Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:44:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 251989 times)
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2010, 02:21:35 pm »

Oh and apprently if you use bad words in ooc you get squached forever =( my monk tailsknocks accdently let one out as i was trying to impersanite a song =/. Major fail on my behalf

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2010, 07:22:40 am »

No, but you can assume that if you loot a mob that someone else killed you could get banned.

i think its safe to say that it MOST LIKELY won't though, so if its abandoned don't be too worried I say do a quick /shout and be done w/ it..

Oh and apprently if you use bad words in ooc you get squached forever =( my monk tailsknocks accdently let one out as i was trying to impersanite a song =/. Major fail on my behalf

Sad Very lame IMO
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:35 am »

In all likelyhood if it is a trash mob that no one is around and no one has been around for several minutes, (minutes not seconds) ant is is pre PoD you might be ok looting something off the mob that is clearly abandoned. Remember though you are taking a risk in doing so. It would be a very good idea to do a shout or even a tell but you can not use that as an excuse if you get in trouble for it. It's about like speeding... just a little bit. You take a risk, but most do it anyway. There are still no excuses for it though.

Mghargh

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2010, 09:26:49 am »

If you kill something & do not want what is left but do not want someone else to get it either, just pick up the item/s & destroy it/them. You can do this with no-drop & no-trade items and duplicate lore items, just destroy the lore item you have on hand & pick up the new one.

junkyard dog
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2010, 01:33:27 pm »

That is not an option if the item you have is auged.

Mghargh

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2010, 01:54:20 am »

I've not run across a lootable item that had an aug on it already.

Edit: Just caught exactly what you said, if the lore item you have has an aug then of course you wouldn't be able to switch that way.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:56:22 am by Mghargh » Logged
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:54 am »

It's not usually an issue because you are usually looting part of a pattern which differs from the armor right?

Not that Im usually worried about it unless there are some annoying vultures in the area but you can just loot the item on another class of toon who wouldnt grab it normally.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2010, 05:52:45 pm »

After a loot discrepancy yesterday, Hunter replied back to my e-mail with the following.

Rules in forums should state that your not allowed to loot a corpse unless your given permission, even if its only 5 seconds away from rotting. There are many cases of people zoning in for the loot on alt box, or crashed, or whatever. Looting a corpse without permission (get a screenshot with date/time stamp) can get you banned.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »

That's true not your kill , not your loot... no matter the timer..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Veredus

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2010, 04:56:22 pm »

Hunter, Whats the exact ruling on people continually failing on a  Tiki spawn? If you give them multiple attempts and they keep wiping, is it okay to kill the mob?

Here's a few rules that confuse me on this subject.
Under "NO KILL STEALING" : "If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss."
-This makes it seem it is not okay to take the mob (although it doesnt take a guild to spawn the mob).

However, under "NO HOARDING TIKIS"
"After the boss event is over, either succeed or fail, then you must give another group a chance to spawn the next boss."
-This makes it seem as tho a wipe could forfeit rights to the mob.

Just wondering.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:14 pm »

That is called wishful interpreting. If you did not spawn the boss you have no rights to it. They have it till it despawns or they kill it. The rules state plainly: If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. That means only that guild has rights to that boss. The next rule is stated plainly too: After the boss event is over, either succeed or fail, then you must give another group a chance to spawn the next boss. The boss event can not be over if they just failed to kill it because they can still resume it. What this rule means is technically once they either kill the boss or it despawns you get to spawn the next boss. (I am not sure about PoG, especially with the recent changes but in PoD it is largely considered a douche move to kick someone off a tiki because they 'had their turn'. Sure it is in the rules, but it will earn you a poor reputation.) If you attack a boss that someone else spawns, without their permission, you are guilty of kill stealing.

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2010, 06:42:14 pm »

Xiggie is wise
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2010, 11:02:12 pm »

If I see a group failing on a tiki over and over, I usually offer to kill it  if they want it dead, I group one of their guys so they can lock the corpse as soon as its dead. (the rare time I am in a pub PoD)

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2010, 12:41:35 am »

If I see a group failing on a tiki over and over, I usually offer to kill it  if they want it dead, I group one of their guys so they can lock the corpse as soon as its dead. (the rare time I am in a pub PoD)

Now that is a classy thing to do.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2010, 02:44:38 am »

Hunter, Whats the exact ruling on people continually failing on a  Tiki spawn? If you give them multiple attempts and they keep wiping, is it okay to kill the mob?

Here's a few rules that confuse me on this subject.
Under "NO KILL STEALING" : "If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss."
-This makes it seem it is not okay to take the mob (although it doesnt take a guild to spawn the mob).

However, under "NO HOARDING TIKIS"
"After the boss event is over, either succeed or fail, then you must give another group a chance to spawn the next boss."
-This makes it seem as tho a wipe could forfeit rights to the mob.

Just wondering.

Actually those rules seem to be open for interpretation. You also have the 5 minute rule to engage so if someone wipes on a boss and can't engage w/in 5 minutes is it still their boss? You don't need a guild to spawn a tiki boss, what if it's 5 or 6 random players grouping then what? Veredus brings up some good points here and obviously what one person see's the rule as is not the same as another person. No were in the hoarding tiki rules does it say a fail is a boss despawning, it just says loss or fail. You can assume fail is a boss despawning or you can assume fail is a group wiping on the boss.

It almost seems like when Hunter wrote these rules he pictured guilds racing to the content fighting over who gets what like in original EQ which is not the case on this server. How long does a boss stay up before it despawns? If a group spawns a boss, can't kill it and there are there an hour later after multiple wipes do they still have rights to that boss if it hasn't despawned? There's multiple rules that apply here and if Hunter can clarify which one takes priority over the next that'd be great. Or you can just get an instance and not worry about it I guess.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053