Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:15:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Botter Suspended! (01-19-16)  (Read 12922 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2016, 11:41:32 pm »

Botter Suspended!

Found another one. This one had a script automatically sending each character from mob to mob, looting as it went.

Reminder: THIS IS NOT OK!

I'll be preparing the queries to HEAVILY set the player back for doing this. As always, the gory details will be made public but the player(s) name will be redacted.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:54:27 am »

Especially since there was a macroquest thread somewhat recently about looting commands -

To be clear (the way I understand it)

The script was essentially

/bct Character //target corpse
/bct Character //stick 0
/bct Character //lootall

^ on a loop until /target corpse returned nothing?

I've also heard of custom macroquest plugins (or scripts, not sure) that would allow automated looting of specific items (e.g. only loot the rainbow crystals or GSoA from a corpse, using /hidecorpse looted)

Is this legal? So long as you have to press a button for every corpse?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:56:59 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:31:19 am »

Especially since there was a macroquest thread somewhat recently about looting commands -

To be clear (the way I understand it)

The script was essentially

/bct Character //target corpse
/bct Character //stick 0
/bct Character //lootall

^ on a loop until /target corpse returned nothing?

I've also heard of custom macroquest plugins (or scripts, not sure) that would allow automated looting of specific items (e.g. only loot the rainbow crystals or GSoA from a corpse, using /hidecorpse looted)

Is this legal? So long as you have to press a button for every corpse?

The top part I would be OK with if it was 1 button per corpse. It being on loop, not so much as it becomes MANY actions per button press.

As for the bottom part, that's very much into scripting and not basic MQ2 and is well outside of what I would consider "allowed".

-Hate

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:17:10 pm »

this will allow ?

Macro that automatic take from corpse what do filtered that u mainly only press ( rightmouse, esc , rightmouse ,esc ) and macro looted Tokens Crystals Essence and other tradeable things ?

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »

I played around with a loot script a week or 2 ago and it was terrifying... the /destroy command  was going to cost me a XPmask or UW at some point and its just not worth it..

looting corpses is not so bad

wendel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 12:07:42 am »

I had a hotkey setup that invokes a macro quest looting plugin.  This helps me sort through corpses to either leave or loot items(I don't have many things set to destroy because I to am worried about destroying my precious items lol)
I was under the impression this is okay because I press my loot key for every corpse I have.  I had asked a while back in OOC, but I guess that's the same as asking for legal advice at the bar...

My hotkey is pretty simple, it only targets the closest corpse then loots it... the plugin decides what stays and what gets put into inventory. 

This has saved me a ton of time in the lower tiers where gems and armor can drop from almost any mob...

Is this okay to continue doing? 
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:34 am »

I don't mean to speak out of turn, but it seems to me that the suspension was over the automated processes setup.  If you are not physically moving your character from monster to monster and killing mobs, then you are over automated.  It would NOT be allowed to use something like...target mob, stick, attack, loot.  With multiple instances running that is abusing what the MQ2 program can do.  Would be the same as writing a loop for casting spells, using abilities; if you are not making your toons do specified and FINITE tasks on your one click, then you are over-automated.  Just my 2cp, but that is how I always looked at it.  I remember starting out and thinking, man...I wish I could use a loop to train caster abilities...then I did the caster's guild quest and realized it would have been a waste of time anyways

aythena

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:02 am »

I don't mean to speak out of turn, but it seems to me that the suspension was over the automated processes setup.  If you are not physically moving your character from monster to monster and killing mobs, then you are over automated.  It would NOT be allowed to use something like...target mob, stick, attack, loot.  With multiple instances running that is abusing what the MQ2 program can do.  Would be the same as writing a loop for casting spells, using abilities; if you are not making your toons do specified and FINITE tasks on your one click, then you are over-automated.  Just my 2cp, but that is how I always looked at it.  I remember starting out and thinking, man...I wish I could use a loop to train caster abilities...then I did the caster's guild quest and realized it would have been a waste of time anyways
Honestly just using the attack and loot commands provided in ez guide link are the safest commands that have 0 issues with being banned or punished. At least that what I have always used as a guide, I mean editing them some far as distance for alts you don't want to melee etc even hate use to do that with his attack commands on his clothies back when he was actually farming hoh Smiley. Usually its best to stick to the guide on most commands for that reason, if commands posted on here weren't allowed I am sure hate or hiccup would of deleted those stickies along time ago.

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 11:36:17 am »

Gory Details...

FIVE RoA 1k removed
RoA 400 removed
RoA 267 removed
Earring halved
26 Essence of Anguish removed
18 Essence of Dragon Major removed
10 Essence of Dragon Minor removed
3 Essence of Old Commons removed
3 Essence of QVIC removed
1 Essence of Sunderock removed
UW 2h halved (6->3)
---Three tasks reset as a result: 100 CT, 100 Dragon Minor, 100 Gods Minor

All Ice/Fire/Earth/Water crystals removed (66 total)
All Veeshan scales removed (18 total)
EDIT: ~50 SLS removed

Lesson to take away from this, don't bot.

-Hate
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:43:51 am by hateborne » Logged

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 11:40:07 am »

Gory Details...

Lesson to take away from this, don't bot.

-Hate

You know you will be caught, at some point you will be caught. its simple, just don't do it.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 03:38:09 pm »

Someone with actual Sunderock essences is the closest  to name and shame ever. Thats a seriously small list Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Momentum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 04:01:27 pm »

Someone with actual Sunderock essences is the closest  to name and shame ever. Thats a seriously small list Smiley

The recent Christmas event had a chance to drop Sunderock ess so it could have come from that.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 07:39:43 pm »

it wernt me boss..

sunderock essence are not so bad I have upgraded all my ninjas to 12 and am working on my firestrike now.../shrug

i get a few every day...

mad max

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 02:13:04 am »

Lol, magelo told me who it was on the first guess. It's obvious as fk when you see people with roa 1k just one month after they break out of t5. Herp da derp da derp derp derp
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 05:52:19 pm »

Why not just let people bot? theres only 20 people that play on the server, the content is obnoxiously monotonus, people will still donate, everyone plays in their own instance who cares.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232