Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:44:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update  (Read 130847 times)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 10:20:53 am »

As of this morning's reboot MGB is back down to 30 minutes (yay) but the mask buff is still at 60 minutes with UC2 or with UC3.  Added a screenshot of the item info.  As you can see it says 600 minutes.

It says 600 minutes because MQ2 doesn't show correct buff length for certain spell duration types...

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2014, 10:29:29 am »

As of this morning's reboot MGB is back down to 30 minutes (yay) but the mask buff is still at 60 minutes with UC2 or with UC3.  Added a screenshot of the item info.  As you can see it says 600 minutes.

I'm still investigating buff duration's with spells.

EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2014, 10:59:30 am »

Forgot to post spell file. Built spell file, tested, no go.

Nuts.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 09:13:55 am »

Don't know if it's update related, but weird things :

- i was farming T1-2 crystals yesterday, pulls around 30 mobs with war+6angerV
- gently moving 6 chars between guild and raid instance, some repops of instances

- after a moment, in guild instance (779, raid is 831) noticed some weird moves/lags of the running pack of mob
- long time to kill, needed to move mobs for them to get hit

- at the end, my name was changed to "Rylos000 da Scar" in my char info window and above my head, rest was still "Duluum daScar"
- a dragon (corpse ?) was still standing, but not attacking and renamed "Ornate chest"

- repoped, long time (more than usual), and repop incomplete (only around 85% of mobs, no Emissaries)
- "Duluum daScar" was renamed "Waypoint000 daScar" in the same two spots

- camped Duluum, sent all others toons out of instance for 5 mins
- all came back to normal, farmed one more hour and went to sleep

- today, impossible to log : going to char selection is ok, but kicked to login window after a long time trying to enter world
- tested a char that wasn't in yesterday's group, login okay

- char-moved to Nexus all toons from yesterday, login okay
- sent a toon in both instances, everything seems ok

- camped the toon in guild instance, relogged in, okay

Voila ...

Thank you all for hard work, testing and tunning

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:19:01 am by Duluum » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 09:41:26 am »

Yeah noticed wierd combat rounds where standing there toe to toe attack on and facing mob and nothing happens until I move mob.. we started in flat so no z issues... combat looks wierd waiting for a mob to die at 1-5% and it regens to 20%+..seems like  line of sight issue with no feed back in chat windows unable to see target

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 01:46:55 pm »

Don't know if it's update related, but weird things :

- i was farming T1-2 crystals yesterday, pulls around 30 mobs with war+6angerV
- gently moving 6 chars between guild and raid instance, some repops of instances
- after a moment, in guild instance (779, raid is 831) noticed some weird moves/lags of the running pack of mob
- long time to kill, needed to move mobs for them to get hit

The constant need to move and re-position for mobs is related to a  change the only allows combat to be frontal which is considered (Live-Like), it may need some tweaking though. I would like to hear more from others on this and I will play around with it myself.

- at the end, my name was changed to "Rylos000 da Scar" in my char info window and above my head, rest was still "Duluum daScar"

Not sure what you mean by this

- a dragon (corpse ?) was still standing, but not attacking and renamed "Ornate chest"

This is a bug that has been around regardless of code changes. With the alignment of the stars you sometimes get standing corpses and other oddities.

- repoped, long time (more than usual), and repop incomplete (only around 85% of mobs, no Emissaries)

When you say, repop, are you expecting the entire zone to be completely respawned, not just the existing up spawns recycled?

- "Duluum daScar" was renamed "Waypoint000 daScar" in the same two spots

Huh?

- camped Duluum, sent all others toons out of instance for 5 mins
- all came back to normal, farmed one more hour and went to sleep
- today, impossible to log : going to char selection is ok, but kicked to login window after a long time trying to enter world
- tested a char that wasn't in yesterday's group, login okay
- char-moved to Nexus all toons from yesterday, login okay
- sent a toon in both instances, everything seems ok
- camped the toon in guild instance, relogged in, okay

Not sure this is related to the server

Voila ...

Thank you all for hard work, testing and tunning

No problem, thanks for your feedback

EZ Server GM
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »

On the above post....

I was in hoh last night collecting tokens.   I don't know if there is a difference between what is being displayed on the screen compared to what the actual rule is on the combat.

On my screen my tank was standing right in front of the mobs and not hitting them.  I switched to other characters screens and they all looked the same.  My warrior was in front of them but not hitting them.

I backed up a bit and he started hitting them.   But on my screen now it looked like I was standing way back from them.

I rectified this by changing the stick range in the options of mq2's move utilities.  Instead of playing my warrior manually, I set the stick range value to be smaller than everyone elses.  

It's just seems strange when your looking at the screen and you think you are in front of them but whatever the code is doing thinks your behind them.

Also
I didn't have enough time to test but it seemed like the ae augs were only hitting mobs in front of me as well.  instead of being ae.   it was more just a frontal ae or line of sight

Edit- or it may all be a coincidence and it was just the fact that nothing was hitting them till i moved them. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:43:50 pm by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 03:50:31 pm »

Finally got a chance to play around on server given the new changes, the whole "being in front of them" thing is causing major issues - I'm wiping constantly for no reason, they are in front of me yet I can't hit them and they can wail on me. I pull X in abyss, and I can't seem to hit any of them and the entire train is right in front of me, yet it doesn't register most of the time unless I'm literally up their arse and moving them every kill.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »

I have narrowed down the issue with another developer regarding particular buff durations and Extended Ingenuity.

I have brought up issues regarding the attack/facing problem and I will let you guys know when I know more.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 04:47:57 pm »

On the front of 'Hit boxes' which is what the issue regarding hitting mobs relates to, can someone tell me exact NPC's that they've experienced this issue with so we can have this reproduced and analyzed for adjustment. I've brought this up with the other EQEmu coders.

EZ Server GM
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 05:32:46 pm »

On the front of 'Hit boxes' which is what the issue regarding hitting mobs relates to, can someone tell me exact NPC's that they've experienced this issue with so we can have this reproduced and analyzed for adjustment. I've brought this up with the other EQEmu coders.

I didnt notice it in anguish while i was there but im weak and cant train anguish.  I cant honestly say i have noticed it when just running up to singles killing. 

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 05:46:23 pm »

If I'm being honest I trained HoH for a few hours since the patch and never had an issue. I always moved in a manner to live like state as it makes AoE'ing mobs easier to begin with. On live when you trained stuff around you pretty much always had to drag a little extra to make sure they stacked up correctly and then on larger mobs move in a little if their hitbox was smaller.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

Noticed it in Abyss pretty harshly but HOH was unbelievable. I had Heavens through hell pulled (which might be the problem) but unless I killed one and pulled another in a particular adjustment, It'd just be spam of you cannot see your target.

Update: Tried a smaller pull and still the same issue in HOH.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2014, 12:30:06 am »

Had the same issue in TOFS/HOH/Abyss, etc...

Gnomi brought up to me in game 'dude, you have leviatation on?"

And i was like 'err. fcU*kk'

Yeah, i'm guessing its the lev clicky thats making the new server code hate on us for being in front of mobs...

Worth looking into at least.. and makes sense. cuz obv ppl have lev on in abyss and tofs like 100% of the time...

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2014, 12:52:34 am »

Used to be a horizontal axis bug, and it was BAD. Worse on large sized classes. Lev would completely screw large melee, and underwater was a nightmare. Maybe somehow Sony's fix for this (whatever that was) was removed, or something similar happened with new DB. Or.....maybe its with MQ2 only?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 191