Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:54:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Gemstone of the Ages Drop Rate Increased!  (Read 30153 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 11:33:53 am »

I'm certain folks would.
obut

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 04:47:24 pm »

From a numbers perceptive I don't see 10% changing much of anything on the drop rate.  Even if you assume the drop rate is 1%(im guessing its really lower than this) a 10% increase on that just moves it to 1.1%.  It only get worse as the drop rate approaches 0.  You would almost have to start at a 100% increase in drop rate (1% to 2% in my example) to see a difference and even then its still pretty insignificant
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 07:38:05 pm »

From a numbers perceptive I don't see 10% changing much of anything on the drop rate.  Even if you assume the drop rate is 1%(im guessing its really lower than this) a 10% increase on that just moves it to 1.1%.  It only get worse as the drop rate approaches 0.  You would almost have to start at a 100% increase in drop rate (1% to 2% in my example) to see a difference and even then its still pretty insignificant

This was my first thought as well but I figured Hate had some logic we're missing. It's clearly less than 1%. Going from 1/1000 to 1.1/1000 would have no impact.

Phah

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »

Those of you saying 10% increase won't affect anything don't appear to understand how probability works.

YES, gsoa has a very very small chance of dropping. (1 in 100k maybe? who knows...)
YES, 10% increase won't be very much of an increase in your individual drop rate per mob. (Now 1.1 in 100k)
BUT, 10% increase is in fact a 10% increase. There will now be 10% more GSOA in the game period. More on the market, more in hard farmers' banks. The price will drop a bit (after a while ... maybe).

Very very small is still very very small, but it is also 10% bigger.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 09:21:48 pm »

The drop rate is fine.

If its broke don't fix it, if its not broke, fix it.

Or something like that.

GSOA are supposed to be uber rare, for a reason.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 09:23:18 pm »

Hate's keeping the earring hard to complete, which is IMO as it should be, given the impact it can have on UW melee.

But....this also means we cant really use the earring as the boost for beastlord dps....especially given how dismal the return is for beast pet dps (earring rank 50 places them around 60% of the damage of a similarly geared non UW monk....and still under the dps of a chanter and pet with the same gear).

However, we need patience. Hate's still got his hands full working T10...and I'm sure most of us, even those not yet in T9, would rather he complete T10 before tackling other large projects.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 10:34:19 pm »

From a numbers perceptive I don't see 10% changing much of anything on the drop rate.  Even if you assume the drop rate is 1%(im guessing its really lower than this) a 10% increase on that just moves it to 1.1%.  It only get worse as the drop rate approaches 0.  You would almost have to start at a 100% increase in drop rate (1% to 2% in my example) to see a difference and even then its still pretty insignificant

This was my first thought as well but I figured Hate had some logic we're missing. It's clearly less than 1%. Going from 1/1000 to 1.1/1000 would have no impact.

Those of you saying 10% increase won't affect anything don't appear to understand how probability works.

YES, gsoa has a very very small chance of dropping. (1 in 100k maybe? who knows...)
YES, 10% increase won't be very much of an increase in your individual drop rate per mob. (Now 1.1 in 100k)
BUT, 10% increase is in fact a 10% increase. There will now be 10% more GSOA in the game period. More on the market, more in hard farmers' banks. The price will drop a bit (after a while ... maybe).

Phah is pretty close. Using his number (which are nowhere near accurate, but I like examples): If it was 1:100,000 before, now it's 1:90,000. Obviously 1 in 90k or 100k seems...useless, but let's put it in perspective.

Halls of Honor (HoHonora) has ~500 mobs (+/- 5, already excluding friendly npcs). That's 500 chances at 1 in 90k. Considering it takes maybe 5-7min to pull and clear the zone, that's 8-12 clears an hour, or 4000-6000 mobs per hour (approximately).

Obviously the drop rate isn't 1:100k or it would NEVER drop. Still, the lowered chance should put more in the market. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 11:04:40 pm »

took me 6 months of daily farming to get my last one to drop...now i expect it in 5.8 months...thank you for the improved drop rate when I am 140 years old and have completed my earring on my warrior this will have saved me years of farming!

Grin

Just a side not..not complaining! reading this i sound like an ungrateful cunt ..i assure you i am a grateful cunt.er..grateful at least
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:30:40 am by balidet » Logged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 02:43:13 am »

Phah is pretty close. Using his number (which are nowhere near accurate, but I like examples): If it was 1:100,000 before, now it's 1:90,000. Obviously 1 in 90k or 100k seems...useless, but let's put it in perspective.

Halls of Honor (HoHonora) has ~500 mobs (+/- 5, already excluding friendly npcs). That's 500 chances at 1 in 90k. Considering it takes maybe 5-7min to pull and clear the zone, that's 8-12 clears an hour, or 4000-6000 mobs per hour (approximately).

Obviously the drop rate isn't 1:100k or it would NEVER drop. Still, the lowered chance should put more in the market. :-)

-Hate

But that would be an 11.11% increase  Grin

Now that you've confirmed it it does seem like a small adjustment but only way to find out is to wait and see!

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 06:44:35 am »

Increases are Increases. Thanks Hate.

I personally have gotten 5 or 6 GSoA since I came  back about 6 weeks ago.  Mostly backfarming in t6 for uc2's.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 07:17:23 am »

Lvl'd a newb up since this change.  Couple weeks daily farming all the progression zones. Currently in t8 with him now.   Not a single drop at all.   Not 1  Sad     hoh farming 100s of tokens, a week in abyss, anguish was quick, 3-4 days in loping.  Nothing.

I just had knee surgery so that gave me the last couple weeks of a good amount of play time and couldnt get a single drop at all. 

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Kilz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 08:56:42 am »

Lvl'd a newb up since this change.  Couple weeks daily farming all the progression zones. Currently in t8 with him now.   Not a single drop at all.   Not 1  Sad     hoh farming 100s of tokens, a week in abyss, anguish was quick, 3-4 days in loping.  Nothing.

I just had knee surgery so that gave me the last couple weeks of a good amount of play time and couldnt get a single drop at all. 

Same here.  I did quite a bit of farming in dragons for Dminors, some time in HoH but not a lot, 11-12 Anguish runs and not 1.  In fact, the only time I've ever had one drop was during the double loot weekend not long ago.  So that's 11 toons almost all flagged up to T7 and 1 drop(during DL.)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 09:04:27 am »

I got 2 in t9 same day earlier this week
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 09:40:21 am »

Yeah, I got 2 in one day a while back, not during DL. But then I havent seen one drop in 2 months now, and 0 since the change.

Again, dont think this is an issue, except for the beastlord (IMO the earring SHOULD BE A PAIN TO GET)....but Hate knows about that and will most probably address it when time allows.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 10:10:38 am »

Right now if you want to work on earring you absolutely must buy gsoa in a market with very few sellers. I think drop rate should be high enough that folks who play consistently can progress through earring at a reasonable rate without having to buy them from noobs. There is a reason these babies can sell for over 10 mil. Anyone who argues they are worth 5 mil or less is trying to sucker some newb, which also works on occasion.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:19:56 am by warrior5 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053