Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:17:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bards Help Boost DPS by some decent marginal amount?  (Read 8327 times)
Collector

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 04:14:01 pm »

Well, was going to make bard the other day, thinking maybe it'll help my group or say zerker DPS decently enough to have done it.. So.. Any bards tell me if this is true?
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »

I use one in my group for the same reason I use a Zerker....There is no reason.
Since this server's dps is based on procs and bards damage mod has been nerfed, I don't think they would add any significant benefit to the zerker dps.

On live it was a different story that is for sure.

Deadend
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:16:32 pm »

I still see marginal benefit from haste and proc song with my bard.  It's not tremendous, but it's definitely a boost.  Could I replace him with another toon, like say, a second paladin and see more benefit for that group slot?  Sure. 

But there's just something I like about having the bard around, so I don't bother with it.  I have fun keeping my group diverse and challenging myself to adapt to content with the classes I enjoy boxing.

If you have the time, then it is something I just suggest you invest the time into to find out if it having the bard in your group is the right thing for your playstyle.
Balthor2
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:18:31 pm »

Bards use to double a groups DPS.
Now the bard brings like 1200dps to the group.
I would just suggest you get another class for that spot, even a gnume wizard would be a improvement over a bard.
Collector

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »

Heh Alright, Thanks for the help guys =)
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 12:35:04 pm »

i really dont get why bard 3.0 clicky is so overlooked, ~12% crit for your whole group that effects everything from augments to pally heal procs that also has a 100% uptime and i havn't seen a single person even mention this effect in a post about bards.  Yes it shares the same cd as 4.0 but unless your group is caster heavy, you're surely not going to be using the effect every time its up.

i think 3.0 effect used to be even higher too, maybe around 20% crit last time i played? i stopped playing in october so it wasn't that long ago, maybe im just losing my mind which is entirely possible...
kelie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

I agree with you about the 3.0 click Digz... I was REALLY disappointed in the overall DPS output when I upgraded to my 4.0.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »

farm another /shrug

the 4.0 feeder click is a must for mana heavy parties

Also, at this time I removed my T5 UCed Augged (FSVIs) Zerker the DPS is okay but thats all just plain jane mid-line DPS just under  Paladin basically with FSVIs

so I would rather have something else at this time..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:27:06 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
kelie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:00 am »

are they under pallies because the knight proc on the epic?
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 08:40:40 pm »

are they under pallies because the knight proc on the epic?

Well the zerker has a aoe proc like the pallys single target.. With this in t6 where all boss spawn adds makes for a dead zerker... And I know people are going to say have a warrior use anger 5s... With the dps other classes are able to push and with Agro rests you have to use 4's.. I'm now using x2 ice strikes and one anger 4 but when I'm not with Fugi who is using all 4s dps classes can pull off me with ease.

So to sum up... Aoe proc = dead zerker = 0 dps

Sent from my IPhone

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988