp these items for money? Making money is part of the game.
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:31:16 pm »

Also, i see and have seen for a while now ldon is more of a problem than lguk Sad
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:14:20 pm »

Ldon stuff is no-drop though.

I really have no problem with people farming FG/CG items to trade, it's about the only economy this server has.  It's only a problem when the rules say (apparently?) you can hold a camp as long as you want.  If the rules said you get 1 and then the next person in line gets a shot, it would be different.

The instances will help a lot (though they need to be reasonably priced and available to new/poor players and guild-less players too..)

Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:19:24 pm »

I hate to bring negativity towards what is a positive update, but the only people this would benefit are the high end folk that are gearing up alts/bots.

Farmers for Qvic/etc runs will still be farming non-instance because otherwise they'd just be buying the drops/runs, and first-timers (or at least non-rich people) won't have the money for an instance.

This will alleviate some pressure, but not very much I imagine.

I still think a good step is to make the quests take one of 2 items at each step (or to make that one item drop in other zones.)

ie: quest asks for an FBSS OR ... some other belt from a currently un-camped mob (and preferably uncamped zone.) I'm drawing a blank Tongue

But I think a move towards spreading the camps out will benefit more than instancing everything.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Mirielle
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 01:25:04 pm »

I think making alternate drop points for the items  (for example what was done for the PGT) in arely used zones is a start.

Maybe also make then no-drop, but be able to hand them into a NPC somewhere in Nexus that turns them into a droppable version.

So that people farming them for profit / QVIC runs can still do that, but not tie up a camp for hours on end, denying new players from progressing.

Not sure how difficult the coding for that would be, but is an idea.

Creating a high price instance isn't the answer.
Only people who have been here for a long time will have that sort of cash, and might not use the instance anyway...
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:10:11 pm »

Heya Hunter I just saw this and had to say I thank you so much I believe these changes are welcomed.  I realise ldon 6 being instanced will not happen but this makes all the pain of that go away.  Cheers to you my freind.

Poop
Consumer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:47 pm »

Why does everyone think that the only way to progress is to have other people run you through the content? 

Making the FG/CG items no drop is a great idea.  I remember the first time I tried to camp Knuckle Dusters, I sat there for hours watching one person loot KD after KD because he was "going to trade them for LDON runs." 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:07:55 pm by Consumer » Logged
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 10:19:13 pm »

Because if you do not box on this server you really cant progress far. Even the guild made for 1 boxers had to change rule to allow boxers.

As for making fg/cg no drop, Go to the zone when no one is there or wait till its open. This is part of eq and if people want to farm these items for money or runs, good for them. Im all for respecting the player made rule of camps.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09:23 am »

Not to sound like ole grampa on the porch talkin' about how hard it used to be, but....

My first toon through all of this was a mage.  I didn't multi-box because my computer couldn't handle it.  I did the CG quest blind.  No spoiler list.  Camp each item as it was revealed.  Took two weeks cause I would play some and camp some.

Time, LDoN and Qvic all took considerable time (read "weeks" each) because back then no one would just "run you thru it."  I found people doing the same zones I was and we'd team up.  I'll help you if you'll help me.  That's how a lot of the first guilds were formed.

It is still just as possilbe to group up and conquer the content.  If the new people coming up don't want to but would rather call out for help doing it, isn't that more on them than on the folks who've progressed past that point?
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:26:34 am »

The issue is that almost nobody plays a main warrior or cleric that doesn't multi-box themselves everywhere.

I want to do Qvic, but have a hard time finding a Warrior or Cleric that is willing to do it. They've either progressed past it, or they're part of a bot army that... has also progressed past it.

Moral of the story: People need to play more clerics! Tongue

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »

I played both, at 70, for at least a month and never found a group.  If people actually wanted to group I wouldn't have started boxing my own.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 05:05:51 pm »

I played both, at 70, for at least a month and never found a group.  If people actually wanted to group I wouldn't have started boxing my own.

you speak truph!
if given the ability to box 10+ chars, people will take it. limit the boxing, and you get people looking to fill empty spots in group

this server thrives on the boxing though, no changing it without completely changing everything. so, just something everyone has to accept

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190