Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:05:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sharpclaw  (Read 9423 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2017, 02:24:46 am »

If it's purely based on a percentage chance when going though a portal it's way, way too low. I've gone through so so so many portals for no reason whatsoever except to spawn this guy and nada. At this rate I will finish everything in T10 including UA before he spawns. Not good.

The odds of sharpclaw being spawned should be greatly increased. If you want to prevent the soul quest from being completed by keeping this as a ridiculous bottleneck, simply decrease the odds of him dropping a soul. This way at least its not a complete and ridiculous waste of time / random big benefit for folks who just get lucky.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:35:50 am »

He already has a reduced chance of dropping a soul. It sucks even harder when you spawn him and he drops nothing. I ended up paying 100 million plat for his soul.....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:41:56 am »

would you agree that in every quest with a great item there must be a ridiculous grind aspect?

if not, the reward item is easily obtained and everyone gets it and starts looking for a new quest for a new item.

the rate is not meant to be a rage quit item, but this is this guest's bottleneck

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:40:01 pm »

would you agree that in every quest with a great item there must be a ridiculous grind aspect?

if not, the reward item is easily obtained and everyone gets it and starts looking for a new quest for a new item.

the rate is not meant to be a rage quit item, but this is this guest's bottleneck

While i agree with your point Rent, i also see value  in Godtanks suggestion that perhaps up his spawn rate while lowering the soul drop rate for an overall neutral impact on soul drops but net increase in the sanity of those farming it. Farming Svart sucks but each spawn of Tser i get gives me hope.....even when svart doesnt follow.

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:08:10 pm »

I get the points on both sides - My experience is that Sharpclaw isnt as hard as that - Granted he takes time, granted he takes effort, but I recon the time invested to be well worth - Its a very strong aug.

That said, nerfing drop rate to gain more spawns seems a loss - The drop is pretty rare already, and spawning him is well within most people's reach.

Also keep in mind, the quest is not tied to progression (yet), as far as I can tell its optional.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:44:59 pm by Ekiir » Logged

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 03:59:53 pm »

Also keep in mind, the quest is not tied to progression (yet), as far as I can tell its optional.

true

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 08:39:18 pm »

All these Sharpclaw posts remind me about people constantly  bitching about Zerka...of course I would always welcome the cries with a quick link to my bagged Zerka axe just to rub salt in the wound.
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 10:20:11 pm »

You better check your bag again fool... I robbed you!

Mix
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 03:38:11 pm »

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »

I just got him to spawn 10 times in a row, dropped the soul every time /scratches head

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:20 am »

I just got him to spawn 10 times in a row, dropped the soul every time /scratches head

On the test server Wink

synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 11:20:33 am »

well, after chasing and running thru portals for the last 2 hours, I finally managed to spawn my first Sharpclaw (Yay me!).

However the celebration was short lived as there were no Sharpclaw souls to be had.

Question to the ones who have spawned him several times, does he exclusively spawn off portals or can he be spawned off Bandits (since he is a Bandit boss after all).

Thanks!

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Peign
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 11:52:42 am »

There is no Sharpclaw, let them eat cake.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »

I spent a lot of time in t10....my only experience is from portals....even after having completed this quest (paid 100 million plat for the soul) I still think his soul drop rate should be increased...the pita of just having him spawn is insane...on a side note the best way to get him to spawn is to use public zone don't waste your time in a private instance.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 07:19:15 pm »

I spent a lot of time in t10....my only experience is from portals....even after having completed this quest (paid 100 million plat for the soul) I still think his soul drop rate should be increased...the pita of just having him spawn is insane...on a side note the best way to get him to spawn is to use public zone don't waste your time in a private instance.

Thats just sad, since I bet there wont be anyone who would be selling his soul anytime soon.

I did spawn him on public and thats it, tried again for an hour last night, nothing.

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988