Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:43:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Can SK's tank end game?  (Read 19052 times)
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »

End game meaning?
I know I see SK's tanking T2 bosses now.
I dont see it in T3 tho
kaos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 09:50:13 pm »

Yeah, I spam the AOE taunt (jolt). Could just be me sucking at boxing tho, lol  Grin
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 10:24:24 pm »

Fact is you can put a warrior out to tank a mob and pretty much forget about him while you manage your other toons. Sure if you want to micro manage your tank then hey, maybe a sk is for you if you like that class. Another fact though is you will suck at the rest of your toons if you are boxing or you will suck at your sk. It is just too much to manage.

As for tanking in T1, give about any class enough hp and they could tank the bosses. My cleric has tanked bosses at times when I was sure I was about to completely wipe. My monk has tanked bosses on regen alone while my warrior gets back in, (rarely but it has happened).

Sk can generate a hell of a lot of hate, especially with their life taps, but they take a lot of micro managing. Single player and you like sk? There you go, that is for you. But if you box, save yourself a headache and make a warrior.

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 10:32:33 am »

Thanks for the input.  I will certainly go warrior for boxing after reading this.  SK sounds like alot of fun as a main, but I can't afford to micro the tank that much if I'm going to be healing and dpsing too.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:52:08 am by talanos » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 03:53:55 pm »

Don't forget about your sk though. You can still play it, just times when you box and you need your warrior to stand there and be an autotaunt meat sheild use him. Other times, play the toons you have fun with.

Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »

You could always use the SK as a DPS source that you'll have to devote little to no attention to. Granted, its DPS won't be as good as alternatives. But if you already have one geared, then why not use it.
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »

Nah, I have nothing geared or over level 30 yet.  I haven't had too much time to play so I'm mostly just gathering ideas right now so when I commit more time I won't want to reroll down the road.
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 04:38:43 am »

Justm came across this. What I do with my SK when boxing my Cleric and Ranger is have a macro,
/Cast <Taunt>
/pause 50
/Cast <Taunt>
/pause 50
/Cast <Taunt>

If you have 2 of these set and have one for single target and one for AoE then it gives you a little more time on the other toons. You can spread the pause for such as qvic to give more time on % health of mobs popping but its flexible. I think you can macro ability keys so i guess you could chain this from 1 click for longass fights.

HK1 ends goto HK2 and so on.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 10:51:30 am »

.I think you can macro ability keys so i guess you could chain this from 1 click for longass fights.

HK1 ends goto HK2 and so on.

Nope, can not do that with hotkeys in game
It was discussed in another thread i believe.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 12:25:11 pm »

In SWG you could...
In EQ you need third party to do it hehe... and third party is... not recommended.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 12:52:47 pm »

i'd have another person for my ban thread i guess *shrug*

purpose_d

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 06:07:47 pm »

They can lifetap proc, with high oracle charm + focus of healing (or an elite Sk with Ultimate Charm) = less healing/ no healing. this comes with the price of DPS though. So if you have the firepower i would say go SK

Do SK"s get Focus of Healing at some point? That would make a large difference....
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 06:23:26 pm »

The spell correct?

purpose_d

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »

Yes, the spell. Do SK's get it, or does Focus of Healing refer to something else?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 11:03:55 pm »

i havent played an SK here on EZ, i thought they came with FoH, stock

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats