Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:12:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paladin / Shadow Knight Changes! (3-31-16)  (Read 5846 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:58:08 pm »

Paladin / Shadow Knight Changes!

After a nonstop barrage of QQ and bellyachin' in OOC, I pushed this above a LOT to get done. The following is a result of a few days of 'whiteboarding' in mah head, some back and forth, and some lovely testing.

Paladins:
  • Zeal has been redesigned. It now provides AC, small chance to outright resist spells, stonewall effect, and a block chance. It triggers a recourse effect that will trigger your Holy Knight Strike from a BLOCK or a PARRY. This means that focusing in on Improved Block or Improved Parry will not only yield a durability increase, but a DPS increase as well.
  • Paladin Defensive Augments have been changed to PROC Zeal and CLICK for a short-duration, powerful Stonewall for pulling. It is self only.
  • Paladin Defensive Augments have been changed to only fit 1H weapons.
  • Holy Knight Strike saw ~3x increase in damage. This is the proc for tanking Paladins and Clerics.
  • Holy Knight Recourse saw cure values dropped to 1-3 or 2-3 per type cured, per proc (down from 32 per type...).

Shadow Knights:
  • New DoTs, debuffs, and pets... that are not dropping until tomorrow when I place them into loot scripts! Three new DoTs (four ranks each), Unholy Shackles made Shadow Knight usable at 2 level penalty (i.e. QVIC rank is not usable until L72 or HoH ready), pets are three tier lower Necromancer pets, and two new debuffs (one will be HUGELY prized for those fighting druid/necromancer mobs often).
  • Call of the Void has been rewritten to act as a raw spell damage bonus instead of a cheesy proc. Call of the Void V yields nearly double proc damage of a UCv3 geared Shadow Knight. Lower ranks have lower, but powerful enough bonuses.
  • Thirst of Muram has been altered in it's function. It now heals the PARTY for the amount tapped over 18 seconds (i.e. 5000 base damage over 18sec will heal party for 5000 base HP over 18sec). In addition, it restores mana equal to the base lifetap value (i.e. 5000 HP tap restores 5000 HP and 5000 Mana baseline, before scaling). The DoT function only lasts 18 seconds as well.
  • Strength From Pain (Shadow Knight Defensive Augment proc) saw an increase in the Lifetap values.
  • Siphon Defenses (recourse trigger from Strength From Pain) now has a minor chance to outright resist spells with each rank.
  • Cloak of Anarchy now has an HP percentage bonus as well. Rank 1 has 5% and rank 2 has a 10% HP bonus. This stacks with Ancient Oak.

I need to finish revamping the SK DPS augment, finish the second debuff/tap ability, and then make that custom DoT on 3.0 (or 3.5?) baseline for all SKs.

NEXT ON AGENDA: Beastlords, Ultimate Augments.

New spell file (3-31-16) is available!

-Hate
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:13:05 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:12:10 am »

• Holy Knight Recourse saw cure values dropped to 1-3 or 2-3 per type cured, per proc (down from 32 per type...).
Is this applied to Defense aug only or did Healing aug got hit as well?

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:14:01 am »

Is this applied to Defense aug only or did Healing aug got hit as well?

Just Holy Knight Recourse (tanking Paladins and all Clerics). Healing Paladins use Avenger's Touch or some such. :-)

-Hate

munga

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:07:03 am »

600% spell damage increase on Call of the Void IV aint no joke
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:02 pm »

Will do some testing soon to confirm SKs are now useful. Thx Hate.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »

Spells can drop now, except for T6. T6's loot is literally half scripted and half loottable. I'll have to convert it over before I can add the spells without manually editting 33 files. :-(

I will push a new spell file tonight (as it's required for Theft of Toughness). I've got a few other things to add. :-)

-Hate
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:00:44 pm by hateborne » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 03:13:34 pm »

Recipes for these? Or just drops?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 05:23:51 pm »

Recipes for these? Or just drops?

Just drops. Going to be rewriting and re-creating all recipes to a more uniform standard. Right now, it's everywhere and ...odd. I would prefer something more simplistic. Not sure what that looks like yet. Should know by next week. :-)

-Hate

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988