Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:10:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pet Survivability  (Read 12924 times)
Microdia

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:38:21 pm »

As I'm progressing my beastlord up past t1 there have been numerous times when a few rampages and aoes kill my pet before I can even get a heal off.  We need some more pet durability in those situations.  Without a pet, we're useless.  More hp?  Class armor clicky HP buffs?  Something.
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10:26 pm »

cast feral guard, a lot and always and your pet will be fine unless it's attacking from the front/tanking (pets arn't supported to tank in t1 stuff, even though a bst pet can solo t1 trash in like 5 seconds)
Microdia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:43 am »

I dont want to have to stop every 10 seconds to cast feral guard.  I understand I should be careful and watch my pet's health at all times, which is fine, within reason. I'd rather not have to babysit him the entire fight when I could be doing other things.
Keto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:13:45 am »

I dont want to have to stop every 10 seconds to cast feral guard.  I understand I should be careful and watch my pet's health at all times, which is fine, within reason. I'd rather not have to babysit him the entire fight when I could be doing other things.

then honestly beastlord might not be the class for you.
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:17:41 am »

It's rather rare you'd actually have to cast feral guard more than once a minute, but it's safer to cast it on cooldown, twice a minute. It makes it so you never have to heal (assuming there is some minor kind of group heals going on to take care of ae magic damage).

Your pet is so much more damage than anything else you could possibly do that the 2 seconds to cast feral guard is the best 2 seconds you could possibly spend.
♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 01:36:30 pm »

I have a BL I use in T1 basically if you throw your pet in the back of the target and keep group heals such as cleric chain casting group heal or pally's proc your pet won't die and won't have an issue in T1. Honestly I have never casted feral guard on my T1 BL.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 12:34:26 am »

They just dont have enough hps.  The 4.0 pets were bumped up considerably but they sill need some decent healing.  The upside is when you get the Hulkamania spell they are little bad assed gangstas.

Poop
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 12:39:26 am »

Just curious I here BL cg pet is hella high damage output. How is shaman pet compare for taking damage? And why is a BL pet more uber for the cg then shamans. You would think the shaman cg pet would be slightly stronger and more damage then BL pet since shamans are basically lacking damage output on this server. They can't melee like a BL can, they got some dots but they get resisted often and are to low damage to even compare to BL melee output alone.

Not trolling your thread Op I was just wondering this since I started here.
Microdia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 04:51:10 am »

CG pet is the same for everyone.  It's just a click summon ring.  No pet will ever beat the bst pet at this moment.  The CG pet is about equal to any level 70 pet classes final pet spell non epic.  Shamans on the other hand do have their DoT focus, which can add in the extra damage you may be looking for just by DoT stacking while using a pet.  By no means are pets meant to take hits t1+....they just dont have the HP.  T1+ you have to be extremely careful when using pets, one wrong mob turn, or few bad rampages and your pet is dead before heals land.  Suspended Minion is the pet classes best friend.
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 03:41:12 am »

Interestingly enough I just killed the Akanon boss for the new Assassin quest and kept wondering...Where the HELL is my 3.0 pet. Turns out even with 2 pallys in my grp and fire swords and full self buffage he was getting completely owned. I popped a pocket pet, readied for spam healing.....squish. GGRRR. On a whim I used my caster guild ring and made a shroom dude... tossed em some buffage and sent him into the heat of battle. That lil bastard lived the remainder of the fight. We're talking 25 minutes of the same crap that ate the living jebus out of my 3.0 pet at least 5 times over.

My question to you masters of the beasts is simply......

WTF?

Smiley

Deadend
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 03:52:10 am »

Did you have your pets on the backside?

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 11:27:30 am »

Yeah both pets were released from the same point. Both positioned behind.

Deadend
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 12:22:10 pm »

I am interested in the issue of pet survivability as well.  I was wondering if mage summoned pet items with retuned stats might help.  I am not sure if there is a way to make sure they aren't used to buff up lvl 1 pets though.

I do know that the gap between 3.0 in t1-2 and getting the 3.5pet in t3 and pet buff spells is large and hard to get through in the current phase of pets.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:45 pm »

It's the root casting that they do. It gets them unwanted attention.

Balthor2
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 08:33:45 pm »

If mage pets didn't cast root that would be win/
*hint - hint*
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva