Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:26:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 29591 times)
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2015, 06:00:58 am »

Not to be all drama this or that...

I state that this event was super fun! and I was sad to see it over...

BUT..

Please...at least consider the damage that you are doing to the server having these UW (the biggerst PITA in the game) drop in events...

The above line is unfair and I take that back.. I am sure you have considered it... and you may or may not agree that is none of my business... thank you for all the hard work...I dont want to come off as bitchy...

I did get one from the event....its a uw5... its a staff...and not really unbalancing on my zerk but we have t7 people with uwX+ in bank now... its ...insane

and also please consider on the  sinners that you did leave the ubber PITA weapon easily farmable ...you have to realize that the blame is not all on the players... of course they are going to take advantage if they can... hell...if money was all over the street you would stop and scoop some up....

so delete the goblin UWS...hell delete all of these goblin weapons...but please consider that when you punish people...they are just following human nature...

I only wish I had more than a smattering of hours of the last few days to kill goblins...was fun..

thank you again!

I understand your idea of human nature but when it effected the rest of us that wanted to grind out event a last few hours till it was over, why should we be punished as well for a few that knew it was wrong and abused the hell out of it, hate to say it though this kind of stuff has happened since the dawn of ez, people abuse something get what they want then report so no one else can benefit from it, it is the EZ server cycle sadly, Having their cheated gob weapons destroyed is more then fair for the rest of us that farmed legit, and hate actually taking care of an exploit used instead of just slapping some one on the wrist and telling them they did bad, which happened in the past, you didn't see hunter take away the 1k roa's from people that exploited the ripsote chest, Think hate showing he not messing around about abusing exploits is a necessity, I mean I am not perfect, I used to pull with pet in tofs for awhile and I am still ashamed of it afterwards, but this was something that was causing a lot of people to get upset because of massive influx of uw based weapons, without the exploit the chances of getting one were slim, getting one that was usable was even more buttrare, you had a better chance scoring a gsoa in tier 9 lol, but with exploit i could see how that would change the dynamics of the fun event hate created for us.

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2015, 09:05:26 am »

Here is my take on this event....

While it was a great event, I found some "problems" with it

1. Nexus and Stonehive should, imo, never be used as a jumping point for events. These are common areas where the server population has grown accustomed to going AFK for hours, getting MGB's, giving MGB's, completing trade transactions, upgrading xp crystals (miner), doing ROA upgrades, completing token transactions, banking, etc, etc.

Fix: Events should be held in an "event" zone. Meaning, if you want to take part in the event you go to that zone to play it. Believe it or not some people don't care for "events" on the server, esp. when Double Loot is turned on (more about this later). Events should be a conscience decision to take part in said event, and not thrust upon our general masses. It was actually bogus to see our newer players punished by this event by being stuck in a death loop for most of the event run time due to no fault of their own. Even to the point where I took Rent to Nexus to clean up a few times to allow newer players the chance to get out of the zone and bind somewhere else for the duration.

2. Double Loot during "Events". This one is a tricky subject. While we all love double loot, some of us want to also take part in the event. With both "events" taking place at the same time, many of us are left having to make a choice. Get the farming items from double loot or go play the event. It becomes a catch 22 for us older players, as well as newer players.

Fix: IMO these 2 should be separated. When events are taking place, double loot should not be and vice versa. So, a good 3 or 4 day weekend for holidays what to do? 2 days of Event and 2 days of straight Double Loot. These should be marked by clear and enforced start times and end times. This way the population can take advantage of both events and not feel like they are slighting themselves by not being able to take part in both.

3. The dreaded UW event drop! Ok, touchy subject, however coming from an older player with multiple UW's I think I can stand on sure ground with this one. UW's should not drop from events. Why? Think about all the time and effort it takes to complete an UW. Now, think about doing this time and time again. Now think about that person seeing someone just loot one. Its kind of a gut check. Its kind of like, wait a minute here. I spent 2 months or more building this UW and this guy spends 20 minutes in an event and loots one? What makes matters worse is, and trust me this is not a slam, a new player getting an UW during an event. A new player to the extent that he/she can't even use the UW until several more levels are obtained. So literally there were people, during this event and others, that looted an UW'like weapon that couldn't even use it!!! What the....Huh?

Fix: UW's are just that, it is a long ass quest. Even if you buy every part of the weapon it still takes a while to get it made. Its not a "doh, I looted an UW during an event!" type of thing. Sorry, it's just not. IF an UW must be "given" away then make it 1 item per event obtained by the smartest, best player. Notice I said not the highest level player, or the one with the most toons, or the best gear. A skill game of sorts where the top dog actually "wins" the UW item. Which is then tailored to that player's choice of which toon he/she wishes to place it on. Meaning if a person wins that has all level 70 toons then they get an UW appropriate to their level, and at which they can upgrade the item by future playing, farming, etc. Now, I do realize this would take a little more forethought, planning and some actual online time from our GM staff during the event, I do believe this would make everyone feel a little better about the process.

4. Zone bugs, crashes, exploits, etc during events. We all saw our share of LD's, crashing, weird npc movements and even saw people exploiting the system (some did). So, how can we make sure this stuff doesn't happen? There is literally nothing more frustrating than seeing an event go live and then finding every damn bug in the world within the event making it "nails on the chalkboard" hard to play.

Fix: And I have said this for eons, we need a group of experienced players to vet the event before it goes live to the masses. People who have a main goal of finding the bugs and exploits. People who are actually good at testing content. People that will play alongside each other, Hateborne, Akkaadius and Loveborne to find, eliminate and resolve these issues long, long before the event is even spoken about. A select group of hand picked individuals, sworn to secrecy that will do it right.  Seriously, there are some damn talented players here that love to do this sort of thing. I could call out some names.....*cough* Nate, chunk, *cough* Harth, Kruc, and many others. People that have backgrounds in programing and are damn good players that have actually done testing for the large MMO games in the past. I would throw my name in there, but even Hate hates me! bah!

So, these are the things that stood out for me. Overall I like all the events and do appreciate the work that goes into these events. Keep up the good work Loveborne, cause we all know who the driving force is behind these events  Shocked

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2015, 09:43:19 am »

In a nutshell, we've definitely learned that nothing of extreme value can be dropped during any holiday events. Idiots will find it, abuse it, and we have the situation we're in now which ruins it for E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. Definitely going to assume everyone is cheating and build events to stop them first before we build events that are actually fun first. :-(

Additionally, we really can't stop and drag players in for hours/days at a time to test for everything. I tried three separate times for t10, tons was missed, and little was actually fixed. During the holidays, writing up this event was nothing short of MANY MANY hours every night for a week. If we had people testing, it would've gone live the 24th through the 27th. That's a pretty crappy time period for an event we worked so many hours on, to appear, sputter, vanish. Very many people would not have been able to even see it. Undecided

tl;dr - Event drops will be barely above marginal improvements, cheaters ruined it again, and testing takes more time than creating.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2015, 10:30:02 am »

So we're clear, the drop chance was made TWICE as rare and still 13 more were dropped in the 24h since that change.

So far: 21 of the dropped weapons belong to 8 players.

That is literally me correlating the account names that match. There are still more that may have non-similar account names but got multiples. Continuing to investigating as time permits at work.

-Hate
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:13:50 pm by hateborne » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2015, 11:23:49 am »

I will tell you.  I for one didnt understand the event.  I got to Blacksail and got a Goblin King to spawn and then killed for HOURS w/o another King spawning.  i didnt understand that it was a once per instance thing.  i asked in /ooc and someone told me the way to get it to respawn was to camp out for 10 minutes and log back in and you could get him again....which i did...and it worked.  i figured it was like the halloween event but just buggy since you couldnt get the King to spawn but once.  So to save you the time of looking up one player...i stand guilty as charged. And I did get a longbow 12 and a piercing 7 or 8...both of those were deleted along with all the goblinstrike and the caster stuff (although i did save 3 of them for casters i dont really use)....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:17:38 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2015, 12:16:27 pm »

So we're clear, the drop chance was made TWICE as rare and still 13 more were dropped in the 24h since that change.

So far: 24 of the dropped weapons belong to 9 players.

That is literally me correlating the account names that match. There are still more that may have non-similar account names but got multiples. Continuing to investigating as time permits at work.

-Hate
Hate you really went above and beyond to give everyone an amazing christmas event and your coding for rarity was well on par for the reward, if the exploit fasco didn't happen, it honestly wouldn't of been so bad, Love how you implemented unique augs to the server for this event, and that alone was an amazing addition, I like the idea you had one halloween where you had uw a potential but a limited amount would drop randomly, and I really loved the goblin weapon ideas, only thing I could say next time if you ever recover from this is maybe making weapons that are not UW level but beyond the stats of the tier that the rank would be, then it wouldn't make those that think anything anyone else has beside them is wrong, just some ideas, still loved the event Smiley Keep up the good work. Side not will gob weapons work in pet packs in the future? Great concept implenting event uniques maybe next time not so UW level but more on par with special unique bonuses more damage then respective tier would or level.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:18:35 pm by aythena » Logged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2015, 02:29:39 pm »

I stand guilty along with Orthanos, and with no useful gob weapons to show for it (although I didn't realize the mechanic till yesterday). I'll admit while I didn't understand the event, I thought the mechanics were too simple to be unintentional. However, it did seem broken - I still wasn't sure. Truthfully, I'm not a programmer, but I am a gamer. If I can figure out a mechanic I want to use it (just like spawning Angry in housegarden). It can be difficult to know what's intended and what isn't, but usually you know in your gut. There was no official announcement regarding one king that i know of. As of Saturday midday before this post I was looking for Akka or Hate online to report it. Without testing this is guaranteed to happen again, especially when the rewards are good.

Despite my failure here I loved the event. It was fun, engaging, and felt old school Hunter with people dying all over the place. For my part I'm very happy deleting the two low level gob weapons I got, but neither of them will be used anyway as they are inferior weapons for me. Using the mechanic yielded no additional strikes that I actually needed, and only a few essences.

If I or others who used the mechanic had received a uwix or above I could see how that would be a problem.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:33:08 pm by warrior5 » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2015, 05:42:04 pm »

21 Goblin Weapons belonging to those that spammed instances were deleted. I manually backed up the list too for those that want to try to fight/appeal it. There are still several that got one of them without spamming instances and those will be kept. Next year, we will likely use beefed-up versions of the on-tier weapons instead of 'frozen in time' UWs given the abuse that it helped spurn.

Admittedly, we were not overly clear that it was intended for 1 king per instance. However, if players got OMM over and over by simply camping out and back in, I'm 99% certain one wouldn't go "Oh, must be a feature!". This being the case, only the Goblin Weapons are being removed. No suspension/banhammer/tar&feather will occur.

If you want to appeal or contest this, email myself && CC Loveborne and Akkadius.

To: Hateborne@gmail.com
CC: Loveborne33@gmail.com, Akkadius@live.com

-Hate
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:44:46 pm by hateborne » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2015, 05:43:49 pm »

Also, if your goblin weapon just lost an augment (assuming you still have it), '/say #claim' to get it back. :-D

-Hate

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:55 pm »

I'm 99% certain one wouldn't go "Oh, must be a feature!".

That kinda made me laugh...I honestly didn't think that...I just thought it was bugged  Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Moruk

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2015, 09:38:16 pm »

Get rid of UW clones and Charm Prism upgrades all together from special events like Christmas and Halloween.  Replace them with EoN and SLS.

aythena

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2015, 02:54:25 am »

Get rid of UW clones and Charm Prism upgrades all together from special events like Christmas and Halloween.  Replace them with EoN and SLS.
Free eons would be worse then getting prism upgrades and these prism upgrades were the only way I could let those who were too low to farm event get some enjoyment out of it, I admit I struggled farming for days for my first UC before prisms, but thanks to hates new system it made farming UC's for alts a lot more smooth, Plus their was double loot, if you wanted eon's could of got double the amount per run Smiley

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2015, 01:10:57 pm »

Goblinstrikes, Goblin Stratagems, and all presents can now be traded until December 27th.

Strikes and Stratagems are now correctly level restricted.

Portals now guarantee a present upon kill for the killing group or raid.

-Love

Dang i missed this, and have some stuck on a char that cant use em, lmao
o'well my fault for not reading, delete button at the ready......

Thanks for the fun event =)

Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2015, 01:54:55 pm »

Get rid of UW clones and Charm Prism upgrades all together from special events like Christmas and Halloween.  Replace them with EoN and SLS.

Except many players deleted their gob uw to chance another that wasn't low rank.  I came across 5-8 goblin uws without cheating and only kept 1.  Keep it as it, don't put them in again.  They've already been nerfed to almost worthlessness and back.  Epic augs and all but uw proc were taken off.  Now epic is back.  I got 1 rk 9 1hb, this did not make the event fruitful.  Portal farming and a chance at gsoa were the only things in the event worth doing for me.  I did king first few days, then burnt all my maps I had stashed in 1 night.  After that I didn't go into portal again unless I was about to afk.  Delete portal to goblin island altogether, turn on nexus xmas portals leave stonehive off, giving players options to do stuff and not be interfered.
No matter wtf anyone wants to say, all I experienced is the event and a post that implied longer intent.  Event didn't go as long as suggested, rest has nothing to do with me.  If changes gotta be made, ok.  Let's turn it back on.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:36:28 pm by Stikkan » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2015, 02:04:13 pm »

uw drops = bad

no uw drops = good

thank you for the event

I look forward to the next one.

now back to t10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print