Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:43:50 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Opening up "Angry Nerds Revenge of Insults" augments to SKs  (Read 7996 times)
Hilnur

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2015, 11:49:37 am »

Hey there,

I'm one of the weird ones playing an SK and wondering about the "Angry Nerds Revenge of Insults" augment...

How come it's not been opened up to Shadow-knights ?
They don't have any AoE capabilities and already tank worse than warriors, why wouldn't they just be usable to them, just like the ultimate augment is multi-class (e.g. Hatestomp)?
Wouldn't it go a long way to making them more playable, at least at lower levels or just for farming ?

Cheers.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 12:49:53 pm »

If you are intending to tank with SK through the game, this is just the first of MANY "damn this SK is way more difficult to manage than a War".  I would assume later they get AE spells, but honestly I heard how miserable they were and moved away instantly.  Best of luck!

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:20:43 pm »

I play an SK and it' not as bad as people make it out. It's manageable and just pretty darn fun. I of course would support any type of aoe proc. As it stands now to farm ess I have to run a warrior or wait ten years to kill everything 1 by 1 or with my 1 aoe spell that takes 20 seconds to refresh.

Deadend
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:47:35 pm »

I play an SK and it' not as bad as people make it out. It's manageable and just pretty darn fun. I of course would support any type of aoe proc. As it stands now to farm ess I have to run a warrior or wait ten years to kill everything 1 by 1 or with my 1 aoe spell that takes 20 seconds to refresh.

Deadend

SK's have a few AOE aggro (Dread Gaze, L69) and damage spells available. Look to Darpey's Wiki for some examples.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hilnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 01:41:05 pm »

SK's have a few AOE aggro (Dread Gaze, L69) and damage spells available. Look to Darpey's Wiki for some examples.
-Hate
While that is true, don't you think the damage portion is missing from their abilities ?
Wouldn't the augment be able to fill a bit of that AoE damage gap to make them more viable ?

Cheers
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 03:32:47 pm »

So why not open them to paladins too?  Hell why not open them to EVERY class while we are at it...AoE gravy train....... Roll Eyes

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 06:53:16 pm »

Pallies heal the group they don't tank. An SK's only role on this server is to tank. Hook em up!

Hate the aoe spell you talk about is not worth a hoot. Refresh rate is too high. If we were able to drop the refresh rate to a 1.5 seconds cool down or something then it would be useful. As it stands now it's too darn high!

Deadend

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 10:36:20 pm »

proc rate vs cast rate i mean it's a huge difference. SK's and pally can only wield 1 weapon. this is no huge gain by any means. can not use in UW

before the source update and non "tagged" mobs go straight for the healers (thanks A.I. change) it really was a non issue to not have some decent form of ae hate gain.  both dread gaze and soul eater are insta cast. with new source fizzle aa actually works ... but soul eater is a range of 30  the proc on nerds 6 is range of 35 ... so not only does nerds have a higher range it also lands more. recast time on dread is 3 sec. in that time a war could have dw and procd on either weapon sk has nothing.  pally even gets a proc ae from spell.

i dont care i have uw, but it would help now UW sk/pal progress as a tank
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 11:21:06 pm »

i dont care i have uw, but it would help now UW sk/pal progress as a tank

Sounds fine, I don't think anyone would be mad if all the anger augs opened up to Knights. I don't think it's going to make them OP to the point where people want to ditch their current tank and reroll by any means, but there's no harm in helping the lowbies out.

Would also consider adding them on to be able to use Angerbomb as well. It's more of a pulling tool than a keep-agro tool, although it doesn't hurt. They may be able to now, even though they cannot equip it. Can you click class specific items from a bag you cannot equip if they do not have the "must equip" tag? It's so glorious in the t7 mini for pulling the goblins who have an aggro radius of 1 inch.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:23:24 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:31 pm »

Hell, I'd even be fine with them getting their own Ultimate Knight Weapon, to be able to compete with the current Zweihander warriors. As long as it's as ugly as this poker thing.  Cheesy
Hilnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:05 pm »

I just thought it could help out a non-wanted class, make it a little bit more viable while being an (I assume) easy change to make on EZ's end.

Glad to have kickstarted a little bit of a conversation about it regardless of the outcome !
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 204