Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:12:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Weapon skins on higher tiers  (Read 14652 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 05:21:14 pm »

I think your damage should come from strike augs...if you want white damage go with UW. Strike augs (with the UC of appropriate tier) add a WHOLE heap of damage.  What I see here is someone wanting to reinvent the wheel.

To be honest what I do see is someone who wants to increase white damage because they are in t10 and dps is slow because that person didnt take the time to do something as simple as a UCv2 (which is the EASIEST upgrade to heal/spell damage you can get!).....your lack of motivation to appropriately gear your toon is noone else's fault but your own.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:25:22 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 11:48:45 am »

no this affects everyone, from T1 on up.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 02:06:27 pm »

I must be out of the loop, has something changed to make it more  difficult to advance through the lower tiers that warrants a total revamp of what's been working for years?  I was under the impression that the upgrade paths that already exist were entirely sufficient and reflective of the intended rate of progress.  Color me skewed, but how is arbitrarily raising white damage on weapon skins fixing anything?  Or is this request just an attempt to get something without trading something off in return?
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 03:51:19 pm »

no this affects everyone, from T1 on up.

With appropriate UC and strike augs the content is pretty easy as is?  Are you asking to have white damage upped and strike aug damage reduced?  There has to be a give and take here...you can't have both.  You also don't know if there is something else lined up further up the pipe that may change things later on.....once again i don't see where there is anything to complain about IF you are keeping up with each tiers strike augs and ultimate charm....unless you just want to smack the crap out of a mob and see HUGE numbers for each hit.  If that's the case...get an UW

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 08:37:35 pm »

As a veteran I have no knowledge of how difficult the lower tiers are these days. I assume they are as hard as they were when I originally did them. Since us vets always use our uber toons to rofl stomp old zones it's easy to assume they are "easy" when in reality they are anything but - when being done for the first time with zero support.

That said I do agree white damage on skins is laughably low and could be looked it, but personally I would want to see a small decline in strike damage to counteract any increase. A lot of other stuff should probably be done before this though imo.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 08:58:47 pm »

Only problem Godtank, they arent as hard.  With all the uber buffs that are available, almost every hour, the content is rather laughable now....so to say that you need to see big hits....maybe I can see this if we were to level limit buffs DRASTICALLY and then look at upping white damage and retarding strike damage.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 12:09:50 am »

Given the other recent thread of newer players actually complaining that it is too easy and they would prefer a bit more of a challenge, i dont think the earlier tiers are that hard....unless you make it difficult on yourself by not gearing up key items.

I believe this thread started out primarily as a complaint that white damage was low and there is no reason to looking forward to the new weapons from tier to tier. I would agree with this but i think its been covered pretty well that 1.) its not as easy as just upping white damage and 2.) a major re-work is not worth it for this reason alone.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 01:27:33 am »

I for one don't think there should be any changes to what we have now, too much work to balance everything back out for something that is working fine.
That being said it would be cool if there was a second set of weapons in each tier that were just melee dmg weapons without an aug slot. Something that would be a bit more dps than the strike augs from previous tiers but not as good as using strike augs for the current tier. This way people get to play around with actual melee dps but it still wouldn't be as good as UW or even the strike augs (unless you take the time to work on the few melee dmg modifiers in game to get more dps than the augs).
Like I said though, it would be cool. It's not something that would be worth putting too much effort in to.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 02:52:03 am »

As I've said before, no T10 folks can say early tiers are "easy" today unless they level up a new group with exactly zero support from the other toons in their arsenal - today. Zero gear, zero plat, no knowledge of the game, zero buffs and of course, no uber war killing everything for them. I don't know why folks don't understand this basic requirement. No T10 folks do this, because it would be a colossal waste of time when it's approximately 1,000x easier to use our shit to some degree or other.

We can't just say "they have buffs!" and call it easy - it's not even remotely accurate. Besides the fact that buffs for lowbies were nerfed, T1-10 was hard as shit for me, and I suspect it's the same for anyone else doing it for the first time unless they are Orthanos and all games are a joke apparently. EZ is still anything but easy for new players (it's hard AF). To this day, having finished T10 armor on GT, I can say without hesitation I'm still sure we lose way way way more players to burnout than to, "I won and now I quit." I'd be curious if Akka could show us server pop active and inactive by percent of lvl 79, 78, 77, 76 etc. I bet the vast majority of inactive are lvl 73, 74 or some such and not 78, 79.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:50:45 am by warrior5 » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 08:18:14 am »

Nah. A year or so ago I was told there was no way you could get a group of 6 to 70 with no help in a normal single session, so I ran through a group with absolutely no help from my older chars....NO buffs from other players, just a war, a cleric, a chanter, 2 zerks and a monk. Was very easy. Considerably more so than when I started. I went through to 70 and farming time gear less than 5 hours after I started the characters. A day later I was in CT and a day after that I was in T1.

One thing I could NOT avoid, though, was knowledge. I knew how to maximize what I had, I knew how to get the most out of the zone I was in....but arguably with all the wiki info and whatnot readily available any player starting from scratch does to an extent as well.

If its somehow "hard AF" you are either doing it wrong or can claim Warcrap was your first MMO.

But even when I started (2009) it wasnt hard here. It was pretty easy. Just far more time consuming farming some things because no instance system like EZ has now, and boxing wasnt as "simple out of the box" as it is now. I went through playing a warrior and boxing a shaman, no MQ2, with a few friends helping. Again, simple, not much of a challenge other than just spending the time. Only challenge spots back then were Kronos, Shadow (his regen was ridiculous, as were the old AE effects he had) then, later,  Warlord (always hated Death Touch).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:23:32 am by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:24 am »

As for the amount of players who fall off mid tiers....how is that different from any other MMO?? Its ALWAYS that way, has been since I started playing these games in '97 (well, 93 if you count AOL's NWN)....and its seldom because of how hard the game is. People decide its not what they wanted....they decide they dont like the player base....or, and this according to Massively is the NUMBER ONE reason players quit before end game: they get bored. The game doesnt hold their interest, for a variety of reasons, but top in the list is that its just not challenging.

I'd been trying to hold on for a long time, but T9 killed me. I walked into the zone with T8 gear, ONE UC3 in my team and a single UW (7) on my warrior. I could just about solo three trash mobs even with that gear. Within 2 hours in I was mass pulling one to two dozen mobs at a time. After upgrading to a UW10 and getting full T9 armor I was soloing the undead swarm. It was pathetically easy. Granted it didnt start that way, but Hate and Hunter's fixes to some of the issues went overboard.

Then T10 hit. Loved how hard the mobs hit, loved what seemed like a decent challenge. But Hate took our suggestions on encouraging people to team up to succeed a bit too far, and made it no instance. Then he completely removed ANY means of characters shedding agro....which is find if you are single boxing and can manage agro, but its a death sentence for your DPS if you box. These two issues made it less than fun for me. Got tired of feeling like a douche because I was using a camp someone else needed and didnt want to group with them because I wouldn't piss on em if they were on fire and had em on ignore.

So....I avoided T10, except for times I knew the zone was empty, and or was able to team with friends or guidlies. But the zone never felt right for me for whatever reason: maybe memories of early bugs, or maybe I just hate the way its setup....dont know. I just get bored of it after 30 minutes any time I play.

But too hard? Hardly. And from talking to a dozen or so players who I helped get started here who have since left, I can tell you only one said it was because it was too hard....but that had a lot to do with him trying to box on a Windows XP system with 3 gig ram and a second gen (Prescott) P4.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 10:12:53 am »

As for the amount of players who fall off mid tiers....how is that different from any other MMO?? Its ALWAYS that way, has been since I started playing these games in '97 (well, 93 if you count AOL's NWN)....and its seldom because of how hard the game is. People decide its not what they wanted....they decide they dont like the player base....or, and this according to Massively is the NUMBER ONE reason players quit before end game: they get bored. The game doesnt hold their interest, for a variety of reasons, but top in the list is that its just not challenging.

I'd been trying to hold on for a long time, but T9 killed me. I walked into the zone with T8 gear, ONE UC3 in my team and a single UW (7) on my warrior. I could just about solo three trash mobs even with that gear. Within 2 hours in I was mass pulling one to two dozen mobs at a time. After upgrading to a UW10 and getting full T9 armor I was soloing the undead swarm. It was pathetically easy. Granted it didnt start that way, but Hate and Hunter's fixes to some of the issues went overboard.

Then T10 hit. Loved how hard the mobs hit, loved what seemed like a decent challenge. But Hate took our suggestions on encouraging people to team up to succeed a bit too far, and made it no instance. Then he completely removed ANY means of characters shedding agro....which is find if you are single boxing and can manage agro, but its a death sentence for your DPS if you box. These two issues made it less than fun for me. Got tired of feeling like a douche because I was using a camp someone else needed and didnt want to group with them because I wouldn't piss on em if they were on fire and had em on ignore.

So....I avoided T10, except for times I knew the zone was empty, and or was able to team with friends or guidlies. But the zone never felt right for me for whatever reason: maybe memories of early bugs, or maybe I just hate the way its setup....dont know. I just get bored of it after 30 minutes any time I play.

But too hard? Hardly. And from talking to a dozen or so players who I helped get started here who have since left, I can tell you only one said it was because it was too hard....but that had a lot to do with him trying to box on a Windows XP system with 3 gig ram and a second gen (Prescott) P4.

T10 reaped your soul, no more explanation needed.    Enjoy your retirement.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 10:16:21 am »

I guess EZ is super easy then  Roll Eyes btw T10 is still a royal pita. Love it.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 03:23:26 am »

I will undoubtedly be back, after things settle down from the move.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 182