Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:50:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T9 Boost  (Read 7377 times)
Peign
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:31:22 am »

It has been said on numerous threads that T9 is not challenging enough.   That being said, would it be possible to increase the difficultly of T9 slightly?   Perhaps we could boost the hp and the dmg dealt by the mobs?  Maybe add rampage?  Tongue

To offset this increased difficulty, could we also add more undead to the zone and or require less undead to spawn the Black Priest?

Thanks
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:05:32 pm »

It has been said on numerous threads that T9 is not challenging enough.   That being said, would it be possible to increase the difficultly of T9 slightly?   Perhaps we could boost the hp and the dmg dealt by the mobs?  Maybe add rampage?  Tongue

To offset this increased difficulty, could we also add more undead to the zone and or require less undead to spawn the Black Priest?

Thanks

I agree.

But, I think it would be wise to wait, until I'm done with my last pieces. Thanks.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »

Stupid request is stupid. Zone is fine if you hit it like its intended but hey let the person that out gears the shit out of it complain about it being easy. Another fine example of how fucking retarded you are.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Abrums

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 03:55:36 pm »

Is there a way to +1 a comment? I do feel like this is pretty much spot on. Im not even there yet and angry at this thread.

Ok, now back to my hole in the ground.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 03:57:54 pm »

o·ver·re·ac·tion
ˈˌōvə(r)rēˈakSHən/
noun
noun: overreaction; plural noun: overreactions; noun: over-reaction; plural noun: over-reactions
a more emotional or forcible response than is justified.
"sacking him is a massive overreaction"

Peign
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 05:39:20 pm »

Not just me that thinks this.     

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5345.msg69005#msg69005

Boosting T9 would help people actually get prepared for T10 and may help to mitigate some T10 burnout. 

Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion... peeps should stay on their meds!

Fare thee well
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 05:47:40 pm »

Believe it or not T9 is a hot mess.

T9 needs a "final-vamp" like T10 got.

it is on the books, yet there are other more pressing issues for Akkadius to tackle before he looks hard into T9. I can assure you that there are some issues in T9 that need to be reviewed and the zone doesn't work exactly perfect.

A T9 "final-vamp" would take roughly 100 hours of time to complete. There are bigger fish to fry at this time, but T9 is going to have it's day in the sun, just like T10 did.

KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 07:52:18 pm »

o·ver·re·ac·tion
ˈˌōvə(r)rēˈakSHən/
noun
noun: overreaction; plural noun: overreactions; noun: over-reaction; plural noun: over-reactions
a more emotional or forcible response than is justified.
"sacking him is a massive overreaction"

I read this as Ovary Action. I LoL'ed.
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 10:29:18 pm »

Not just me that thinks this.     

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5345.msg69005#msg69005

Boosting T9 would help people actually get prepared for T10 and may help to mitigate some T10 burnout. 

Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion... peeps should stay on their meds!

Fare thee well

I have to agree here.  I spent the last few weeks gearing out a new DPS group in TOV, and I have to say it seems that stuff in T8 actually hits harder then T9.  I can easily pull more mobs with less concern about dieing in T9.

Tobin
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 11:58:30 am »

I'm in agreement with Peign....which I can tell you isnt a normal thing Tongue My first day in T9 was IIRC also my first day in the guild I am in now. Pretty sure Rent was one of the people who heard me ask in guild chat, "Is it supposed to be this easy??"

Look, when you can mosey into T9 with NO UC3 on your team (9 boxes, not 12, not 18) wearing T8 gear, and even then only with a warrior UW7 (yes, UW mace and T8 parrying blade) then start pulling 10 to 20 mobs at a time....its a Spock-brow moment.  I sure as hell wasnt being "someone that out gears the shit out of it" When after gearing up less than half your 18 box team and getting your warrior UW9 you're pulling 30 to 50 mobs at a time with just your overzealous box DPS (wizzie and rogue) dying with any regularity....its pretty concerning. When you're STILL just in T9 gear you can solo the undead invasion fairly regularly on your warrior (hell, I can do it now on my necro and he is STILL T9 geared) somethings broken.

Curious as to what was meant by doing content geared "as intended". Are you perhaps keeping your armor bagged and killing naked that its such a challenge? Because I can tell you, and you can prove it for yourself by looking at some of my old posts from late 2014, early 2015, I've been saying T9 was overnerfed for years....well before T10 came out.

Anyway, what the hell does my opinion matter. I'm semi retired Cheesy All I can say is that I'm glad to see Rent helping Akk handle the server. Akk had way too much on his plate, and Rent will help him iron things out. As for our previous GM....well, he meant well, but sometimes he got carried away "fixing" things (T9 DEFINITELY being one of those things)...and thats as far as I am willing to go on that.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 12:38:49 pm »

Here's my take. And, its my opinion as a player.

T9 wasn't that much of a challenge by the time I got around to doing it. But more importantly T9 does not adequately prepare you for T10.

If T9 was to stay at the same skill/challenge level, imo there should be a T9.5 side content area for gear, not progression. That way players could go into T10 with a better geared crew.

on the other hand....

if T9 were to have it's skill/challenge upgraded, there would be revolt, but it would make players more ready for T10 and then future content.

Everything past T7 we started this concept and argument of "needed gear" vs "required gear". Now, there are some items you really do not have to get to do the content, just makes it easier, then there are some items that have been made darn near "required". Is this a bad thing? I don't think so. I hated doing the back farming thing for UC's and rings, etc, but once I completed those quests I said to myself, "you did it, others did it, still others can do it in the future."

It stagnates progression a little to go back and redo content over and over to get all the quests done, but the rewards are great. I remember thinking how the heck am I going to get 6 UC1's done, then how the heck am I going to get 35ish UC2's done! I stopped at UW1 for a long time, right up until Hunter changed the recipe that first time, then I got pissed and went full tilt on the grind.

Our server content has a fair amount of grind built into it, it is part of our server culture. Like it or hate it, it is part of what this server is all about. Going back to do quests for all our bot army toons is something older players pride themselves on and newer players frown on (at first).

No one wants to make the content harder just because a segment of the server population is done with it and we wanna stick it to the new guy. And I hate new items introduced, then nerfed later after it's found that the item is way OP.

So to approach T9 with that experience and fix the zone once and for all there needs to be a balance in what the zone will become. Easy walk or nail biting rough, not stomp your arse, but tough. I think every new tier should make you stop, go back, regroup, gear up and come back stronger. I don't want to walk into a brand new tier being able to pull like I'm farming, but then again I don't want to walk in and get wiped on the first small pull.

Just some thoughts, as a player.

spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »

To get a boost in T9 i have some thoughts

When i started EZ anguish was just opening so there was 6 tiers and no UW and no UC2. It was hard it was a grind. Ive seen the lower end game get slightly easyer with the addition of resist stones drop rates of essences going up and now Hive shards making UC easyer to get.
XP potions and xp masks make the RoA less of a grind and it goes upto 1000 from 100

But to ballance there are now 10 tiers UC3 Eaob50s and UW12s thats a lot for a new player to gain. even for a vet to get a new character it takes a grind.

a few suggestions that i hope wouldnt overpower but help new and old players

Hiveshards to drop in lower tiers
Hiveshards v2 for UC2 to drop T6 to T7
Dragon scales to drop in T9 and 10

Have rare weapon drops ie Goblin UWs fall in zones ie UW1 drop in T4, UW2 drop in T5 ect. shouldnt be to overpowered. But enough to assist new plays or a box army.

Lower the MPG daily to be a daily.

Now T9 is fine just needs the mechanics tweaked.
A sub zone would be great, more than 9 but less than 10. higher drop rates for more risk. Armor? would having armor drops/upgrades to near match those of T10 ?
T10 is way less dangerous than it used to be and is far more predictable/safe, only Boss,s and Plagueborns have been beefed up but thats a good thing.

Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 11:48:22 am »

I agree with Maslow on this one.

I broke into T9 recently.  Playing a group of 12 with all UC2s.  T9 is too easy.  I would have been done with it on Kathina days ago but my playtime has been very limited the last 3-4 days.  I've probably spent a total of 9-10 hours there and have spawned BP 3x and HG 2x.  I've opened up all of the faction except for the BP already, with 2 turn-ins of a faction item.  I might even be ally already, I didn't check last night before I logged off.  I probably lost two or three hours just messing around learning the zone, chasing obliteration mobs for Zerka, and being otherwise cautious and ramping up my pulling.  

I was pulling 12-15 mobs pretty much from the start, with a pally in group, druid for drake skin, cleric for vie and druid/cleric/sham for spot heals.  Mobs die a lot faster in t9 than they did when I first zoned into t8.  Granted, I didn't have full UC2s when I first zoned into t8, but I think having UC2s on at least half-75% of your group of 12, if not more, should be basically required for t9.  I'm maxxed out currently pulling 25-30 mobs until I level up and grab my last 1% stonewall with the OC Shield.  

My ideas for the zone, among other changes:

1)  Make faction matter.  You're going to max your faction out before you get your item drops needed for the combines, especially if you have a decent strategy for popping HG.

2)  Increase the spawn chance on BP.  A player with large pulls can't spawn BP with consistent killing because there's not enough undead in the zone to do so.  They end up popping HG, instead, and killing their BP counter.  To combat this, I've been killing all of the undead and shadowmen, timing my AFKs, and then clearing the undead again 1-2 more times and/or clearing the Befallen undead army in order to spawn BP.  Why do I want BP?  For spells.  If BP spawns more, increase the counter for HG to spawn a bit less to compensate.

3)  Increase mob DPS about 20-30%, add a moderate AE rampage (not too punishing, but within reason) to prepare us for T10, and increase their HPs by about 30%.  Also, double their respawn time and make 3-4 more safe camps.  On the AE damage note, I don't think most players have too many active AE heals going on and just rely on their pallies.  They need to have active AE heals added into their keybindings to prepare for T10.  

4) Increase the strength of the armor upgrades in the zone by about 20-30% (they're a laughably small upgrade currently over T8 armor).  I've combined half of my gear already and I've gained like less than a 5% upgrade over the previous tier.  Why is this gear such a minimal increase?  The zone should become easier as you gear up through it.  I feel like the only thing that's going to make it any easier right now is level'ing up, and not the last few pieces of gear that I'm combining.

5)  Allow for an alternate use for faction items?  Maybe turn in 4 or 8 or something and it spawns Zerka or BP or something along those lines?  This would help with spell farming and people wanting Zerka.  

I think T8 is in a good place, as far as pulling large pulls on tier.  Sure, it's easy for the T10 geared folks, but when you're in T8 it's not as trivial, particularly when dealing with the mechanics of the larger mobs like the guardians and how they can eat at your team with poor positioning.  I couldn't pull more than 15 mobs or so when I was still in T8.  

I only wiped twice in T9 so far:  once because I tested my limits of pulls early on, and the second because I pulled too many eyes with BP and wiped 11/12 toons when they nuked my team to death in a millisecond.  

Kathina
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »

For some reason I feel like I'm the only person that recently finished T9 (well kind of recently) that actually had an easier time doing t8...
Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 03:33:18 pm »

Just spent another 60 minutes in T9 and finished it on Kathina.  Yeah, that was way too fast.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190