Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:30:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88457 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24:40 pm »

And T8 without a FWP is....ugly. Same with ToFS, really....especially since the money's gone from ToFS. But on the bright side....T9 without a FWP is a non issue, really....and T10....well, you know about that.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »

Now that I will grant you....kicking the cash up a bit in T5 would help newer players considerably. I can see not doing cash in ToFS (by the time you need to REALLY farm ToFS cash isnt as big of an issue, FWP or no) but for players trying to get through T5 it can get pricey.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2016, 06:09:43 am »

I don't see a problem increasing the plat bag drop rate, but I never had a problem making instances for anyone without a FWP. Unless that attitude has changed in the months since, I would think most players could ask a friend or ask in OOC for a few extra instances. T5 respawn is not that long when you're at level.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:11:22 am by Leis » Logged

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2016, 06:17:47 am »

Now that I will grant you....kicking the cash up a bit in T5 would help newer players considerably. I can see not doing cash in ToFS (by the time you need to REALLY farm ToFS cash isnt as big of an issue, FWP or no) but for players trying to get through T5 it can get pricey.

For a someone, like me, who dont have a FWP. This is a big plus Smiley

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2016, 07:53:04 am »

I think I should clarify that t5 instance cost sucks once you are close to finishing. repopping instances over and over again just to get specific mobs/triggers. So based on that i'd say plat drops in t5 are fine where they are. As people have mentioned already, T5 is basically a gut check and sits at a perfect spot. If you are having plat issues while doing t5 then you aren't pulling enough mobs to make up for the cost of the instance and lets face, you probably need a lot more essences anyway so just go pull more.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2016, 07:31:06 pm »

What do you like about gear progression upgrades and what would you like to see more of.

I would also like to see UW augs for slots 3 type 28 and slot 5 type 30(on a warrior) and slot 2 type 27 slot 5 type 30 (on a bard) slot 3 type 28 and slot 5 type 30 (on a pally)...those are some examples...but you cant fill every slot currently on any toon with an UW for some reason.

An idea....the Amplify Vulnerability UW aug (have one on my bard) is slot 28...could make that war usable as well.....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2016, 12:49:28 pm »

Hey all!

Would you like to see an alternative entirely to T10? What would that challenge look like to you (Again, a previous tier style? Dungeon crawl?)

Thinking about this (and I may have commented and said this already i don't remember).....I think this is a valid idea, as far as a new zone, if we can instance it...break it down so that you go to x zone for clothies...x zone for plate...x zone for leather....x zone for chain...but that sounds like a WHOLE lot of programming. Maybe a whole new zone that can be instanced w/o all the server hoisting deal that the current is and allows for the mob triggers to actually work...but mainly for instancing.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2016, 01:58:22 pm »

Could take the triggers out completely. Make current T10 a faction zone only. Once you reach an ally faction level you are flagged for a gear zone. That zone would be a dungeon crawl like Frostcrypt or soltaris style zone. The gear zone would be instanced allowable and drop the essences as well. Then after you are fully geared, you become flagged for an epic encounter similar to what 3.0 is. Single boss, various stage encounter resulting in epic material for your upgrade.

Would keep T10 an open non instanced zone with grouping if needed and allow those who have done the work enjoy a raid-able style zone. Not a tank / spank encounters. Off tanking, % balance mobs, etc. 

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »

t10 is doeable as it is...lets either erase it and start over...pissing off all of us who have ground the shit out of it....or move on and do something cool for t11...nerfing the shit out of it is just going to be a long annoying thing that know one is ever going to be happy with.

I am nearing the end of the armor grind on my main toon having done it 95% solo.... I have to say that in the future we should all put our heads together and come up with something reasonable that will challenge us..and not be such a horrible grind fest... I need like less than 200 more orcs to finish my bP and I dont really feel anything but....well...frustration with how will all of the accessories....and all the armor and buffs...its just a grind... and my alt toons? they are thousands of kills behind just from the constant dieing/rezzing that is part of this zone....I really dont know if I will even bother to finsh them all or what ....I am less than 100 plaugborne into my quest so that looks like it going to suck...and to what point really?

not trying to be debbie downer but...burnout is real
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:30:11 am by balidet » Logged

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2016, 11:01:22 am »

not trying to be debbie downer but...burnout is real

It's pretty pointless to even play once you finish T10 armor and accessories. Going back in to just kill mindlessly in hopes to spawn a plagueborn is lame. The T10 mini kinda sucks because it only lets 6 in.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2016, 01:31:26 pm »

I have been finished with gear/accessories  for MONTHS now and only sitting at 230ish plagueborn kills....plagueborns suck!

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2016, 04:49:36 pm »

when starting Helloween event this year any news about that ?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »

Anyway to bring out Tink Mask in Sleeper's Tomb?  Cool

Or here's another idea!  Make class specific quests (like the SoA/EoBA/UW/etc) you could have a mask that can be auged with different types of questable illusions.....although adding Tink Mask in ST would still be awesome sauce!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:39:51 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2016, 04:05:05 pm »

I read through all of this thread a few times, there were quite a few decent suggestions.

But for a good half or majority of the thread it was about T5 and T10 which is not new content or ideas. I like the suggestions and conversation that was brought as a result of it though.

In my mind, T5 is fine, a mini wouldn't hurt to bring back for it and since the loopholes are gone in the expedition core code it since it was heavily brushed over in the past few months - wouldn't be terrible to bring it back.

My biggest next question is going to be, if you guys want to keep T10 in its current form, what would make it a desirable zone to play in? I see a lot of different things in the T10/BugsProblems/Questions thread, but since discussion is queued up in here I am asking here.

Some people have mentioned upping player count on the T10 mini, some people have mentioned T10 traps - if I were to make T10 viable in my mind I would have to continue and do a complete comb through since there is a lot going on and quite a few things that I have seen broke and not obvious to players.

A zone should be a challenge to players, but it shouldn't be such a far stretch with diminishing rewards that you experience burnout and dread playing, that kind of defeats the purpose of playing and will make people quit before they reach a T11. The trick is a the closest sane balance of both worlds. Regardless you're going to have a grind, that's part of the game. As much as people complain it is the reality of it - but how you break up that grind can at least keep things more entertaining instead of dreadful.

I've had some players provide lists of things in regards to T10. Maslow has been nice enough to compile this information:

What works:

-- The changes made to reduce lag seemed to have worked well, experiencing minimal lag issues as long as the map is adjusted accordingly.    Thank you for that.
-- The overall concept of T10 is great, the factions and grind are nice.    Definitely a challenge and it is nice that it is not spoonfed.
-- The quest dialog is solid and enjoyable and provides a nice level of immersion

Constructive Criticism  -  Issues

Boss Spawns:   There are several bosses that have not spawned since beta.   Also, bosses such as the Beast of Burden do not appear to be triggered.    Unfortunately, the Beast of Burden is required for armor progression.   That fact that it currently cannot be triggered means players must be online when the boss spawns (2x per day) and be able to get it to acquire armor.     

If possible, can you or another dev review the boss triggers and refactor them so that they can indeed be triggered?    It would be nice to be able to trigger the Sarnak bosses so we can acquire armor during a farming session vice 2x per day.    I think a code review (if not already performed would be value added)

-- Uses RNG as a huge crutch

-- Loot distribution via raid level RNG:  When you drop a boss that loot is distributed randomly to whatever toon in the raid that is eligible.   This pretty much goes against the concept of pretty much any mmorpg ever (to include EZ Potimea - T9).   Players need/want finite control of loot distribution, as we all know gearing up certain role players make the group stronger.   In addition, due to the "raiding" nature of the zone, the random loot distribution eliminates the use of any DKP type system, which again is typical in pretty much every mmo ever.   I mean my lazy bard gets phat loots and only shows up to raid 1/4 of the time.   The accessories are also distributed randomly.    My SK has 0 need for a healing shield, absolutely 0. 

-- Traps:   Meh, is this really needed?

-- PKs:    Meh, are they really needed?    We donated for fastest travel only to have it countered at every turn. 

-- Pathing:   Have seen mobs path underground or take odd paths back to camp (similar to T8)

-- Boss Loot:   I've seen bosses drop 0 loot except a plat bag or diamond.  Is this by design?  If so, it would be nice if it could be refactored so  we could get some type of loot that will enhance group members (spell, weapon, essence, anything).   If not, it may be a bug.    Players of mmos are like rats hitting levers for pellets,  we will hit the levers, just need the pellets.    We have seen numerous occasions where Orc Thundermaker does not drop any loot and or give armor.   This has occurred when we had multiple toons with armor quests in raid.    Can this be reviewed?

-- Accessories:   Accessories are currently given in a random order.   Can this be refactored so that we can select the accessories we want?   A warrior does not need/cannot use a healing shield, likewise a shaman does not need/cannot use a warrior shield.

-- Epic Quest:    1000 PBs seems just a tad bit too much.   I understand that we want to stretch content, but 1000 is a high number.    I've finished T10 armor on my main tank and other toons are close to being done and am at only 35/1000 complete.    3.5% complete after over a month of hardcore grinding seems a tad off. 

Potential Solution to RNG:   The RNG loot issue could be resolved by having loot dropped on the leaders,  1-X  no drop faction armor token per kill.    Those tokens could then be turned into the appropriate faction leader for eligible armor.    Seems to me that this would follow suit with the rest of EZ and allow us to use DKP and or have finite control over loot distribution. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:08:42 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2016, 04:36:58 pm »

-- Loot distribution via raid level RNG:  When you drop a boss that loot is distributed randomly to whatever toon in the raid that is eligible.   This pretty much goes against the concept of pretty much any mmorpg ever (to include EZ Potimea - T9).   Players need/want finite control of loot distribution, as we all know gearing up certain role players make the group stronger.   In addition, due to the "raiding" nature of the zone, the random loot distribution eliminates the use of any DKP type system, which again is typical in pretty much every mmo ever.   I mean my lazy bard gets phat loots and only shows up to raid 1/4 of the time.   The accessories are also distributed randomly.    My SK has 0 need for a healing shield, absolutely 0. 

Raid loot is not random at all... it goes in order of how you have your raid set up.....t00n 1 gets loot ....if toon1 is not ready then toon2 gets armor token....ext ext... it just goes in order... its not random at all...   you want to gear up a certain toon you make him raid leader and he gets it...every time...

I would like to see the bosses spawn from killing other triggers as they do now but NOT in a fixed location....I want them to spawn where the trigger dies.... so you cant "camp" the orc armor boss by just sitting on the hill afk why someone else kills the triggers for you.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232