Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:39:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: UW  (Read 13880 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
UW
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:44 pm »

Not to start a big shit storm ....

Would it be better for EZ to just remove the UW and call it done?

It has such a massive effect on the server...challenging content balance...

I Have A UW...but maybe it is time to start a discussion about just removing it from game and what that would look like.

Thoughts??

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:04 pm »

I think the UW can be saved from deletion with some healthy revisions....and rumor is those are in the works.

Lets wait and see what management has planned.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:08:05 pm »

Not to start a big shit storm ....

Would it be better for EZ to just remove the UW and call it done?

It has such a massive effect on the server...challenging content balance...

I Have A UW...but maybe it is time to start a discussion about just removing it from game and what that would look like.

Thoughts??
I think the UW can be saved from deletion with some healthy revisions....and rumor is those are in the works.

Lets wait and see what management has planned.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Walls

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

You're not trolling hard enough balidet. Try again
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »

i think removin isnt the right way !
but nerf on hp after 9 and dmg would be good idea

on UWX or higher only half the way of upgrads from 2m Hitpoints to 1.5m hitpoints

dmg im not sure how exaktly it is but if it 150k on UWX then make it to 125k

Bane dmg can get an little upgrade from 45k to 50k

and pls start to work on augments ;p

a few versions to choose and to creat an Augment are 10 essence per rk sound fair and an little extra thing like this

10 essence + 1 Essence of Platium + 1 SLS + Augment u choosed !

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:44 pm »

Leave the damage alone. Tune hps after IX which I believe is what a million hp? Increase it 250/500k hp per rank instead of doubling it and then you don't have issues with the UW anymore. Damage has never been the problem it's the absurd jump from 1mil to 2mil , 4mil, and finishing the current one off at 8mil.
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 03:07:18 pm »

Considering the majority of time on this server is/was spent progressing the UW, thats a bad idea. You mind as well ask for a server/zone content wipe while you are at it for propper balancing.  Why throw away all that time spent?  

Make UW part of the server, I don't see the big deal. Make it part of progression.  Make it so you don't need to farm HoH in T6 gear, make it more linear than that.  Tons of viable options to make UW smoother.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:09:42 pm by Tankdan » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 03:37:52 am »

/nod /nod

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 02:15:26 pm »

why not just make UW unavailable to anyone who doesn't already have one then? why not make it a legendary quest so that only if you already working on progression can you still further it but it is no longer open to start quest with anyone who has not already picked up quest to start it, aka someone who has a rank 1 already can keep going but someone who just has the quest can no longer complete it *and is refunded their ess*
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 02:39:16 pm »

So like a legacy item? It was available at one point in time but no longer? Here's my idea on the whole thing. Once the hps gets to 1mil you cap it at 250k-500k a rank after BUT I think with the current ranks out it should be stopped. No more ranks past what is already available, the rest should be the augments made for the UW that add benefits not stats. Like a UW that could have holy avengers proc on it, stuff that is in it's own sense OP without being game breaking in terms of having millions of hp for no reason. The damage on it is fine, it takes the place of a second group which is nice and with the time, plat, and essences/materials invested in it I think is fair to have it take the place of a second group.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

So like a legacy item? It was available at one point in time but no longer? Here's my idea on the whole thing. Once the hps gets to 1mil you cap it at 250k-500k a rank after BUT I think with the current ranks out it should be stopped. No more ranks past what is already available, the rest should be the augments made for the UW that add benefits not stats. Like a UW that could have holy avengers proc on it, stuff that is in it's own sense OP without being game breaking in terms of having millions of hp for no reason. The damage on it is fine, it takes the place of a second group which is nice and with the time, plat, and essences/materials invested in it I think is fair to have it take the place of a second group.

I likes it

Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 11:03:09 pm »

why not just make UW unavailable to anyone who doesn't already have one then? why not make it a legendary quest so that only if you already working on progression can you still further it but it is no longer open to start quest with anyone who has not already picked up quest to start it, aka someone who has a rank 1 already can keep going but someone who just has the quest can no longer complete it *and is refunded their ess*

Because new players would quit if they are playing alongside people with an uberweap that isn't even obtainable.  I know if I was checking out EZ and saw a 1 million HP weapon and I was stuck with my Epic weapon, I wouldn't stick around.    

Why not allow everybody to obtain it, and create content based around owning one?  Someone explain why this idea is so absurd.   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:04:44 pm by Tankdan » Logged
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 01:08:58 am »

Because new players would quit if they are playing alongside people with an uberweap that isn't even obtainable.  I know if I was checking out EZ and saw a 1 million HP weapon and I was stuck with my Epic weapon, I wouldn't stick around.    

Why not allow everybody to obtain it, and create content based around owning one?  Someone explain why this idea is so absurd.   

Because creating content around OWNING a UW is absolutely ridiculous. Not everyone has the time it takes to invest into a UW. It's very time consuming and requires an abnormal amount of patience. So far I've invested about 300~ hours into it maybe more and I only have V. It gets a little faster after the HOH grind but from my understanding that's still millions of plat you have to account for, materials, and TOFS essences. It's not something you should ever have to require something to farm. It not being available would it so you don't stick around? Imagine HAVING to do all this for one and wanting to stick around. It's not logical to balance content around the UW because not everyone is going to go out and put as much time as some have for it. That's why it's absurd.
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 07:42:36 am »

Why shall UW be deleted ? a lot of players put a lot of time in it to get one.

If you don’t have the money you cant eat caviar

If you don’t have the time you cant have an UW

But at least you should be able to fight with your epic weapon on all tiers.

Hunter created the UW not that all player should have one it was designed just for hardcore player’s and so it should stay.
Just let the hardcore players have there fun as long as you can get all armour from all Tier with you epic weapons.

I think Hate will put it all in the right way without deleting anything.

(English is not my mother language so don’t   throw stones at me when I spelled some word wrong)
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 07:58:39 am »

I disagree with a UW taking 300 hours of farming.  With double loot, you could knock out 3 ranks easily. I farmed up 400+ essences of various types this weekend alone and played about 12 hours total.  The only drawback might be the 10 mil to create it.

The essence drop rates were drastically increased a short while ago to 10% from bosses and .5% from trash. It takes time to farm anything, but 300 hours of pure UW farming, I don't buy it.

UCv1 is required for T5 or you'll spend months in this zone. Resists are required for TOFS/T7+ or your army will die to aoe constantly. SOA is required for tanks to live.  UW (while not required) isn't as "hardcore" as it once was and could be thrown into the required category for anyone T8+.

I would like to see additional stats on the number of players who are serious about progression (7+ chars from the same IP) that have and that don't have UWs. I'd be willing to bet 70% or more have a UW.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64989
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 243