Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:07:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Classes and Respective Guilds  (Read 5040 times)
DrEradul

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 09:23:14 am »

Hey guys,

As a noob here on EZ, I thought it'd be helpful for people like me to know what guild is right for X class.

If you could give me your thoughts on this, I'll make the final list.  I know some are obvious but others are not.  Would a pali want fighter or caster?  I know I read somewhere that a cleric would want fighters cause of the clicky rez (right???)

Just write

Fighter's Guild:
X
Y
Z

Caster's Guild
A
B
C

If it is even possible, also mention if you think the toon should be in both guilds (can they?)

I apologize if this has already been done.  Thank you for your time.

Rorle - monk
Stralus - paladin
Hehv - warrior
Berkana - cleric
Eradul - mage
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:28 am »

I am a bit of a newb myself but I feel that the main reason to join a specific guild is to max your key skills and gain access to the 2.5 epic. That being said if your melee go fighters, but if your a casting hybrid you could benefit from casters guild but I'm not sure it's a huge dps increase to do so. With the introduction of melee augs and a focus on sorc charms, it might be of more benefit now but again not sure of the dps increase.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54:17 am »

Not only that the guilds both give respective items that are guild specific.

The Casters guild gives a pet that can buff you anywhere you are which is very nice not to have to zone back to buff.

The fighters guild gives a insta-clicky rez stone.

Both have their benefits to all chars, but pretty much the melees want to go Fighters guild, the casters want to go Casters guild, and the hybrids you want to pick your playstyle and go with what maximizes your DPS.

I can say for instance a ranger....a hybrid class....will do like 1000 damage with a DD, where as with a 3.0 will be swinging for much more so I'd go with fighters guild over casters guild until it was convenient to go back and get both.

Hope this helped a LITTLE

Requiem for a Dream.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »

The reason for getting your cleric into FG is not the clicky res, since they already have that with their epic 1.  The best reason for FG on any caster is to max defense so they can take a couple hits if/when they draw aggro.  There are benefits to both guilds, and if you have the time and patience, I would say that any toon would be improved by being in both.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
DrEradul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:47:20 pm »

very helpful !!

thanks for your input guys; if you've anything else to add, please feel free! the more, the merrier

although, so much for my format Tongue

Rorle - monk
Stralus - paladin
Hehv - warrior
Berkana - cleric
Eradul - mage
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members