Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:50:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: New Shadow (Quest)  (Read 37090 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2010, 03:01:44 pm »

If random truely sucks, then I could make it a finite number of shadow steps, like 1 or 2 per fight before he won't Shadowstep anymore.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »

That would be awesome, Hunter.  Extremely awesome.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010, 03:11:06 pm »

If random truely sucks, then I could make it a finite number of shadow steps, like 1 or 2 per fight before he won't Shadowstep anymore.
That sounds good, that way you know you'll be able to do it in a certain amount of time whether you kill him before he shadow steps, or after you chase him down the other times. Makes for good competition in public too, to get him on the last time.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »

As someone not quite ready to kill him, I think random is kinda fun, but there should be a limit so it doesn't go on for days.
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010, 04:30:15 pm »

Just killed him again after the 5th shadow step.  Limiting it to 1 or 2 would be wonderful.
Balthor2
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 05:40:52 pm »

Every kill for me has been 5-6 shadowsteps.
I only did it once after charm fix, anyone confirm total number he can drop?
If its only one its still better then LDON but in my opinion not worth the hassle with that shadowstep. I can farm more LDON credit if I get a decently friendly zone companion or a empty ldon vs. the average time this takes me.

I really do like the shadowstep its kinda funny but ug..  my average kill (old shadow) is about 19min since I change my box group around depending on which 3.5 I'm working on and now its like 55-80min per kill.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »

still crash on shadow... sux when you waste 5 steps or more into just to crash ....

I've been just negative all day today =/

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 07:30:47 pm »

I'll work on the times he shadowsteps on my day off.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Balthor2
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 09:11:29 pm »

I'll work on the times he shadowsteps on my day off.

Thank you sir
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 12:28:19 pm »

I made shadow to have "less" chance to shadowstep from 66% to 50%, which was a quickie edit until I get time to write up a script that makes him shadow step no more than twice at most. This should help a bit, or even be fair enough to leave it at 50% chance.

Also, he'll shadow step at lower % of health now too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2010, 12:28:17 pm »

Would it be possible to have Shadow randomly step based on group ID? 

I was following someone around HoH, helping clear trash so they could get to him a bit easier.  It occurred to me that I could very well follow him around, watch Shadow step twice, then race for the mob knowing that he will not step again.  I was hoping that there was a way to keep track of how many times he has stepped on a group or raid basis, so that this can be avoided. 

Then again, I am not a coder, so I dont know if this is even possible.
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 11:36:30 pm »

I really appreciate the attention on Shadow.

It is rather frustrating seeing it teleport on me especially when I am not handling him with an overpowered group.  It takes about 35-40 minutes to get him down, and when he has a chance to shadow step after 35-40 minutes of combat, it really ruins the fun factor...

I can understand the changes for people that can take him down really fast, but for properly geared raids, this is not a very good "feature" of this fight.

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2010, 02:12:43 am »

It is rather frustrating seeing it teleport on me especially when I am not handling him with an overpowered group.  It takes about 35-40 minutes to get him down, and when he has a chance to shadow step after 35-40 minutes of combat, it really ruins the fun factor...

I totally agree. I honestly would have rather him just been left alone then have him be able to step.

Yes, for some of the higher end people who can take him down rather fast, maybe this was a step in the right direciton... But for the people who are attempting him for the first time so that they may progress their own toons it is really rather ridiculous. Atleast before if you spent a very long time fighting him, you knew once he was dropping his HP that there was no way in hell he could get them back except if you died. Now, you fight him for 45 minutes (if you aren't super beefed up like some groups) and then he SS's on you. It makes it very hard to want to go kill him for the people new to the content. Of course, there are uber people out there that would not mind helping you for a price.... Lol.

Maybe I am just a whiner, but I think that maybe Shadow should be rethought.... Again.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2010, 06:03:06 am »

If your group is not strong enough, then invite more people on the raid, and start getting your T3/T4 armor.

Many players already got their T3/T4 armor + Epic 4.0 kills without having a 3.5 Epic Weapon as a stepping stone. Maybe some are trying to rush it soon as they left T2?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Balthor2
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2010, 06:18:59 am »

Do you have ring of ages max / near max and/or UC?
I know its doable without either but its really hard and probably not worth the effort as the time invested could get you enough cards and point tokens to get 2+ charms compared to the single he would drop.
T3 is very much doable without 3.5 and since Hunter removed the root I would take advantage of it now for some armor.
Piece of advice, plate up the Knights first. Biggest bang per piece.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 282