Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:45:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Post-T10 Grocery List! 12-2-15  (Read 66535 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2015, 03:40:51 pm »

Ok, mass reply time!

Darpey - Yes, Stonewall change would require mob damage reduction or EZ becomes unplayable. This is expected and will be handled.

WatchYouDie - There is not an easy way to just ..."cap" Stonewall. Each individual mitigation check would likely require a check for a rule value. Given that we're so far off of "live", I doubt the EQEMU ladies/gents/ragers would appreciate more extreme custom code. (Not that I care...but I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to unnecessarily bloat the code for unnecessary checks)

Expletus - If you are using the absolute highest rank of Yamakagi's...that's likely why. The mana cost is explosively expensive so you can use the highest damage at the highest cost or a lower damage amount for a more 'affordable' cost.

Stikkan - Earring of the ___ Ages is a DPS item, plain and simple. UWs need some love and review. I'm still really wanting to class-lock the UWs to prevent the issue of zero crits on items that cannot be natively used (i.e. 2hs monk).

Kruciel - Bear form too big? Noted. I'll see what can be done to remedy this. Wink

Brixu - I probably need to bring up the epics as a whole in their own, full thread. Some of them feel "lacking" still. Some of them feel ..."ridiculous" (looking at you pally healing aug).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2015, 03:44:21 pm »

Also, added new "project" (adding more range items to all tiers).

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2015, 04:14:35 pm »

Guess I am weird....I thought PoP was a sack of shit, poorly thought out, not completed and patched together with chicken wire and duct tape. HATED PoP.....but then more than a few who did it early did.

Velious to date was the best expac live EQ has seen. Not opinion, fact. Those raids and exp zones took you to school more than anything before or since. After Velious I liked Omens, especially Anguish. Fantastic raid zone, and the flagging trials to gain access to Anguish were fun!

More Velious, if we have to use old zones! Skyshrine has so much potential, and you could do a lot with Dragon Necropolis, Sirens Grotto....and especially with Sleepers.

But this is semi off topic.....dont think T11 is something we need to discuss for a while at least Cheesy As for large zones....love em. There's a lot that can be done with em. I like Sunderock, TBH....and except for the stupid spiral shape I like T7.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »

(looking at you pally healing aug)

That may be the single most terrifying statement you've made on these forums.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Thos

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2015, 05:06:48 pm »

If stonewall does get nerfed it would be nice if there was a look at making SK and paladin tanking a legitimate option as well.  They should certainly be behind warriors but the gap right now seems to be pretty massive.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2015, 05:13:17 pm »

If stonewall does get nerfed it would be nice if there was a look at making SK and paladin tanking a legitimate option as well.  They should certainly be behind warriors but the gap right now seems to be pretty massive.

The gap isn't actually that massive. Somewhere on these forums, when I changed up SK/PAL/WAR stonewall values, they are only 10% behind (iirc). A lot of people tend to reach for the easiest option. If you give an SK or PAL the same love that WARs receive, I expect them to be VERY competitive (if not outright stronger in certain areas).

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »

Yes sir i know this. However the point i was making is the ease of melee vs ease of caster. Mana shouldnt be an issue post t6 for a wizard. I dont ever remember running oom on druid shaman cleric or enchanter.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:22 pm »

I have added a max SOA to my Paladin in an effort to keep my main melee healer alive and with similar resists/ROA he lasts about 3 seconds after the tank goes down.....thats with all his self buffs up and IG pet....

I could agrue that he does not have a max UW but I dont feel this will have a strong effect on his suitability as a tank...

so I say to you no sir...

paladins are not comparable to a warrior.

they lack agro control in any real form they lack any kind of /ohshitdisc they just lack..

If you remove or reduce the stonewall by even a small % in t10 we will all have to go back to the drawing board (save those few mad souls who have 10 maxed of each class ready to go) and bring in MORE healing...

I currently run a pally and 2 clerics and a druid to keep my very nearly maxed out tank up...

I would say no thank you to this change...

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2015, 05:53:56 pm »

I have added a max SOA to my Paladin in an effort to keep my main melee healer alive and with similar resists/ROA he lasts about 3 seconds after the tank goes down.....thats with all his self buffs up and IG pet....

The part in red, this leads me to believe you're using the healing augment. If you're using the one that doesn't give you mitigation bonuses, are you really surprised? If I left ALL of the stonewall on Kaldar's Helping Hand, they would be GODLY strong healers.

I could agrue that he does not have a max UW but I dont feel this will have a strong effect on his suitability as a tank...

so I say to you no sir...

paladins are not comparable to a warrior.

they lack agro control in any real form they lack any kind of /ohshitdisc they just lack..

Dread Gaze > Anger IV
Dread Gaze > Anger V

If you remove or reduce the stonewall by even a small % in t10 we will all have to go back to the drawing board (save those few mad souls who have 10 maxed of each class ready to go) and bring in MORE healing...

I currently run a pally and 2 clerics and a druid to keep my very nearly maxed out tank up...

I would say no thank you to this change...

As stated twice now, stonewall goes down and mob damage goes down. They go hand in hand. :-)

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2015, 09:12:57 am »

But this is semi off topic.....dont think T11 is something we need to discuss for a while at least Cheesy

We do. T9->T10 took far too long. Even though a lot of it was me testing the limits of what I could safely do within the EQEMU "framework", building and destroying a lot....it was too long and will not happen again.

-Hate

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2015, 12:24:14 pm »

Thank you for the recent updates Hateborne.  If you get some time I was wondering if you could share your ideas behind keeping T10 from being instanced.  This isn't meant as a flame question.  I am more curious as to the thought process behind it.  Is the zone structured in a way to accommodate 15+ various boxes/raids?  Is it a resource issue?  Is it about bringing the server out of their little fox hole instances?  Something to do with the design?

Again, not meant as a flame.  Just curious.

And as always, thank you for the time you put into this unpaid time consuming hobby.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2015, 02:07:27 pm »

I like the way you posed that question.

Keeze
dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2015, 09:08:58 pm »

Maybe we could add V1 charm upgrades to tofs7 ? or maybe just charm prisms?
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2015, 07:38:02 am »

Maybe we could add V1 charm upgrades to tofs7 ? or maybe just charm prisms?

Maybe I'm starting to suffer from the walking to school up hill both ways thing, but I don't think we need charm upgrades to drop from any new places, they seem to drop like candy already.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2015, 11:21:40 am »

Thank you for the recent updates Hateborne.  If you get some time I was wondering if you could share your ideas behind keeping T10 from being instanced.  This isn't meant as a flame question.  I am more curious as to the thought process behind it.  Is the zone structured in a way to accommodate 15+ various boxes/raids?  Is it a resource issue?  Is it about bringing the server out of their little fox hole instances?  Something to do with the design?

Again, not meant as a flame.  Just curious.

And as always, thank you for the time you put into this unpaid time consuming hobby.

It was not taken as a flame question. You asked politely, clearly, and suggested why you think I might have made this decision without claiming to "know" why it was done.

Firstly, the zone is big and incredibly resource hungry. It's not to say that we couldn't allow a few instances of it, but it is built in a way that instancing (especially instances started and left empty) would continue spitting out mobs per scripts, but never killed (since the zone is in 'limbo'). This results in players re-entering instances to find 1k+ mobs. 700-800 mobs is where Sunderock floats currently and it's taxing for some players. 1k+ would be devastating for all but people playing < 3 clients.

Second, the loot and trigger system is aimed at fairly large numbers. Even a small group CAN succeed, but a large group or multiple small groups will EXCEL. I've nearly got the rest of the triggers converted to scaling values, so it will "ebb and flow" with the number of players in the zone. The sheer size of the zone makes it less than ideal, if not downright impossible for a small 6p group to progress reasonably. This sounds completely outside of the EZ mindset, but the EZ mindset of "instances only" actually is relatively new in the lifespan of EZ. It's a comfortable and easy mindset, but it's relatively new to EZ's 'style' (if you will).

Third and finally, Hunter and I discussed this zone as a large and no-instance zone after T8 was 'conquered'. We wanted a large zone with interconnected races and fights. A lot of the "danger" was removed before release as the camp invasions, camp "bombings", zone wide events, and other such things did end up causing massive issues and "broke" the zone. Not to mention the undead in T9 were so ...'well' received. So far, minus the failings of my ability to script, Kruciel and a few others seem to be enjoying the difficulty and odd cooperative nature of the zone. It's still going with me trying to patch up what I can (with nearly 10d of me being gone to real-life drama) to get T10 as close to perfect as possible.

Hopefully that shed some light on the decision. It wasn't just "lol no instances scrubs", but a considered and pondered decision that Hunter and I made. This isn't to say all future zones will be this way, nor will there be any guarantee that another like this will occur. It was more of honoring an agreement with a great friend and trying something new for EZ (as every 5 tiers are the ballbreakers).

-Hate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988