Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:27:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Downtime  (Read 22505 times)
geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 02:35:58 pm »

Changing OS so server can use all the RAM?
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 02:37:34 pm »

for a few hours.

LB, I'm afraid I won't be on when server comes back up - will be for sometime next week, doll. Will try to get my last cleric flagged for air, so we can do the last three 4.0 books at the same time.

Funkin, if it were that easy, I'd do it. Fact is, difference on a necro 4.0 with and without swords is about 11k dps. That means just because I want to do crowd control, on two necro's and a mage the dps hit would be about 30k dps, not to mention the fact that I probably wouldn't have the enchanter pet up at all, bringing the total dps hit to 40k. I wouldn't mind as much if they spawned with weapons that don't AE at all, but taking a 40k dps hit just to be able to mez seems very steep.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Fichmulk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 02:39:33 pm »

Just curious why the long down time on a weekend.  Figured it would be on a weekday or something.
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 02:46:12 pm »

We all get UC's for down time on weekends, didn't you know, seriously how long you are making me spend time with my family
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »

for a few hours.

LB, I'm afraid I won't be on when server comes back up - will be for sometime next week, doll. Will try to get my last cleric flagged for air, so we can do the last three 4.0 books at the same time.

Funkin, if it were that easy, I'd do it. Fact is, difference on a necro 4.0 with and without swords is about 11k dps. That means just because I want to do crowd control, on two necro's and a mage the dps hit would be about 30k dps, not to mention the fact that I probably wouldn't have the enchanter pet up at all, bringing the total dps hit to 40k. I wouldn't mind as much if they spawned with weapons that don't AE at all, but taking a 40k dps hit just to be able to mez seems very steep.

That is a big hit in DPS but its also the gameplay style you chose to play. You decided you wanted to mez mobs. If you had initiated a discussion on adding mez friendly alternatives like fireblade v3 (without ae damage) on pets I would have supported it 100%. I like the fireblade v2 as it is, makes it viable to run necro,mage,bl as part of the team and still take down adds.

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 02:53:38 pm »

Hunter basically stated mezzing is required in t5, so it's not so much of a choice as a necessity. I have requested alternatives like a fireblade v3 with only AE aggro and a v4 with only single target dps in a suggestion thread, but I feel like they don't get any attention.

Considering mailing the man himself with suggestions, but my previous suggestion got no reply either.

Maybe I'm just on an ignore list lol.

-Clev

geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 02:55:35 pm »

adding mez friendly alternatives like fireblade v3 (without ae damage) on pets

a fireblade V3 option could be a very good solution actualy.....
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »

Crap, i forgot i have a family somewhere around here too....

Ok Clev, Hope all is well were you are.

I myself was seriously looking forward to sitting in ldon for hrs today charm farming, as i enjoyed RL a bit too much last night. Forgot what that felt like...
I dont like the next day.

And Funkin, you know Fab doesnt need new swords... she just needs new pet's.... WAR/PAL/SHD !!! Hehe /runs off laughing

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 03:13:04 pm »

I was just wondering if charms might become droppable this weekend if for just a day that would be cool.  I just remember the boss mentioning it and wondered if hes still entertaining the idea?

Poop
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 03:21:16 pm »

Crap, i forgot i have a family somewhere around here too....

Ok Clev, Hope all is well were you are.

I myself was seriously looking forward to sitting in ldon for hrs today charm farming, as i enjoyed RL a bit too much last night. Forgot what that felt like...
I dont like the next day.

And Funkin, you know Fab doesnt need new swords... she just needs new pet's.... WAR/PAL/SHD !!! Hehe /runs off laughing

You're absolutely right. If I could summon a full t4 pal with 4.0 and UC, I would be entirely happy. And a SK for the necro and a War for the mage. Win!

-Clev

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 03:23:34 pm »

Gnaughty you still got dem toons you lil purple debil?Huh

Grrr im like a kid waiting for Xmas, omg TV sucks, my yard looks like crap but IDC... I want to play Smiley

And hehe Fab, i know what to get you for Xmas Smiley

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 03:26:16 pm »

At least im not missing anything while im at work today, baw ha ha ha!

Elisiah

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 03:27:16 pm »

Gnaughty you still got dem toons you lil purple debil?Huh

Grrr im like a kid waiting for Xmas, omg TV sucks, my yard looks like crap but IDC... I want to play Smiley

And hehe Fab, i know what to get you for Xmas Smiley

Yeah..... there is other things I COULD be doing right now..... but they aren't fun..... I want moar EZ EQ TIME.

Drasnik

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 03:33:35 pm »

Bah my niece has usurped my PS3 time for Elmo. The HORROR!!! Guess its time to check out that fanmade Chrono Trigger sequel
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 03:35:54 pm by Drasnik » Logged

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fichmulk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 03:36:23 pm »

*itches neck* I need my fix man!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent