Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:36:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2 Bards in boxing group?  (Read 5606 times)
Zaknefein

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:09:31 am »

My friend and I are trying to put together a solid 12 man group. Bards have a lot of useful songs, but one can only twist so many. Would it be a good idea to add a second bard to sing additional songs? Would it even be worth it?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:17 am »

Not particularly. The way the 5.0+ click was designed, one bard can buff a ton of players without being grouped. However, two bards can keep click up ~70% of the time (by chaining them). They are fair enough DPS on their own. If you are melee heavy though, one bard per group will add a substantial amount of DPS.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Blanky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:55:55 pm »

would you add the bard to a melee group(zerk/rogue/monk) or a group with pets(mage/necro/beast)?
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:03:22 am »

would you add the bard to a melee group(zerk/rogue/monk) or a group with pets(mage/necro/beast)?

tempest blade is much more effective in a group of pet classes because pets weren't effected by the attack delay so you will get more DPS return from TB in a group of pet classes since they are hitting more often.

Hulkmad
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:08:51 am »

A second Bard would still have value in using a song that your other Bard has no room for (Chorus of the Risen, for example) while still adding TB to a second group.  A second Bard could also twist a disspell song for DS mobs
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 08:46:53 am »

Single click on your pally takes care of pretty much any damage shield on a mob. I'd not waste a bard song slot on it. About the only time I'd consider using a 2nd bard is to have one for a pure caster group to pump spell damage and click 3.0 for increased DPS, and maybe alternate casting 4.0 + for mana, if you need it. Most dont after the caster necks and class-centric mana recovery abilities.

tempest blade is much more effective in a group of pet classes because pets weren't effected by the attack delay so you will get more DPS return from TB in a group of pet classes since they are hitting more often.

Only downside to this is having to play a pet class Tongue Maybe its because I am only as far as T5 atm, but right now, for me, pet classes are a waste of space.

All in all I see diminishing returns on a boxed team any larger than 6 to 8 characters anyway. Any larger and its just too big a hassle to manage (in T5 at any rate). I kill almost as fast with 1 solid group of 6 in T3/4 and T5 as I do with boxing 12. Adding another group to a T5 run cuts my clear time by less than 10 minutes. Not worth it unless I want to give a group kill credit....and I think you can still do that just parking them at zone in.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Zaknefein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

We don't have any pet classes in our group. We got a mage to 4.0, but he and the pet dies instantly when killing t3/t4 bosses, so we dropped him.  We're full melee now running the following setup:

war, bard, bard pal, pal, pal, clr, monk, monk, rogue, zerk, zerk.

So we'll have a bard in each melee group.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 02:22:27 pm »

that is a lot of plate!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck