Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:13:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EZ Update - T11, Recent Changes  (Read 1944 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2024, 09:22:42 pm »

Quick Updates
Wanted to post a quick update about some recent changes that have made their way to EZ, as well as a T11 Update, and some persistent bugs.

T11 Update

Sarthin and I continue to work feverishly on T11 - Kael Drakkel, and can almost see the finish line. As previously posted, we need as many T10+ players as possible to jump into (Live server) Dragon Necropolis, and do their best against the NPC's there, so we can try to hit a reasonable tuning spot prior to release. While it's completely possible that we could shoot low or high on tuning, with more feedback, we have a better chance of getting it right. It will likely release overtuned, and be scaled back as needed, but we don't want it so difficult that people are deterred. Which leads me into: don't overreact to anything in T11 within the first couple weeks of release. There is no way to account for everything, and there is no way for everything to be so fully tested that changes or fixes need to be made. T11 is a fully fleshed out Tier. There a number of quests and items above and beyond just the progression aspect, and I think it will be an exciting addition to EZ's progression. Sarthin has dedicated hundreds of hours to this development, poring over every detail, and refining everything to be as smooth as possible. I think you'll like it (I mean, you're gonna die...a lot....but you know, enjoyably.)

Bugs

There have been a few bugs reported lately, primarily an issue with pet procs not doing any damage, and an issue with Auras not working. Both of these issues seem to be at a server code level, but an immediate solution is not likely. I am not going to work on a big work around for either of these issues at this time, as hopefully the EQ Emulator devs can fix the issues in server code.

Recent Changes

Quick comments on some recent changelog activity:

• Monk/Berserker Epic Augment (10) was revamped - these only effect the 10th level Epic Augment, as balancing DPS through lower tiers simply isn't worth the time right now. Both changes resulted in DPS increases, specifically Monk's Tiger Claw combat ability sees a significant increase in damage, so make sure that's worked into your combat spam key. Obviously some other classes need some tuning as well, but we don't want to do it in a hasty fashion, so they will happen when time permits.

• Idol of the Jailed had it's Twincast effect removed, and nuke damage increased to compensate. This is related to giving us headroom on spell effects that we need to have available for upgrades going forward. Twincast is powerful, but between a few overtuned item effects, it was already becoming too inflated.

• Curious Creation I/II/III - This change was a spell effect switch, as the previous version would not properly stack with other spell effects in use, and resulted in little to no benefit. This should be better now.

• Stonewall Reduction - Stonewall (melee damage mitigation) is an incredibly powerful spell effect, and simply cannot be tuned for if it's allowed to be used to it's fullest effect. As most know, Warriors max out at 79% stonewall, but with varying buffs and abilities, could previously get to 99% stonewall rating (mitigating 99% of incoming melee damage - basically unkillable), before it was previously reduced to a maximum of 85%. This is also too high to tune for. Players have found that by chain casting Tower of Vie spells, and varying which ranks you cast, you could maintain 85% pretty easily over the course of a difficult fight, or pull. While the difference between 79% and 85% doesn't seem that big, in reality it is a huge advantage, and again, impossible to tune for. As such, stonewall's maximum effective percentage has been reduced again to 81%. We aren't just trying to make everything more difficult, but our longer term plans require that players can't trivialize encounters through this mechanic.

There have been a few other things here and there, but nothing of major consequence.

Admin Team

Sarthin and I have been working on T11 together, and as I expected when I asked him to join me as a developer, we're working very well together. I have some experience he can lean on when he needs it, but he also has the freedom to work out issues on his own when he feels like he can. Our thoughts and ideas are very similar, and we both have a passion for EZ, and developing quality content for all of you. T11 is just a start, and while Sarthin has certainly been burning the candle at both ends trying to get T11 out, we will both find our natural pace, and continue with future content together. My focus will shift back to Dragonscale Hills (T12) once we get T11 out the door, while Sarthin will begin the outlining and brainstorming process for a new 'Halloween' zone.  Everything comes in due time, but it's an exciting time for EZ. Akkadius' support of our work is unwavering, and we'll continue to make sure we earn that.

For Sarthin & Akkadius,

-Draca
                   EZ Admin Team

TEST IN NECROPOLIS!!!!11!

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 05:25:11 pm »

Additional Change:

• Auspice of the Hunter, the item click buff from leather Sunderock boots, was previously being boosted by the Earring of the Mystic Ages buff; Painfully Gorgeous. This interaction has been removed. Both buffs remain as they were, but EoMA will not multiply Auspice as before.

We understand that many people see these type of changes as unnecessary nerfs, but part of class balancing is correcting issues that can wildly affect the effectiveness of certain classes. Now, more than ever during my time, and in large part thanks to Sarthin's input and testing, we have a clear picture of where we want classes to fall, and are working to make that a reality, but when imbalances present themselves, they must be dealt with.

-Draca

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053